Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he learnt how to handle a tag? He started brilliantly last year, people traded him in (not me thankfully :eek:), nek minnit he gets tagged and pumps out woeful scores :oops:
His scores towards the end of the year were pretty good.

I think it was just that 30 vs GWS (the game where Palmer's game plan would be considered rape if on the streets) that still sits in everyone's memory.

Grant Birchall anyone?
A near certainty to be in my team. After a great start he did play a couple of shockers just before the bye, but after the bye, if you leave out round 13 in which he was injured, he averaged 100.6 over 8 games only falling below 94 once. Has shown he can score even better and is great value this year.

A near certainty to be in my team. After a great start he did play a couple of shockers just before the bye, but after the bye, if you leave out round 13 in which he was injured, he averaged 100.6 over 8 games only falling below 94 once. Has shown he can score even better and is great value this year.

Can't handle a tag and melts like butter when tagged.

Pass! :thumbsdown:

What are everyone's thoughts on D6-D8 options (in my team setup) of Langford, Clurey, Georgiou, Laidler getting a regular game?

Laidler should get more regular games, good for D6.
D7 and D8 really a toss between the other 3.
Georgiou in D7 if upgraded from rookie list and Langford in D8.

Still got a sore leg that is being managed!

Toyed with the idea of putting him in my team, just not sure if it's worth the punt. With the round 8 bye and being fairly expensive for a back that ruled him out but he could take his game to another level this year and be a great pick up. I'll be watching to see how he goes and may pick him up after the bye.
Could be a player that you look to upgrade to after the RD bye? You might have to pay a little overs for him, but thats easy to swallow when you have made your money on other players? Eliminates the risk/you get time to evaluate/by round 9 the cash cows are well and truly peaking and the new ones are blossoming through? Food for thought :) GL

heath grundy anyone?
Great NAB cup game, but will probably only score around the 80 mark most games! Swans will have a lot of players taking points from each other, and with the output of Shaw and Laidler this year Grundy probably wont be "one out the box" but a reliable choice none the less. :) GL

Can't handle a tag and melts like butter when tagged.

Pass! :thumbsdown:
Has gotten much better in recent times with handling a tag. Only occasionally has he really been horribly affected by it in the past couple of years.
May not be the first tagged anymore either with Mitchell playing down there more often. If Suckling returns to anything like his best form this may also lighten his load, allowing him to play further up the ground at times. He'll get off the chain, mid 90's average as good as assured.

Has gotten much better in recent times with handling a tag. Only occasionally has he really been horribly affected by it in the past couple of years.
May not be the first tagged anymore either with Mitchell playing down there more often. If Suckling returns to anything like his best form this may also lighten his load, allowing him to play further up the ground at times. He'll get off the chain, mid 90's average as good as assured.
Agreed, Occasionally he'll have a low score from a tag, but overall will av 90+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Hodge?????
Plays for Hawthorn, captain, Norm Smith, 2x premierships, 3x AA's what else you want to know?

I had him, but I've gone off him. I just think he'll be thrown around a bit more to fill holes with Birchall/Suckling coming back, and think his scoring might drop a bit.

Plays for Hawthorn, captain, Norm Smith, 2x premierships, 3x AA's what else you want to know?

I had him, but I've gone off him. I just think he'll be thrown around a bit more to fill holes with Birchall/Suckling coming back, and think his scoring might drop a bit.

Or be all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back