Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffiths hasn't really scored well in the past albeit there's a limited sample size. Although he is the one of the cheapest likely to play defenders so that makes him a strong consideration.
I'm know Richmond expert so am happy for one to correct me.
From what I know, Griffiths has never really had a defined role at Richmond. He has yoyo'd between forward and back, and never had a continuous run in the senior side. He may get both come round 1, potential for improved scoring is there. Whether he is good enough to take the opportunity is the real question. A run around in the ruck and a few hitouts might go a long way to making him SC relevant ;)

I'm know Richmond expert so am happy for one to correct me.
From what I know, Griffiths has never really had a defined role at Richmond. He has yoyo'd between forward and back, and never had a continuous run in the senior side. He may get both come round 1, potential for improved scoring is there. Whether he is good enough to take the opportunity is the real question. A run around in the ruck and a few hitouts might go a long way to making him SC relevant ;)

I agree, you cant take past scoring as an indication as he was played as a KPD for his few games he played the last 2 years. This years pre season is his first time in this new role so that will be the best indication. Wouldn't surprise to see most of scores between 65-85, with the odd better score thrown in depending on goals. What we might see however is a red vest candidate as we tended to sub off a "third" tall type last year in favour of a running player late in the game.

He was apparently Choco's pet project this off season and seems to be working wonders at this stage.

This is the same paper, the same article in fact that said Joe Daniher's career is at the crossroads.

:cool::cool::cool:
It's not looking good for him. I mean he's only kicked goals against expansion sides! He's a KPF and he should be starting to dominate games by now, but he hasn't. I fear this might be his last year :p

Ayce Cordy >> Joe Daniher

#amidoingitright
In that case, straight swap Cordy to Daniher. I think you guys are winning that one ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly didn't know that. But regardless, I won't take in a player under an injury cloud. Not only do they come in under done, they become a huge target for the vest.

Whilst I agree with most of this Except the underdone bit. Hes not losing all the fitness work he's done in the last 12 weeks. Could be viewed as a freshen up if you were being super positive

Have gone with a strong defense due to the lack of rookie options

Mitchell - Hanley - Simpson - enright - Swallow - McDonald. (Langford and Langdon)

This still allows me to have 4 mid prems plus leuy and Sandi in the rucks.

Hey all,

Still pretty new here (will ensure I give out advice when I can).

I'm still at a bit of a loss regarding my premo D2/D3 combo. Obviously Mitchell a lock at D1, and Suckling will be my D4.

Initial view is to grab Hanley and McVeigh and look for Enright post bye. However, still not sold on Hanley. Hibberd potential?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hey all,

Still pretty new here (will ensure I give out advice when I can).

I'm still at a bit of a loss regarding my premo D2/D3 combo. Obviously Mitchell a lock at D1, and Suckling will be my D4.

Initial view is to grab Hanley and McVeigh and look for Enright post bye. However, still not sold on Hanley. Hibberd potential?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Simpson, Swallow, Grimes, McVeigh, Enright, Hanley, Hibberd (if he plays round 1) are all options. I've personally gone for Swallow, who I think should be a lock in every side due to him moving into the midfield and having an SC friendly game, and Simpson, who I think is going to be consistent and punch out a few great scores as well.

Best thing to do is look which ones fit your bye structure best, and look how they've scored in previous years, and pick 2 of them that you like.

Simpson, Swallow, Grimes, McVeigh, Enright, Hanley, Hibberd (if he plays round 1) are all options. I've personally gone for Swallow, who I think should be a lock in every side due to him moving into the midfield and having an SC friendly game, and Simpson, who I think is going to be consistent and punch out a few great scores as well.

Best thing to do is look which ones fit your bye structure best, and look how they've scored in previous years, and pick 2 of them that you like.

Yeah, I think Swallow is an absolute lock. Had him all pre-season, and unfortunately people have been jumping on.

At the moment, my backline reads; Walker, Mitchell, Swallow, Pittard, Suckling, McDonald. Not sure who I want in that D4 position and may have to make a sacrifice to get someone with less risk in than Pittard, who I have at the moment.

Yes conundrum, had Swallow initially. However, with Suckling at D4, not D5, I'm just not that confident playing D1/D2 premo's and Swallow alongside. Not as assured about Swallow as you are yet!!

No idea why everyone keeps Swallow is an absolute lock.... He is far from it. He will be going no where near my side!

No idea why everyone keeps Swallow is an absolute lock.... He is far from it. He will be going no where near my side!
Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?
Has he shown any scoring potential at all? Ever? People are just assuming he will score big because it has been hinted that he will get more midfield time. If I had a dollar for every time we heard 'Player X is going to get more midfield time this year' to then see him barely play there at all, I would be a rich man.

He has averaged 79, 78, 79 in his 3 years. He is definitely very consistent!

Number 1 draft pick, averaged 80 three years in a row as a skinny rake playing in defense. Has bulked up and moved to the midfield, is 429k and can kick goals.

Pretty much a no brainer IMO.

Has he shown any scoring potential at all? Ever? People are just assuming he will score big because it has been hinted that he will get more midfield time. If I had a dollar for every time we heard 'Player X is going to get more midfield time this year' to then see him barely play there at all, I would be a rich man.

He has averaged 79, 78, 79 in his 3 years. He is definitely very consistent!
What a strange argument. In his first year, he only dropped below 60 4 times in 22 games. In his 2nd/3rd year, he was injured a bit but has punched out a few 100+ scores that were very good, did this in his first year as well.

For comparisons sake, Cotchin averaged 67, 62 and 79 in his first 3 years. Dangerfield's first 4 were 20, 63, 70 and 80. He's now got a few preseasons behind his back, isn't injured, has bulked up a bit, and is rated highly inside GC. Should be a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back