Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't we just wait and see what he ends up playing so that no one needs to be right or wrong lol

We are SUNS supporters. We have used all our patience.
139442-tigers.jpg

B: Harbrow Thompson Malceski
HB: KK May McKenzie
C: Bennell Ablett Swallow
HF: Martin Lynch Hallahan
F: Day Dixon Matera

Rucks: Nichols, O'Meara, Prestia

I/C from : Lonergan , Smith, Sexton, Garlett, Miller, Wright, Shaw, Stanley, Tape, Gorringe, Rischitelli, Broughton, Lemmens, Leslie etc.
Good depth now.
Hoping / expecting the 3 kids drafted end up on the ground with 12-24 months.
Rocket must be pinching himself with this list. A few boys won't get much playing time without injuries though and he'll do well keeping them all happy.

B: Harbrow Thompson Malceski
HB: KK May McKenzie
C: Bennell Ablett Swallow
HF: Martin Lynch Hallahan
F: Day Dixon Matera

Rucks: Nichols, O'Meara, Prestia

I/C from : Lonergan , Smith, Sexton, Garlett, Miller, Wright, Shaw, Stanley, Tape, Gorringe, Rischitelli, Broughton, Lemmens, Leslie etc.
Good depth now.
Hoping / expecting the 3 kids drafted end up on the ground with 12-24 months.
Rocket must be pinching himself with this list. A few boys won't get much playing time without injuries though and he'll do well keeping them all happy.
For me, I would have Smith into the ruck, Nichols on the bench with Shaw, Rischitelli, Broughton and Stanley.

McKenzie May Broughton
Malceski Thompson Kolodjashnij
Martin Prestia Swallow
Matera Lynch Bennel
Day Dixon Stanley

Nicholls OMeara Ablett

Rischitelli, Harbrow, Tape, Hallahan

I think this is pretty much a stock standard template.. Stanley has got boston and garlett at his heels and of course day has wright. Hallanan and Lonergan will be battling each other as well. Some pretty healthy competition for spots. And as good as Matera is around goals, I think he could be an elite midielder once his tank develops

McKenzie May Broughton
Malceski Thompson Kolodjashnij
Martin Prestia Swallow
Matera Lynch Bennel
Day Dixon Stanley

Nicholls OMeara Ablett

Rischitelli, Harbrow, Tape, Hallahan

I think this is pretty much a stock standard template.. Stanley has got boston and garlett at his heels and of course day has wright. Hallanan and Lonergan will be battling each other as well. Some pretty healthy competition for spots. And as good as Matera is around goals, I think he could be an elite midielder once his tank develops
I like this, but I think that Lemmens and Shaw have a place in the best 22 somewhere...somehow. Based on their 2014 performance, anyway.

It's going to be very tough to break into our best 22 next year!

I like this, but I think that Lemmens and Shaw have a place in the best 22 somewhere...somehow. Based on their 2014 performance, anyway.

It's going to be very tough to break into our best 22 next year!
Until we start falling apart with injuries as usual, but at least there will be some competition for spots now even if/when that does happen... Predicting July.

Until we start falling apart with injuries as usual, but at least there will be some competition for spots now even if/when that does happen... Predicting July.

Every club has its share of injuries every season. Can be a huge number of injuries like we had this season. Hope we can have a run of not to many serious injuries come 2015.This will not only assist the senior team but will enable the ressies (NEAFL) to have a better season.
By the way, is Josh Fraser coaching the ressies, if not, who is.?

Question for the masses!

If you had to come up with a "number", how many players on the list would be considered automatic selections (forget about injuries such as O'Meara) for round one?

I came up with 15 players whose 2015 season was good enough to have banked a credit for round one selection.

Question for the masses!

If you had to come up with a "number", how many players on the list would be considered automatic selections (forget about injuries such as O'Meara) for round one?

I came up with 15 players whose 2015 season was good enough to have banked a credit for round one selection.
Ablett
O'Meara
Swallow
Prestia
Stanley
Kolodjashnij
Malceski
Harbrow
May
McKenzie
Bennell
Lynch
Dixon
Matera
Martin

All are definite ins for me. The remainder of the positions can be swapped and changed around imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a list! A lot can change in 12 months when you’re a young club. I think what really stands out this year is our skilful back line, so much run, so many great left boots, not to mention our two super KPD’s.

