2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Mont will lose about 12 senior players 8 of them are going to join Dog at East Donny.
3 joined East donny ... Plus the three wodonga boys !
Mont has lost a heap of blokes and are taking the part Macleod and greens borough have taken , play youth , develop there young brigade ... Won't play finals but it is a good road they are taking,! Good luck to them it will be a painful next couple of years but good for the long term !

3 joined East donny ... Plus the three wodonga boys !
Mont has lost a heap of blokes and are taking the part Macleod and greens borough have taken , play youth , develop there young brigade ... Won't play finals but it is a good road they are taking,! Good luck to them it will be a painful next couple of years but good for the long term !

Giles, Limbach, & Steven from Wodonga Raiders.
Tennant & .......... from Mont?

Even Mont cant compete with Albury.

Have they signed any big names? I know Limbach, Steven and Giles were linked to East Doncaster which would be disappointing for Mont.

Still have the cattle to go top 4 though

Think u might be getting some wrong info there bud. The club happily wiped their hands clean of the 3 Wodonga boys two years ago. Have openly said they have no interest in having them back. I have heard from good sources that the majority of the players who have left this year was due to not being happy about taking a payment cut, the vibe around the club along with a few handy new recruits i have heard is better than it has been for years. Top 4 is still the plan for next year.

Think u might be getting some wrong info there bud. The club happily wiped their hands clean of the 3 Wodonga boys two years ago. Have openly said they have no interest in having them back. I have heard from good sources that the majority of the players who have left this year was due to not being happy about taking a payment cut, the vibe around the club along with a few handy new recruits i have heard is better than it has been for years. Top 4 is still the plan for next year.
I can tell you now top 4 isn't the goal at all ....
Only two -three people wiped there hands clean from the three boys , a lot of people were disapointed with how the club ( certain couple of people high up ) handled it.... They tried getting the boys back for next year but Doncaster easts offer for them plus two mont boys was too good to refuse ...

The vibe around the place is the same as it was from 06-10 which is a great thing , the young blokes plus the push to get original mont blokes from the last 5-6 years back is also what is making it a better place ! Mont will struggle next year but it's short term pain for long term gain atm

Any truth to the rumour regarding the current/ most recent captain of montmorency joining a rival metropolitan powerhouse?

I can tell you now top 4 isn't the goal at all ....
Only two -three people wiped there hands clean from the three boys , a lot of people were disapointed with how the club ( certain couple of people high up ) handled it.... They tried getting the boys back for next year but Doncaster easts offer for them plus two mont boys was too good to refuse ...

The vibe around the place is the same as it was from 06-10 which is a great thing , the young blokes plus the push to get original mont blokes from the last 5-6 years back is also what is making it a better place ! Mont will struggle next year but it's short term pain for long term gain atm

If my memory serves me right two of them were contracted, part of the leadership group, and they left in February. I can't speak for everyone but I can count myself plus a hell of a lot of others who support the club entirely, thats a lot more than the two or three you speak of.

You're obviously getting different mail to me but I would call a member of the coaching team a reliable source and word for word top four is the plan for next year. They've lost a shit load but have also recruited well.Now lets bring on 2015!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is true. At least 10 gone from the final last year including the captain.
i doubt whether monty will use this as an excuse. have a look at heidelberg, lost more than this and made it to the grand final.at least the bergs got 5 flags outa their champs .looking forward to next year.

Has Harris been playing since retiring from AFL? Originally retired due to persistent groin issues. I'd imagine at 33yo, they aren't going to improve.

Have you been living under a rock? Harris spent 3 years at Airport West winning a flag and a club best and fairest. Has recently left the club and will play at Pascoe Vale in 2015 for huge dollars along with Adam Contessa, Gavin Urqhart etc. The bloke can still play. Can assure you all the he won't be at the kennel
next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back