2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted for these buggers.

A$AP Rocky Everyday {Ft. Rod Stewart/Miguel/Mark Ronson}
Blur Go Out
Courtney Barnett An Illustration Of Loneliness (Sleepless In New York)
Darren Hanlon Trust Your Feelings (When You Wake)
Eagles Of Death Metal Complexity
Father John Misty I Love You, Honeybear
Joanna Newsom Sapokanikan
Kendrick Lamar The Blacker The Berry
Mountain Goats, The The Legend Of Chavo Guerrero
Sufjan Stevens Should Have Known Better

Only just over 2000 votes in my count so far, as I'm ignoring Instagram entirely (there are other people out there counting from Instagram).
I'm off on holidays for a while so I thought I would post an early update on how it's going.
Pos Song
1 Tame Impala - Let It Happen
2 Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
3 Drake - Hotline Bling
4 Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better
5 Major Lazer - Lean On {Ft. MØ/DJ Snake}
6 Disclosure - Magnets {Ft. Lorde}
7 Rubens, The - Hoops
8 Jarryd James - Do You Remember
9 Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight
10 Foals - Mountain At My Gates
11 Marcus Marr & Chet Faker - The Trouble With Us
12 Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best
13 Hermitude - The Buzz {Ft. Mataya/Young Tapz}
14 Meg Mac - Never Be
15 RUFUS - You Were Right
16 Jamie xx - Loud Places {Ft. Romy}
17 Chvrches - Leave A Trace
18 Duke Dumont - Ocean Drive
19 Vallis Alps - Young
20 Violent Soho - Like Soda
21 Grimes - Flesh Without Blood
22 Weeknd, The - Can't Feel My Face
23 Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love
24 Tkay Maidza - M.O.B.
25 Courtney Barnett - Depreston
26 Foals - What Went Down
27 Gang Of Youths - Magnolia
28 Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimpin
29 Chvrches - Clearest Blue
30 Vance Joy - Fire And The Flood
31 Weeknd, The - The Hills
32 BOO SEEKA - Deception Bay
33 Bring Me The Horizon - Throne
34 Holy Holy - You Cannot Call For Love Like A Dog
35 Purity Ring - Begin Again
36 Kendrick Lamar - Alright
37 Alpine - Foolish
38 Amity Affliction, The - Shine On
39 Bring Me The Horizon - Happy Song
40 Cosmo's Midnight - Walk With Me {Ft. KUCKA}
41 Florence And The Machine - What Kind Of Man
42 Jamie xx - I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) {Ft. Young Thug/Popcaan}
43 Jarryd James - Give Me Something
44 Mosquito Coast - Call My Name
45 Ngaiire - Once
46 Rubens, The - Hallelujah
47 San Cisco - Too Much Time Together
48 Japanese Wallpaper - Forces {Ft. Airling}
49 Everything Everything - Distant Past
50 Halsey - Hold Me Down

Just checked $5 on The Less I Know The Better to win at 101-1 odds on CrownBet. Couldn't believe it's still paying that much.

Probably won't get up but will add a bit more fun to the day!

Just checked $5 on The Less I Know The Better to win at 101-1 odds on CrownBet. Couldn't believe it's still paying that much.

Probably won't get up but will add a bit more fun to the day!
Tame Impala have a habit of being over estimated in my online counts. If I had to tip a winner right now, I would be looking at Hotline Bling, Lean On or Magnets.

Voted for these buggers.

Blur Go Out
Courtney Barnett An Illustration Of Loneliness (Sleepless In New York)
Darren Hanlon Trust Your Feelings (When You Wake)
Eagles Of Death Metal Complexity
Father John Misty I Love You, Honeybear
Joanna Newsom Sapokanikan
Kendrick Lamar The Blacker The Berry
Mountain Goats, The The Legend Of Chavo Guerrero
Sufjan Stevens Should Have Known Better
Everday by ASAP, one of the smoothest/ crispest raps of the year. Ripper.

My Votes

Jamie xx
I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) {Ft. Young Thug/Popcaan}
RUFUS Innerbloom
Tame Impala The Less I Know The Better
Childish Gambino So Into You {triple j Like A Version}
Major Lazer Lean On {Ft. M¿/DJ Snake}
L D R U Keeping Score {Ft. Paige IV}
DJ Snake Middle {Ft. Bipolar Sunshine}
Jack Garratt Breathe Life
Marcus Marr & Chet Faker The Trouble With Us

My Votes

Jamie xx
I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) {Ft. Young Thug/Popcaan}
RUFUS Innerbloom
Tame Impala The Less I Know The Better
Childish Gambino So Into You {triple j Like A Version}
Major Lazer Lean On {Ft. M¿/DJ Snake}
L D R U Keeping Score {Ft. Paige IV}
DJ Snake Middle {Ft. Bipolar Sunshine}
Jack Garratt Breathe Life
Marcus Marr & Chet Faker The Trouble With Us

I think I've listened to more new music this year than any other year of my life and I only know 2 of your top 10 and only 1 of them enough to song along to. But I get the feeling that most of yours will get in to the top 100. I'm losing my edge ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been noticing a bit lack of votes for Courtney Barnett, has anyone else noticed that too? I've seen a few, but not nearly as many I expected. I thought Pedestrian at best would be a shoe in for a top 10 position, but I'm not sure now.
Not surprising her music is pedestrian at best. I'll get my coat.

