2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Art vs Science's Enter Sandman cover for mine. The first (and probably the last) time I've voted for a Like A Version. I don't even particularly like Art vs Science or Enter Sandman, but the combination of the two is magic.

Same here, couldn't care less for either, but the whole thing was absolutely awesome!

Hottest%20100%202015.jpg

#f**ktheradio

Your Hottest 100 votes:

Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Jarryd James - Do You Remember
Major Lazer - Lean On {Ft. MØ/DJ Snake}
Rubens, The - Hoops
Major Lazer - Powerful {Ft. Ellie Goulding/Tarrus Riley}
SAFIA - Embracing Me
Ratatat -Abrasive
Harts - Breakthrough
Chvrches - Clearest Blue
World's End Press - Tall Stories

Do You Remember or Hotling Bling will win.

Abrasive is phenomenal, so happy to see someone else voting for it! Imo the second best song of the year after "like soda"

Man the Rubens are so bad, how do they even get a run on JJJ? Choruses on both Hoops and Hallelujah just repeat the same lines in a lazy and cringeworthy attempt to create a catchy hook. They might be able to get away with it if their melodies were half interesting, but no.

My Gun is another one of theirs with songwriting just as poor. They should be exclusively on Triple M if on radio at all.

Last edited:
Man the Rubens are so bad, how do they even get a run on JJJ? Choruses on both Hoops and Hallelujah just repeat the same lines in a lazy and cringeworthy attempt to create a catchy hook. They might be able to get away with it if their melodies were half interesting, but no.

My Gun is another one of theirs with songwriting just as poor. They should be exclusively on Triple M if on radio at all.
Thank god someone agrees, I find The Rubens so bland.

nooooooooooooooo thewitness you've gotta do one this year, don't ruin my Christmas :p
Don't worry, I've convinced myself to do it again, just on a smaller scale. It started setting it up yesterday. With people moving away from posting their votes in forums and even Facebook, towards now mainly Instagram and Twitter, makes things harder. And with other "warmest 100" and the like out there now, my counts aren't as relevant any more. I've actually started looking for other ways to help with the predicting.

Don't worry, I've convinced myself to do it again, just on a smaller scale. It started setting it up yesterday. With people moving away from posting their votes in forums and even Facebook, towards now mainly Instagram and Twitter, makes things harder. And with other "warmest 100" and the like out there now, my counts aren't as relevant any more. I've actually started looking for other ways to help with the predicting.

day made haha

I'll be giving it another crack too, will try and get a list up this week as a rough one, and then work on it heading into the final days of voting

yeah well they did it last year with Taylor Swift (thank god, jjj play some absolute trash but **** her music right off) and a few years back they didn't have "Viva La Vada" by Coldplay in the voting list when it was HUGE that year probably in fear it'd win

Why should Bieber get disqualified? Will JJJ just do their asspull "it's not indeh enuff 4 us"
It's more about the integrity of the list. Due to its success, it's sort of become the defining countdown for a lot of people. However, it is really just Triple J's Hottest 100. There are plenty of other countdowns on different radio stations and music media that will include Justin Bieber if they feel like he deserves to be in it. That doesn't mean he should be voted into the Hottest 100 by kids in America because he tweeted about it and a betting company try to market him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah well they did it last year with Taylor Swift (thank god, jjj play some absolute trash but **** her music right off) and a few years back they didn't have "Viva La Vada" by Coldplay in the voting list when it was HUGE that year probably in fear it'd win
Voting list is made almost exclusively from songs that were played on the station during the year. Viva La Vada wasn't played on the station so it wasn't on the voting list.

Last edited:
Voting list is made almost exclusively from songs that were played on the station during the year. Viva La Vada wasn't played on the station so it wasn't on the voting list.
Although, last year, Chandelier by Sia ain't played once by Triple J, yet it made the vote list and polled at 8th or 9th in 100, so it's a but iffy at best.

Although, last year, Chandelier by Sia ain't played once by Triple J, yet it made the vote list and polled at 8th or 9th in 100, so it's a but iffy at best.
True, but Sia has a long history with JJJ and they played several other tracks from her album. Maybe just a way of JJJ saying that they regret not giving that track air time.

Whereas Bieber or in last years case Taylor Swift have never had any song played on the station

True, but Sia has a long history with JJJ and they played several other tracks from her album. Maybe just a way of JJJ saying that they regret not giving that track air time.

Whereas Bieber or in last years case Taylor Swift have never had any song played on the station

In a roundabout way Bieber did actually get a spin on Triple J this year; his collab with Jack Ü (Skrillex & Diplo) was played back in April

And then to prove it wasn't a once-off, a remix of it in June

Not to say that I necessarily want to see him in the countdown but I don't think he should be excluded

I thought the issue with Taylor Swift last year was that it was seen to have "manipulated votes".

Fair enough, songs getting in because of viral twitter campaigns probably does ruin the integrity of the whole thing.

I've been noticing a bit lack of votes for Courtney Barnett, has anyone else noticed that too? I've seen a few, but not nearly as many I expected. I thought Pedestrian at best would be a shoe in for a top 10 position, but I'm not sure now.

I've been noticing a bit lack of votes for Courtney Barnett, has anyone else noticed that too? I've seen a few, but not nearly as many I expected. I thought Pedestrian at best would be a shoe in for a top 10 position, but I'm not sure now.
I've only just started doing my count for this year, around 2000 votes so far, I've got Pedestrian at #12. She has an even range of songs that are probably splitting the vote. She has 5 songs in my top 130 so far. The album poll results suggest that she is popular with voters. So the popularity might just be hidden in people posting their votes online.

Still going through all my listening from the year again to whittle it all down to just 10. There are a couple of locks, but the standout track for the year is "Coming Home" by Leon Bridges. If you listen to the song and don't want to immediately slow-dance with your lover and move to the bedroom, you should probably check your pulse, because you might already be dead.

I've only just started doing my count for this year, around 2000 votes so far, I've got Pedestrian at #12. She has an even range of songs that are probably splitting the vote. She has 5 songs in my top 130 so far. The album poll results suggest that she is popular with voters. So the popularity might just be hidden in people posting their votes online.
Well that observation was only from a small amount if votes I've seen amongst friends votes and forums, so not really a clear picture, do this makes sense.

I figured she'd have a few songs taking votes of other songs, same with Tame Impala. Although in my (small) observations Let it happen seems to be extremely popular, far more than their others. It's shaping up to be an interesting countdown though!

Finally got my top 10 sorted. Like to only vote 1 song per artist, Foals could have had 3 in my top 10 this year, massive album.
First time I have voted a L.A.V in also.

1) Foals - What Went Down
2) Pond - Zond
3) Flume - Some Minds (Ft. Andrew Wyatt)
4) Ratatat - Cream on Chrome
5) Tame Impala - Let It Happen
6) Magic Bones - Danger I Am
7) Wolf Alice - Giant Peach
8) Mark Ronson - I Sat By The Ocean {Triple J Like A Version}
9) The Dead Weather - I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)
10) Silversun Pickups - Nightlife

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back