2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant remember a song getting more airtime on Triple J than Powerful when it was released. It was around the same time as Chemical Brothers' Go come out, as they were played every 2nd song it seemed.

Gotta take a couple of hours to compile my list over the weekend.

DMAs and Violent Soho to dominate next year's countdown.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Always like to get these out of the way early. Votes are in order I guess.

View attachment 200018
Pretty good. I try to vote for songs that are only on the website already as it's not like the others will get a spot otherwise. I also try and choose only one song from one artist but that will be tough this year as I enjoyed a few Foals songs.

Pretty good. I try to vote for songs that are only on the website already as it's not like the others will get a spot otherwise. I also try and choose only one song from one artist but that will be tough this year as I enjoyed a few Foals songs.

Yeah, I had to add in three of my tracks (Blur, EvEv, Beach House). Other album cuts were present but not those. I know the chances of those songs getting in are remote, but it does seem more representative of my listening year. Interestingly fellows In Paris made the cut a few years ago at #98 despite not being on the vote list.

Voted:

Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight
Alison Wonderland - U Don't Know {ft. Wayne Coyne}
Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best
Golden Features - No One {ft. Thelma Plum}
Jamie xx - Loud Places {ft. Romy}
Jarryd James - Do You Remember
Miguel - Waves
Rufus - You Were Right
Tame Impala - Let It Happen
Tkay Maidza - M.O.B.

Assume the station uses these votes to see what people are liking for the future, so might as well vote for something even if its not on the list

Thinking:

Wolf Alice - Freazy
Jamie xx - Good Times
Jamie xx - Loud Places
Blur - Go Out
Drake - Hotline Bling
Grimes - Flesh Without Blood (or did Realiti get much of a spin? I'll go that otherwise)

Yeah, I had to add in three of my tracks (Blur, EvEv, Beach House). Other album cuts were present but not those. I know the chances of those songs getting in are remote, but it does seem more representative of my listening year. Interestingly fellows In Paris made the cut a few years ago at #98 despite not being on the vote list.
Yeh I used to do that but then I realised what's the point if they probably won't get in at all? So that's why I just vote from what's on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My votes are in

1. Louis the Child - "It's Strange"
(pipped "Trouble With Us" for my number one song of the year. Absolute tune, sweet, melodic and captivating. Lyrics hit the heart. "It's strange but i don't need space from you, and everything single thing you do, i like. Maybe i just knew i had to wait for you, draw a knife and carve a little space for you, it feels nice.")
2. Marcus Marr & Chet Faker - "Trouble With Us"
(Such a funky tune, gets you moving, chet faker doesnt fail)
3. Allday - "Coffin"
(Grungey, dirty and high tempo, Alldeezus's flow is sublime here and it gets the teeth gritted, banger track. I only vote for one song from each artist so it pipped Grammy here which is a bit slower and doesnt show off Allday's ability as much, allthough Grammy is also an absolute tune)
4. The Weeknd - "The Hills"
(Love the distorted sound, lyrics speaking straight truth, one to sing a long too)
5. Kid Wave - "Wanderlust"
(Upbeat, sweet song, that makes you move. One i really loved this year, although note - Snakehips remix is the one i ran through the speakers all year and it's a next level improvement)
6. Yuma X - "Swimming Pool"
(I really like a certain sound, soft yet piercing, and lingering, melodies that reverberate and lyrics that stay in your head, this song ticks all those boxes)
7. Drake - "Hotline Bling"
(Drake does it again, enjoyed it before the hype hit and still do now)
8. Snakehips - "I'm Gone"
(Throbbing beat, hauntingly beautiful vocals, this one hit repeat a few times)
9. Sam Smith (Flume Remix) - "Lay Me Down"
(Flume takes this track and blows it up, Sam Smiths vocals are amazing as always and this track felt a lot more like original flume than Some Minds)
10. Kendrick Lamar - "Alright"
(Just pipped King Kunta for my favourite song off the album, niqqa we gon be alright)

Ones that didnt make the cut
Oddisse - That's Love (remix was a lot better, couldnt get the original in on its own merit)
Major Lazer - Lean On (KREAM Remix) (Kreams remix takes this song to the next level, original lacks a bit in comparison)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Allday - Grammy
Asta - Dynamite (Ft Allday)
Disclosure - Magnets
Flume - Some Minds
ZHU x A-Trax x Kenzamdi - As Crazy As It Is
The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
Ta-ku - Love Again

Last edited:
My votes:
ae9eabaa59.png

Pretty interesting list. Think there's only two songs on there that might do well.
Yeah but I guess voting isn't really about backing the popular songs as much as voting for what you like.

Yeah but I guess voting isn't really about backing the popular songs as much as voting for what you like.
Oh yeah I know. It's about what you like. I just like seeing what everyone seems their favourite songs of the year. It's just interesting to see how different peoples opinions can be.

I reckon at least 6 of them will make it though
I only rekon Marcus Marr, Chvrches and Disclosure from there have a shot.

I think the top 10 will include off the top of my head:
Major lazor
Tame Impala
Drake
The weeknd
Kendrick Lamar
Grimes
Foals
Jamie xx
And the three previously mentioned

Major lazor
Tame Impala
Drake
The weeknd
Kendrick Lamar
Grimes
Foals
Jamie xx
Violent Soho will absolutely make the 100.

And I think Mercy will make it over Reapers, but I prefer Reapers.

Major lazor
Tame Impala
Drake
The weeknd
Kendrick Lamar
Grimes
Foals
Jamie xx
Marcus Marr, Chvrches, Disclosure, Alabama Shakes, Mini Mansions and San Sisco should all make it

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back