My votes are in.

Violent Soho - Like Soda
Ratatat - Abrasive
Ratatat - Cream On Chrome
The Wombats - Be Your Shadow
Bad//Dreems - Hiding To Nothing
Mew - Satellites
The Chemical Bros - Go
Peking Duk - Say My Name
The Bennies - Party Machine
Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight

No love for Twilight driving by Methyl Ethel orLimousine by Beach Baby? Along with Ratatat's two hits they were probably my favourite four songs of the year.
Twilight driving was in my top dozen or so but just missed out in the end. Can't wait to see them at Laneway though

About five songs could make this my favourite number one in years.

The top ten should be great.

Jamie xx to get about three songs in but the highest will only be about #22 at most (unfortunately).

About five songs could make this my favourite number one in years.

The top ten should be great.

Jamie xx to get about three songs in but the highest will only be about #22 at most (unfortunately).

Absolutely agree. Shame I'll probably be working throughout the entire countdown but them's the breaks (at least it's better than fielding in the sun for six hours and getting paid nothing to do it)

A cursory glance at the Top 10 favourites on CrownBet and my thoughts on each:

• Major Lazer - Lean On: Warm favourite to win, female vocalist which is rare for a song tipped to be so high up, made the crossover early, decent track that still references plenty of the reggae and moombahton from Major Lazer's earlier records. Would keep the Diplo juggernaut rolling on.
  • Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta: The biggest jam off TPAB and laden with profanity which is always nice. Will attract none of the commercial crossover votes but will attract nearly all of the hip hop heads' votes. I actually think it's being overrated in the betting and will probably finish somewhere between 6 and 10
  • Tame Impala - Let It Happen: Not my favourite song of the year but probably the one I most want to see win. There's never been an 8-minute song win the Hottest 100 before. Has a very good chance given Currents won album of the year for JJJ listeners.
  • The Rubens - Hoops: Track is a bit repetitive for mine but they do have a very strong following, particularly in a lot of regional areas. Didn't realise this song was this big though, good luck to them I guess.
  • Jarryd James - Do You Remember: Well I barely do, this song is nearly 12 months old, typical acoustic guitar crooner. This track got overplayed to **** on commercial radio which could hinder its chances, that and the fact the song is just plain boring.
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown: God help us all if this even charts.
  • Drake - Hotline Bling: Oh yes! Absolute tune! Oldies / long-time "real music" appreciators will spit if this wins the countdown which makes it all the more better. 2015 was the year of Drake. What a way to top it off this would be. Top 3 for sure I reckon, given its ubiquitous nature.
  • Marcus Marr & Chet Faker - The Trouble With Us: This song was certainly released at the right time to make a play for the top spot. Funky vibes and being slammed on com radio gives it a good chance. I think if the artist titles were reversed it could have had an even better shot.
  • The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face: Super pop track and definitely the highlight of his otherwise meandering album. Deserves all the accolades, another crossover hit, should be right up there.
  • Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better: The biggest vote stealer from Currents and the main roadblock to Let It Happen winning (that and Eventually polling a few as well). I'll be honest it has no chance of winning but I stand to win over $500 if it does all from a cheeky $5 bet so I'll be barracking hard come Aus Day.

So my allegiances lie with Tame and Drake but the good thing is that the majority of the Top 10 I would be happy to hear as number one and it's probably been a while since that's been the case

Tame Impala - Let It Happen: Not my favourite song of the year but probably the one I most want to see win. There's never been an 8-minute song win the Hottest 100 before. Has a very good chance given Currents won album of the year for JJJ listeners.

Was going to come and say that Knights Of Cydonia won in 2006 but turns that was only 6 minutes, always thought it was 8 minutes something for some reason. It's my personal favourite for the year and it would be real cool to have such a long song win. Don't see too many bands release almost 8 minutes tracks as their first single off an album.

Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta: The biggest jam off TPAB and laden with profanity which is always nice. Will attract none of the commercial crossover votes but will attract nearly all of the hip hop heads' votes. I actually think it's being overrated in the betting and will probably finish somewhere between 6 and 10.

This song needs to win. To Pimp A Butterfly will be one of the greatest albums of this decade and 2015 will be remembered as the year of Kendrick. It would be so shit to look back and see King Kunta beaten out by Hotline Bling (Although I don't mind that song), or Lean On, two songs that will probably be forgotten about in a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back