One of our rucks needs to stand up and dominate this year, I think Tom Nicholls is the man. He is apparently 102kgs now and looking beastly.

For all the Sam Day naysayers out there, I think he is tracking nicely and with another step up this year is certainly worthy of being a premiership “best 22” fwd. I actually think that it’s Boston, Miller and Garlett that hopefully will be putting the acid onto Shaw, O’Hallahan and Stanley which will be the talking points this year.. How quickly can they develop? Their class looks unquestioned. I think they are all members of our first premiership team within 3 years.

I am really hoping that Seb Tape makes some noise this year along with Seany Lemmons, I see them as crucial ingredients when on song.

Trent McKenzie Rory Thompson Greg Broughton

Kade Kolodashnij Steven May Nick Malcezski

Jarrod Harbrow Gary Ablett Jaegar O'Meara

Harley Bennell Tom Lynch Jack Martin

Brandon Matera Sam Day Charlie Dixon

Tom Nicholls David Swallow Dion Prestia

Danny Stanley Michael Rischitelli Mitch O'Hallahan

Sub: Matt Shaw

This ressie team could go from Spoon to Premiership in one season. I’ve attempted to find some balance, hence Clay Cameron on the bench. We have 11 guys 6ft 5’ or over on our main list of 38 and we then picked up 6ft 6’ Keegan Brooksby (let’s hope that this is a sign he was too good to pass up).

From what I have seen and read about Glenn and Saad in particular, I can only say that Clayton is a genius. It seems both of these guys have got something to bring to the top side almost straight away if things fall their way.

Seb Tape Henry Schade Adam Saad

Sean Lemmens Jack Leslie Josh Glenn

Jarrod Garlett Andrew Raines Alex Sexton

Aaron Hall Dan Gorringe Andrew Boston

Peter Wright Josh Hall Luke Russell

Zac Smith Jesse Lonergan Touk Miller

Tim Summner Clay Cameron Louie Herbert

Sub: Jarrod Ellis

Tyrone Downey Keegan Brooksby

Last edited:
We have a list! A lot can change in 12 months when you’re a young club. I think what really stands out this year is our skilful back line, so much run, so many great left boots, not to mention our two super KPD’s.

One of our rucks needs to stand up and dominate this year, I think Tom Nicholls is the man. He is apparently 102kgs now and looking beastly.

For all the Sam Day naysayers out there, I think he is tracking nicely and with another step up this year is certainly worthy of being a premiership “best 22” fwd. I actually think that it’s Boston, Miller and Garlett that hopefully will be putting the acid onto Shaw, O’Hallahan and Stanley which will be the talking points this year.. How quickly can they develop? Their class looks unquestioned. I think they are all members of our first premiership team within 3 years.

I am really hoping that Seb Tape makes some noise this year along with Seany Lemmons, I see them as crucial ingredients when on song.

Brandon Matera Sam May Charlie Dixon

This ressie team could go from Spoon to Premiership in one season. I’ve attempted to find some balance, hence Clay Cameron on the bench. We have 11 guys 6ft 5’ or over on our main list of 38 and we then picked up 6ft 6’ Keegan Brooksby (let’s hope that this is a sign he was too good to pass up).

From what I have seen and read about Glenn and Saad in particular, I can only say that Clayton is a genius. It seems both of these guys have got something to bring to the top side almost straight away if things fall their way.

Tom Nicholls Jesse Lonergan Touk Miller

Agree with essentially everything you just said. I like logical posters! :D

Brandon Matera Sam Day Charlie Dixon

Zac Smith Jesse Lonergan Touk Miller

Both sides I agree with. Well done mate.

Fire up!

Steve May definitely deserves to be in the starting line up in 2015.

However I think there is an argument that he would add the "X" factor as the third tall in the forward line.

He would be very hard to match up on and if he could contribute between 40-60 goals, it would go along way to reaching the finals.

yep, May has become a beast down back and is crucial to our success. I would like to see him tried as the third tall in the Josh Gibson mould. Can move onto the opposition forwards when required, but is freed up to intercept/rebound more, as he is so good at reading the play. Obviously he will mark rather than spoil hopefully. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back