Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys I'm back, any chance you'll line up like this?

B: Steven May ~ Rory Thompson ~ Trent Mckenzie
HB: Kade Kolodjashnij ~ Sam Day ~ Nick Malceski

C: Michael Rischitelli ~ Dion Prestia ~ Jarrod Harbrow

HF: Gary Ablett ~ Tom Lynch ~ Harley Bennell
F: Brandon Matera ~ Charlie Dixon ~ Zac Smith

R: Tom Nicholls ~ Jaeger O'Meara ~ David Swallow

INT: Jack Martin ~ Sean Lemmens ~ Danny Stanley ~ Matthew Shaw

Only thing he was wrong about was the percentage figure..
We'll say its 50% not 70!
Essendon dropped Joe Daniher when he was playing shocking footy, and he was there number 1 and only key forward.. So if the Bombers can do that and our 3rd key forward cant get a touch..
He should of been dropped untill he won his position back

Thanks Ben...... finally someone who knows where in coming from.... Day has been a favourite of Blueys,hence Day kept his spot, but this did not do Day any favours in his development..... Im telling you now coach Eade will make him or break him !!!!
As ive commented before, Day is a big fit guy with great athletic ability, but one has to know how to play footy on game day, not be there because of his athletic ability. Day has so far showed a terrible lack of decision making both under pressure and even when not under pressure.
I hope Eade can solve these issues with Day, and for Day to become a top performer.

Sorry, but Ablett on a forward flank,,,, your joking, He has to be midfield. Forward flank will be his in 2 or 3 seasons.

Jaegerbomb,
it has been a joke...... in defence of Day, he has been totally mis-managed by the Blueys etc.Dont worry, Eade will sort this out, and hopefully develop Day into a good player.

Did Sam screw your missus? You are boring me to death with your constant attacks at him.

Did Sam screw your missus? You are boring me to death with your constant attacks at him.
What he's saying is true though. If it were any other player, they'd have been dropped until they proved themselves in the NEAFL. Didn't happen with Day and it should have - both for the development of the club's on field performance, as well as Day's development itself. It's hardly an attack when there's an objective basis for the statement to begin with.

What he's saying is true though. If it were any other player, they'd have been dropped until they proved themselves in the NEAFL. Didn't happen with Day and it should have - both for the development of the club's on field performance, as well as Day's development itself. It's hardly an attack when there's an objective basis for the statement to begin with.

So which resting forward/relief ruck was killing it in the NEAFL who could have come in and done a BETTER job?

Sure, it is a valid point to raise but after the 342nd time of listening to stuyd crap on about it, it is doing my head in. The majority of his posts are blatant attacks on Sam Day.

You lot overexaggerate how bad Day is so badly. He really is not that bad. He had some ripper games this year. ****ing hard lot to please. Apparently we need 22 superstars every week kicking huge bags and racking up bulk touches.

I understand he has a lot to work on. He is a 22 year old 100kg+ tall forward. Of course he does. Far out you blokes are impatient.

You lot overexaggerate how bad Day is so badly. He really is not that bad. He had some ripper games this year. ******* hard lot to please. Apparently we need 22 superstars every week kicking huge bags and racking up bulk touches.

I understand he has a lot to work on. He is a 22 year old 100kg+ tall forward. Of course he does. Far out you blokes are impatient.
From rounds 1 - 8, Day was a beast. He was consistent, athletic, and focussed. After that, apart from his game against Collingwood (where he stood up when he was needed, thankfully), he just disappeared. Considering the injuries we had in that timeframe, we really needed him to perform consistently and he didn't do that. There's no doubting his skill, but regardless of who it is, if the player can't perform, they don't deserve their spot. It's simple. It's baffling that McKenna let him keep his spot.

I guess everyone is focussed on Day because he's thus far constantly been in our 22 each week (2014), but doesn't really deserve his spot. Underperformers like Shaw and Hall had been dropped on and off throughout the year, whereas Day, who kept his spot, disappeared on field where he really should have stood up.

Ignoring his reasons for it, whether it's Bluey's fault, his lack of a pre-season, etc - the fact stands that Day played every single game of the 2014 season, and only performed even remotely adequately in maybe 1/3 of the games. For a pick 3 draft pick in 2010, it's about time he starts performing consistently.

In saying this, I'm pretty confident that Day's early-2014 performance will return throughout 2015 now that we've got a new coach and he'll have a full pre-season heading into next year. Apart from his perceived potential, he's a player that loves life on the Gold Coast and loves his club - something we should be thankful for, too. Imagine when he starts performing week in, week out. He'll be a 12 year player with a future F/S chance that other clubs will be creaming themselves over - if he plays consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort but I can't see Rischitelli holding out Lonergan, Hallahan etc

Also Day will have to improve his fitness to plat CHB but it is possible

B: Kade Kolodjashnij ~ Rory Thompson ~ Trent Mckenzie

HB: ~ Steven May ~ Nick Malceski ~ David Swallow

C: Jaeger O'Meara ~ Dion Prestia ~ Jarrod Harbrow

HF: Peter Wright ~ Tom Lynch ~ Harley Bennell

F: Brandon Matera ~ Charlie Dixon ~ Jack Martin

R: Tom Nicholls ~ Gary Ablett ~ Mitch Hallinan

INT: Sean Lemmens ~ Danny Stanley ~ Touk Miller ~ Andrew Raines

B: Kade Kolodjashnij ~ Rory Thompson ~ Trent Mckenzie

HB: ~ Steven May ~ Nick Malceski ~ David Swallow

C: Jaeger O'Meara ~ Dion Prestia ~ Jarrod Harbrow

HF: Peter Wright ~ Tom Lynch ~ Harley Bennell

F: Brandon Matera ~ Charlie Dixon ~ Jack Martin

R: Tom Nicholls ~ Gary Ablett ~ Mitch Hallinan

INT: Sean Lemmens ~ Danny Stanley ~ Touk Miller ~ Andrew Raines
Holy shit, really??

Wright, Miller and Raines will add a lot. Raines is the tagger the suns have missed. The 2 kids are both quality.

Pretty uneducated opinion considering they picked him up to do a specific job and he is one of the fittest and most professional at the club

Pretty uneducated opinion considering they picked him up to do a specific job and he is one of the fittest and most professional at the club
We'll have to agree to disagree. :)

From everything I've read, he was picked up to do a specific job, but it's not to tag in the seniors. As you mentioned, he's one of the fittest and most professional at the club. He's there to set that standard and provide fairly valuable depth, a mature body and experience to the NEAFL side. If a senior spot somehow does open up for him, I'm sure he'll take it with both hands. As it is though, I'd have him as 3rd of even the 4th rookie in line to get promoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back