List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt Kreuzer will leave, however, if he does it will because a club comes with an offer that will net us a "Band A" compensation. I doubt the club would then risk a top 3 pick that it will net us on a Robbie Tarrant or Garland (No disrespect to them, we just aren't at the stage of needing those types).

1. Trade Jones, White, Tutt and Warnock to anyone who will take them off our payroll. (Thomas?).
2. Retire Judd (NO!), Carrots:cry:
3. Delist Ellard, Giles, Watson.
4. Not sure on Whiley, Dick, Walker, Simmo, BB???

Best case is buy any of Dangerfield, Rance, Steven, Leuenberger to fix deficiencies. At worst it pushes up their price for opposition teams.
Talented players with a few good years to go. Then focus on draft to keep payroll low.
:rolleyes:
he like basically everyone on our list wanted to sign up and he signed for 5 years until 2020

who have been the Band 1 compensations so far?
Thomas 650,000 x 4 years
Goddard 675,000 x 4 years
Frawley 550,000 x 4 years
Buddy we all know

I dont think Kruezer would get anywhere near that money.

Best we could hope for would be
Band 2 - end of first round
Bank 3 - after 2nd pick (pretty much same as band 2 if we finish last)

Last edited:
who have been the Band 1 compensations so far?
Thomas 650,000 x 4 years
Goddard 675,000 x 4 years
Buddy we all know

I dont think Kruezer would get anywhere near that.

Best we could hope for would be
Band 2 - end of first round
Bank 3 - after 2nd pick (pretty much same as band 2 if we finish last)

Goddard and Frawley were also band 1 compensation

The only player we should be looking at is Dylan Shiel, throw them the compo pick we get for losing Kruez or the first round pick we get for Hendo plus benefits and he should be ours.

The only player we should be looking at is Dylan Shiel, throw them the compo pick we get for losing Kruez or the first round pick we get for Hendo plus benefits and he should be ours.

Yes please, Shiel .. :)

The cats are going to throw big $$$ around this year. They will lose a lot of there old stars and are chasing free agents Dangerfield and Selwood(west coast) also trading to get Henderson. But they need a ruckman and are looking at kreuzer, Bellchambers and Leuenberger. The cats have the check book out and are look to buy there next flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we finish last - let him walk to us via the psd. Sick of the afl screwing us over with their rules changes. Play by the rules to get an outcome the afl would hate.

A couple of posters suggested looking at FAs and got shot down. While we aren't challenging for a while and need kids, FA still has its place.

I've said before that if Krooz attracts a band 1-2 offer, we stay away from FA this year. But assuming he doesn't, FA could still have a role to play.

I don't necessarily support this, but here is the kind of thing you could do with FA.

Trade Hendo for pick 8-10
Trade Yazz for pick 10-12
Pick up Rance as FA
Pick up Suckling as FA (or similar)

Effectively swap Hendo for Rance (same age, Rance actually better credentialled. Could cost an extra $200k in salary)
Effectively swap Yazz for Suckling (Suckling 2 years older, not as line breaking, but offers plenty in setting up play from HBF)

I would argue that you are roughly getting the same kind of talent as you lose. You are trading in players of fairly similar age and you are maybe paying more $$$ for Rance/Suckling but not too drastically.

And while you are theoretically coming out square-ish, you gain two free picks ~10.

I wouldn't necessarily do the above as I love Hendo and Yazz and such a mercenary move might mess with the rest of the players, but you could conceivably 'recycle' middle aged players and come out with free draft picks.... As long as you are heartless and objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back