Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnt me like crispy bacon last year. Vest option. When he did play, 30 points.
Without having seen Webster play, the stats say he's improved and St.Kilda are rebuilding so he should be getting more game time. His fitness would have improved after another preseason one would think. What does the Saints board think krk004?

Question Yods. WHy hot Walker. Averaged better than SImpson, and is younger. A penny for your thoughts mate?

Last year was the first time Walker has averaged more than 90+. Is that an abberation or an improvement ? Walker has only played 22 games in 2 of his last 9 years.

Simpson on the other hand has missed 3 games in 8 years and averaged 90 + in 6 of them (85.1 & 88.9 in the other two).

Walker may break down or he may break out. That is up to you but i'm going with the proven output of Kade.

Last edited:
That's a good well balanced lineup. A little heavy on R9 bye players but that's hard to avoid with so many of the better value defenders having that bye. I'd love to include Mitchell, Simpson, Birchall, Hurn, Suckling and Langford but that would mean 4 R9 donuts (before trading) :(

I am seriously considering Suckling > rookie (Georgiou or Ramsey) and then upgrading Dom Tyson > Caddy (Midfield) and then Caddy > Hawkins (forward line). Could potentially see a 30 - 50 points per game difference just from those three changes alone.

I am seriously considering Suckling > rookie (Georgiou or Ramsey) and then upgrading Dom Tyson > Caddy (Midfield) and then Caddy > Hawkins (forward line). Could potentially see a 30 - 50 points per game difference just from those three changes alone.

Suckling is an interesting one.

I don't think he is necessarily the lock that others do.

Potentially a vest candidate early and I certainly agree with the strategy to downgrade him to a rookie, then use the $150-$200K elsewhere.

Suckling is an interesting one.

I don't think he is necessarily the lock that others do.

Potentially a vest candidate early and I certainly agree with the strategy to downgrade him to a rookie, then use the $150-$200K elsewhere.

Talk of the kid Langford getting games instead of Suckling.

If/when suckling returns, most people will be all over him if he returns after round 3.

Without having seen Webster play, the stats say he's improved and St.Kilda are rebuilding so he should be getting more game time. His fitness would have improved after another preseason one would think. What does the Saints board think krk004?

Saints board are pretty positive on him, most have him in their 'Rd 1, first 22', FWIW

Have seen it mentioned that he is one of Richo's early fav's and from what I can tell in our first 2 games, teammates are looking to get it into his hands for his accurate foot skills (Saints version of Suckling!?).

Strongly considering for my own team. ;)

Upgrading Tyson to Caddy looks like a waste of money, especially when the key part of the plan is getting Tom Hawkins in your side. I have Tyson and seriously considering Caddy for what it's worth, but he's way too much more than Caddy for that to be a viable option.

Upgrading Tyson to Caddy looks like a waste of money, especially when the key part of the plan is getting Tom Hawkins in your side. I have Tyson and seriously considering Caddy for what it's worth, but he's way too much more than Caddy for that to be a viable option.

Not really. Hopeful that Caddy can increase his output from 60 to 80+ which is a seriously big chance the two pre season games ive seen. Big, big chance to be 'that' breakout man'.

FWIW, that F5 position is more than likely going to change over and over.

Saints board are pretty positive on him, most have him in their 'Rd 1, first 22', FWIW

Have seen it mentioned that he is one of Richo's early fav's and from what I can tell in our first 2 games, teammates are looking to get it into his hands for his accurate foot skills (Saints version of Suckling!?).

Strongly considering for my own team. ;)
I know you're not advocating that people pick him, but Shaw and Sutcliffe are a similar price, to put things in perspective.

I know you're not advocating that people pick him, but Shaw and Sutcliffe are a similar price, to put things in perspective.

Or, in your opinion? o_O

People will make their own decisions, nice to have options though.

Or, in your opinion? o_O

People will make their own decisions, nice to have options though.
On that, what do you make of Webster? Do you think he might be a better option than Shaw/Sutcliffe? Because I need to pick one of them, and Webster burned me horribly last year! :( Sub candidate again or not?

On that, what do you make of Webster? Do you think he might be a better option than Shaw/Sutcliffe? Because I need to pick one of them, and Webster burned me horribly last year! :( Sub candidate again or not?

Last year it was either thurlow Or Nicky webster one went up in price and didnt get anymore games and the other stayed in the team and is around 50k cheaper.

Last year it was either thurlow Or Nicky webster one went up in price and didnt get anymore games and the other stayed in the team and is around 50k cheaper.
Although to be fair to Thurlow he was injured..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnt me too. In the few games he played in full he only scored 40-50 as well. Unless he's got a specific role change, once burnt, twice shy.

I reckon he'll step up this year to play the role he has had in NAB challenge, using his kicking skills across HB.

Early indications are that the ball will be down his end a bit this year! :(

LOL, had Thurlow as well as Saunders & Webster last year! Ahhhhhhhhh........, :oops:

I had Luke Brown that will cheers up guys up.

I had Thurlow and L.Brown was my designated bench spot warmer all year. LOL!

Thank God I never had Webster and Saunders though.

Had a suspicion those two would be vested alot and it proved to be correct. :thumbsu:

I had Thurlow and L.Brown was my designated bench spot warmer all year. LOL!

Thank God I never had Webster and Saunders though.

Had a suspicion those two would be vested alot and it proved to be correct. :thumbsu:
Yeah. Thanks for sharing.

Grant Birchall anyone?

Grant Birchall anyone?
Has he learnt how to handle a tag? He started brilliantly last year, people traded him in (not me thankfully :eek:), nek minnit he gets tagged and pumps out woeful scores :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back