Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also heard a bit about Shaw being the beneficiary of Henderson's injury, he could turn out to be a very astute pick, as for Sutcliffe I've just heard a few here talking him up. I would definitely trust the Freo board though.
I'm quite confident that there's a regular poster on this board that has more inside knowledge on this topic than most people on the Freo board..

Just saying..

Last edited:
why does Rhys Shaw keep becoming appealing, i cannot stand him but he does know how to get the bloody ball

ahhhh - god NO

D4 - D6

R.Shaw, S.Shaw, Suckling, Sutcliffe

anyone of those 4 could fill the 3 spots as the rookies just do not appear

interesting times me thinx

R.Shaw, S.Shaw, Suckling, Sutcliffe

anyone of those 4 could fill the 3 spots as the rookies just do not appear
Is that a question, or a statement ;)

You already know my thoughts on which of those 4 :)

I'm quite confident that there's a regular poster on this board that has more inside knowledge on this topic than most people on the Freo board..
My mail, from said person, is that he has a slight strain in his calf so was left out of NAB 1 as a precaution, not because he doesn't fit in to their best team..

There's something you wouldn't find out on the Freo board :D

NB: Someone will not doubt quote this, so you probably will now lol

My mail, from said person, is that he has a slight strain in his calf so was left out of NAB 1 as a precaution, not because he doesn't fit in to their best team..

There's something you wouldn't find out on the Freo board :D

NB: Someone will not doubt quote this, so you probably will now lol

Which, other than the specifics about the injury being a calf problem, was exactly what the Freo board was saying..

Rumours Maric may need a minor op on his ankle. Griffiths likely to play the forward ruck role now. Dont expect big scores but $230k he could average anywhere between 60-80 pts. Awkwardly priced i know but guaranteed game time up until the bye

Wouldnt hampson assume R1, vickers as back up? With jack and Aaron ed as 2 tall fwds?
Hope Griff gets a game but that looks top heavy to an outsider like me.........

Wouldnt hampson assume R1, vickers as back up? With jack and Aaron ed as 2 tall fwds?
Hope Griff gets a game but that looks top heavy to an outsider like me.........
No. Hampson will be R1 with Griff giving him a chop out. Griff had 16 hit outs yesterday against the pies with 1 goals 2 behinds and 84 supercoach points. He is getting more confidence with his shoulders and this has been first full pre season. Vickery will be left alone in the forward line with maybe some minimum ruck contests in our forward line.

To be honest i never had my on Griffiths in defence in wasnt until i started to look at S.Shaw from Adelaide that i noticed Griffiths was placed a defender. Looking at having both in my team now.

No. Hampson will be R1 with Griff giving him a chop out. Griff had 16 hit outs yesterday against the pies with 1 goals 2 behinds and 84 supercoach points. He is getting more confidence with his shoulders and this has been first full pre season. Vickery will be left alone in the forward line with maybe some minimum ruck contests in our forward line.

To be honest i never had my on Griffiths in defence in wasnt until i started to look at S.Shaw from Adelaide that i noticed Griffiths was placed a defender. Looking at having both in my team now.

So the tigers will play 4 tall fwds, sh 1t that'll be hard to match up on....

I count 3, Jack, Vickery and Griffiths dont think Edwards is in our best 22 at this stage. In saying that when Maric is fit and ready to go i would lilke the idea of toying with 4 tall fwds. Only problem being is we could see the ball coming out a little too easy.

Time will tell

4? Riewoldt, Griffiths and Vickery, with Hampson switching with Griffiths. That's 3 not 4.

why does Rhys Shaw keep becoming appealing, i cannot stand him but he does know how to get the bloody ball

Appealing because he has become a resident of 'Value City'. Priced to average around 56. Surely will average around 70-80. Screaming simple upgrade / downgrade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4? Riewoldt, Griffiths and Vickery, with Hampson switching with Griffiths. That's 3 not 4.

I had included Aaron Edwards in the original convo, I rate Edwards massively as a 2nd or 3rd tall fwd

I had included Aaron Edwards in the original convo, I rate Edwards massively as a 2nd or 3rd tall fwd
Fair enough, I don't really call Edwards a tall forward, he's more of that mobile 3rd forward that can play tall or small, so more of that medium sort of forward. He's only 184cm or so from memory.

