List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parish is a ball winner, averaged 7 clearances a game for Geelong Falcons

I do like Parish, but like Paul Roos said at last years draft theses kids have only played against each other it is a big step up to AFL, I think the last couple years we have targeted bigger body players and ones who they think can develop into the best players at AFL level. So saying that I'm now longer having an opinion on who we should draft and just welcome whoever we draft and support and get behind them and hope they help us become a successful team again. :thumbsu:

Just some basic stats comparing Wines, Brayshaw and Oliver from the TAC cup in their respective draft years. Cant find anything like clearances or contested Possies.

Wines: 14 kicks, 11.4 Handballs, 25.4 Disposals, 4.5 Marks, 7.5 Tackles, 1.2 Goals.

Brayshaw: 16.3 kicks, 7 Handballs, 23.3 Disposals, 5.3 Marks, 6 Tackles, 1.5 Goals.

Oliver: 10.1 Kicks, 14.1 Handballs, 24.1 Disposals, 4.5 Marks, 5.9 Tackles. 1.3 Goals

I'll Add Parish in too

Parish 13.8 Kicks, 14 Handballs, 27.8 Disposals, 3.5 Marks, 3.4 Tackles, 0.6 Goals

Last edited:
Also im really confused when people question whether we should get someone like Oliver because hes an inside player
Would Geelong take 2 Selwoods, Hawks 2 Hodges? Swans 2 Kennedys? Us 2 Brayshaws?

Of course

Also im really confused when people question whether we should get someone like Oliver because hes an inside player
Would Geelong take 2 Selwoods, Hawks 2 Hodges? Swans 2 Kennedys? Us 2 Brayshaws?

Of course
Oliver is none of those players though. At this stage he's no better a chance to make it than Parish is.

I would be happy with two mids as I don't think we are desperate for a second forward at the moment .. we have a few .. I think we need to look at a ruckman may be pick 49 or rookie draft .. we only have two (not sure if we can use White as a key ruckman if we had a couple of injuries).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know anything about Oliver until recently, but would be happy if we picked him at 4 considering the alternatives. Like the fact he has good speed and excellent agility in addition to height & power. Love inside mids that attack the contest who can then go forward and hit the scoreboard. Seems to have a heap of scope for improvement, and clearly winning the contested ball is still an issue that needs to be addressed in our midfield.

No idea who we go for at 7. Hope we avoid Curnow and Parish though.

Good to hear that we are into Kieran Lovell with our later picks (down the bottom of the article). Managed to watch a couple of games of Tas in the National champs and the kid dominated, had massive numbers. Only knock is that he is short at 174cm. Similarish to Viney in height and frame, he's quick and agile, not sure that he plays with the same aggression though. He's been a bit of a smokey for me since I watched the mid year champs but haven't really followed his form since...

Anyone seen this alex aurrichio guy play live..? Looks like a big unit that loves to smash blokes.. Cant see us going for him but hopefully someone who can afford to put some time into him give him a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back