2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Early shots at number one?

Major Lazer - Lean On?

Will be interesting to see how Drake, Kendrick and The Weeknd go as they all have a much wider listening basis than just Triple J and could shoot up the rankings.

I mean Hotline Bling was a freaking phenomenom on social media, but unsure if people will vote for it. Has a very good chance to be number 1 though

http://fasterlouder.junkee.com/one-...l-almost-certainly-win-the-hottest-100/853242

This FasterLouder article lists the songs they think could finish #1:
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Drake - Hotline Bling
Peking Duk - Say My Name
The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
Tame Impala - Let It Happen
The Rubens - Hoops
Jarryd James - Do You Remember
Marcus Marr & Chet Faker - The Trouble With Us
Macklemore - Downtown
Major Lazer - Lean On

I agree the winner will most likely come from this group, but I don't think there is a clear favourite this year.

http://fasterlouder.junkee.com/one-...l-almost-certainly-win-the-hottest-100/853242

Drake - Hotline Bling
Peking Duk - Say My Name
The Rubens - Hoops
Macklemore - Downtown
Major Lazer - Lean On

I agree the winner will most likely come from this group, but I don't think there is a clear favourite this year.
Take out Downtown and Say My Name and I reckon it could be anyone of those

Drake - Hotline Bling
Peking Duk - Say My Name
The Rubens - Hoops
Macklemore - Downtown
Major Lazer - Lean On

You doing a count this year witness?

Harder than previous years, but only because I felt i had more standout 'pick me' picks in previous years.

Florence + The Machine - Delilah
A$AP Rocky - L$D
Best Coast - Feeling Okay
Jamie xx - I Know Theres Gunna Be
Passion Pit - Lifted Up (1989)
Eves The Behavior - TV
Japanese Wallpaper - Forces
Tame Impala - Less I know the Better
CHVCHES - Leave a Trace
Vallis Alps - Young

Delilah my #1, the rest in no order. Couldn't find room for Foals, The Rubens, Grimes or SAFIA. Happy with my list, and enjoying everyones lists so far, nice work guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone should start a social media campaign that encourages everyone to vote for Downtown, thus getting it disqualified and saving many listeners the misfortune of hearing it on Australia Day.

Thats how the rules work now, right JJJ?
I dont think it will poll as high as Thrift Shop did (well it cant get any higher). I think it will be outside the top 10. Many people loved thrift shop at the time, even the presenters had some votes for it, but Downtown universally sucks and I think everyone knows it this time.

But I fully endorse this campaign.

I dont think it will poll as high as Thrift Shop did (well it cant get any higher). I think it will be outside the top 10. Many people loved thrift shop at the time, even the presenters had some votes for it, but Downtown universally sucks and I think everyone knows it this time.

But I fully endorse this campaign.
Downtown won't get top 10, no way in heck, I doubt it will get higher than 40, it's just not popular enough and wasn't played all to much.

Bieber will either win this thing or will be DQed because he is too popular #bieber4hottest100

Usually despise most "Top 40" style music but I legitimately have What Do You Mean as one of my favourite ten songs of the year – I just didn't vote for it as it'll either be disqualified or nowhere near it anyway.

Best Like a Version for the year - One Day "Not Many"

Good vote. Loved it

Art vs Science's Enter Sandman cover for mine. The first (and probably the last) time I've voted for a Like A Version. I don't even particularly like Art vs Science or Enter Sandman, but the combination of the two is magic.

Your Hottest 100 votes:

Major Lazer - Lean On {Ft. MØ/DJ Snake}
Rubens, The - Hoops
Major Lazer - Powerful {Ft. Ellie Goulding/Tarrus Riley}
SAFIA - Embracing Me
Ratatat -Abrasive
Harts - Breakthrough
Chvrches - Clearest Blue
World's End Press - Tall Stories

Do You Remember or Hotling Bling will win.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back