Fair enough, I don't really call Edwards a tall forward, he's more of that mobile 3rd forward that can play tall or small, so more of that medium sort of forward. He's only 184cm or so from memory.

as i said 3rd fwd and he certainly plays as a tall leading fwd.

Doesnt really matter as smarter than me Richmond people are telling me he is not best 22, so time to move on from Aaron for me and consider Griffiths

Appealing because he has become a resident of 'Value City'. Priced to average around 56. Surely will average around 70-80. Screaming simple upgrade / downgrade

Re-gigged my midfield to give it more premo power so had to downgrade a bit in the backline as a result.

Have Suckling and R.Shaw at D4 and D5 now with McDonald at D6.

Hurn, Grimes and Swallow at D1, D2 and D3.

It aint perfect, far from it but you have to go a bit a thin somewhere when you now have your starting 5 mids go from Ablett, Watson, Murphy, Beams, Thomas to Ablett, Watson, Rockcliff, Cotchin, Beams. :thumbsu: :rainbow:

Re-gigged my midfield to give it more premo power so had to downgrade a bit in the backline as a result.

It aint perfect, far from it but you have to go a bit a thin somewhere when you now have your starting 5 mids go from Ablett, Watson, Murphy, Beams, Thomas to Ablett, Watson, Rockcliff, Cotchin, Beams. :thumbsu: :rainbow:
Backline is not thin my friend, it's anaemic. If you're going with only 3 prems 2 have got to be studs.

For shites n giggles I just put a team together that doesn't include Mitchell, Gaz, Pendles or Dangerfield. Not going to roll with it but I reckon it's a decent squad.

Backline is not thin my friend, it's anaemic. If you're going with only 3 prems 2 have got to be studs.

For shites n giggles I just put a team together that doesn't include Mitchell, Gaz, Pendles or Dangerfield. Not going to roll with it but I reckon it's a decent squad.

I don't rate the backline to be honest, its generally the lowest scoring area out of mids, backs and forwards.

I reckon the backline isnt too bad but it would need to be upgraded straight away come bye time.

I am still thinking I'll stick more to this version of my team though that seems more well balanced everywhere.

upload_2014-2-24_0-38-49.png

I've had very similar squads like that of late.
Solid lines. Great team to start rd1 :thumbsu:

I'm sitting on this at the minute, and I stress minute!

image.jpg

I've had very similar squads like that of late.
Solid lines. Great team to start rd1 :thumbsu:

I'm sitting on this at the minute, and I stress minute!

View attachment 44484

Yeah pretty similar team though you seem to have Griffiths and Rohan instead of near premos in order to upgrade the likes of a Murphy and Thomas that are in my team.

I reckon Thomas is the perfect stepping stone to a fallen in price Pendles after round 8. :thumbsu:

I've got the same philosophy on judas re upgrade but I just don't know about his ankle. I've got him in and out of my side but I can't stand having him and rooting for him to play well. I hope that prick breaks a pinkie.

Our match ups as it stands would be:

Mitchell vs Hurn
Griffiths vs Swallow
Selwood v Watson
Swan v Murphy
Rockliff v Judas
NicNat vs Lobbe
Rohan vs Gray

Close matchup :D:thumbsu:

How much cash you got left? Would you consider...
Swallow > Suckling
Dyson > 117k rookie
Judas > $558k premo mid (Deledio nice POD) + leftover cash you have.

I've got the same philosophy on judas re upgrade but I just don't know about his ankle. I've got him in and out of my side but I can't stand having him and rooting for him to play well. I hope that prick breaks a pinkie.

Our match ups as it stands would be:

Mitchell vs Hurn
Griffiths vs Swallow
Selwood v Watson
Swan v Murphy
Rockliff v Judas
NicNat vs Lobbe
Rohan vs Gray

Close matchup :D:thumbsu:

How much cash you got left? Would you consider...
Swallow > Suckling
Dyson > 117k rookie
Judas > $558k premo mid (Deledio nice POD) + leftover cash you have.

Have $16,000 left over.

Swallow > Suckling
Tyson > HoneyChurch (placeholder), Crouch or Dunstan onto field
Thomas > Cotchin

WINNING! :D:thumbsu:

Last edited:

We have very similar DEF and MID.

If Shaw was say 400k he wouldn't even be considered. His age is a bit of a worry, but with 30 trades let's roll that dice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back