Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyone doing with KK and Laidler? will they play round 1? Are there any other high priced rookies apart from those 2 and LMac to consider?

Whats everyone doing with KK and Laidler? will they play round 1? Are there any other high priced rookies apart from those 2 and LMac to consider?

I'm seriously thinking of starting McDonald at D5 and Laidler at D6 (5 premo midfield)

Have to see if Laidler is selected for round 1 though of course in order for it to all work out.

If he doesn't get selected then might go back to 4 mid premos to shore up the backline and move Suckling to D5 and McDonald to D6.

I'm seriously thinking of starting McDonald at D5 and Laidler at D6 (5 premo midfield)

Have to see if Laidler is selected for round 1 though of course in order for it to all work out.

If he doesn't get selected then might go back to 4 mid premos to shore up the backline and move Suckling to D5 and McDonald to D6.
How many prems you got in fwd and defence?

Gone for underpriced defenders up back who I hope can break into premo status - Grimes, Swallow, Hurn.

Up forward I have Dangerfield, Martin, Spuddy, Gray and Pavlich. :thumbsu:
Nice, hot tip (i know this isn't the forwards section) but Cyril - being forgotten because of rd 1 suspension. sources tell me he will play 20+ games and average 100 plus off half back

Nice, hot tip (i know this isn't the forwards section) but Cyril - being forgotten because of rd 1 suspension. sources tell me he will play 20+ games and average 100 plus off half back

lol. Your sources are quoting you SC scores?

Nice...

Love the 20+ games quote......

lol. Your sources are quoting you SC scores?

Nice...
No they told me he will play a running half back and is peak of his fitness with a full pre season. And hawks will look to have the ball in his and sucklings hands whenever possibly. That tells me he will average 100 + points

How many running defenders do Hawthorn need? Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling and apparently now Rioli. Interesting in itself.

How many running defenders do Hawthorn need? Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling and apparently now Rioli. Interesting in itself.
Well I think they will play Cyril and Birchall of Half back, and move Suckling into Guerra's role as a quarterback type player. IMO Mitchell and Hodge will go into the guts as will Shiels who could be set for a big year. but from what I've heard there playing cyril back.

Just thinking what someone said before that should our old injury riddled friend Jack Grimes play 20+ games, he will average 95+. Surely! Thinking of going Grimes instead of Birchall and running with McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Hanley, Grimes, L.McDonald, W.Langford, T.Langdon, (Georgiou, C.Cameron)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking what someone said before that should our old injury riddled friend Jack Grimes play 20+ games, he will average 95+. Surely! Thinking of going Grimes instead of Birchall and running with McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Hanley, Grimes, L.McDonald, W.Langford, T.Langdon, (Georgiou, C.Cameron)

Me thinks you / we think too much and end up with headaches

Does anyone think that Suckling will be vest candidate in first few games to break him in? I get the feeling he will be and have switched off him.

Not trusting Laidler as starter just yet so (cue meerkat) I've got him as insurance as D7.

My backs at the minute are:
Hanley, Birchall, K.Simpson, Swallow, Griffiths, LMac (Laidler, Georgiou)

Thoughts?

Does anyone think that Suckling will be vest candidate in first few games to break him in? I get the feeling he will be and have switched off him.

Not trusting Laidler as starter just yet so (cue meerkat) I've got him as insurance as D7.

My backs at the minute are:
Hanley, Birchall, K.Simpson, Swallow, Griffiths, LMac (Laidler, Georgiou)

Thoughts?

No Mitchell?

What's your reasoning for not selecting him mate?

Mitchell could be back in if i tinker but im trying a more even $tructure.

If Laidler is in the best 22 I could spread Griffiths cash to upgrade Swallow >Mitchell.

Mitchell, Simpson, Hanley, Birchall, LMac, Laidler

Have you thought about applying for a job at SuperCoach Paige?

Is Andrej Everitt (d4/d5) a POD playing off half back/utility? Looks to have slotted into the Blues side nicely.

If I went back to a 3 prem defense I'd almost be inclined to pick Everitt @ d4 as opposed to Suckling.

What's the deal with Birchall? He didn't play either NAB game as far as I can see. Everything OK there?

Team is almost set with $900 in the bank :eek: trying to weigh player value vs cash.

Birchall + $900 vs
Grimes + 60k vs
Hurn + 26k

Note: money saved will be banked.

Team is almost set with $900 in the bank :eek: trying to weigh player value vs cash.

Birchall + $900 vs
Grimes + 60k vs
Hurn + 26k

Note: money saved will be banked.

Birchall (95-100)
Grimes (85-90)
Hurn (90-95)

IMO as 26k give more options than $900, plus not sure on Grimes - FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back