Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive had nothing in the mail from the club. Nothing. Its ok, i'll take a deep breath and sort it out. Too much love here to lose anything...........i just wish they would try and make me feel a bit more welcome. I'm going to be ok, i wont lose my seats come hell or high water. Would be nice though if they pursued my hard earned dollars :$
Can understand your frustrations, but getting through tonight or on December 18th won't make any difference so long as you get through before the deadline.

... she said she was on the phone on hold for over an hour too
I don't understand why people are doing this. You ring and if busy (which they always are at present) you get the chance to key in a return number and they ring you back. Not necessarily even that day but they do call you.

I don't understand why people are doing this. You ring and if busy (which they always are at present) you get the chance to key in a return number and they ring you back. Not necessarily even that day but they do call you.
Like I have said before, I did not get this option.

"Once the calls backs recorded reach a certain volume some people may find that they are unable to register for a call back. The club apologises for this and asks that people try again at another time or send an email to membership@pafc.com.au to request a call or request information via email."

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...hip-call-volume-high-as-3000-new-members-join
I know from experience. The excellent Matthew, Ben or one of the membership team will respond as soon as possible to any email.

It seems most have their credit cards on record at the club and will be renewed automatically whether they like it or not? I guess if you don' t want your seat they will reimburse you.

Would there be some cows supporters who bought a membership to get to the first showdown at AO who will suddenly find their membership renewed on 19122014? That sounds a little rude.

Would there be some cows supporters who bought a membership to get to the first showdown at AO who will suddenly find their membership renewed on 19122014? That sounds a little rude.

They'll be sent info about auto-renewal just like we were, and therefore have plenty of opportunity to opt out.

Accounts for the large volume of desperate phone calls. :)

Might as well start up an ongoing list of daily membership totals like last year - here we go :

NOTE : Some of these show a bigger jump than the others because a day may have been missed out.

21/11 - 1396
24/11 - 2583 (+1187)
25/11 - 3459 (+876)
27/11 - 5119 (+1660)
28/11 - 5777 (+658)
2/12 - 7024 (+1247)
3/12 - 7626 (+602)
4/12 - 8148 (+522)
5/12 - 8665 (+517)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive had nothing in the mail from the club. Nothing. Its ok, i'll take a deep breath and sort it out. Too much love here to lose anything...........i just wish they would try and make me feel a bit more welcome. I'm going to be ok, i wont lose my seats come hell or high water. Would be nice though if they pursued my hard earned dollars :$
FWIW I only just got my renewal letter in the post on Wednesday.

What a difference two years makes.

While I can sympathise with fellow bigfooty members struggling to get through to the club, it's a fantastic problem to have- like people who complain they pay so much tax due to earning so much money.

What a juggernaut we're becoming.

Is there a reason people aren't renewing online? It took me 2 minutes to renew my membership.

The renewal is a piece of piss. Some people do have valid questions and some people still don't trust computers. I know when I renewed it didn't look like I had in "my account" even though I had the e-mail receipt.

What a difference two years makes...

The club are continuing to compile stats on things like "year first became a member" and "how many consecutive years as member" - I suspect for some sort of Always Hawthorn-style individualised merch - but man, it's the ones who renewed from 2011 to 2012 that deserve all the credit.

A m8 bumped a photo of us after the Spoonperbowl at Adelaide Oval on Facespace and the repressed memories of just how genuinely hopeless (in the truest sense of the word) we were on and off the field came flooding back.

You wouldn't believe it happened now.

The club are continuing to compile stats on things like "year first became a member" and "how many consecutive years as member" - I suspect for some sort of Always Hawthorn-style individualised merch - but man, it's the ones who renewed from 2011 to 2012 that deserve all the credit.

A m8 bumped a photo of us after the Spoonperbowl at Adelaide Oval on Facespace and the repressed memories of just how genuinely hopeless (in the truest sense of the word) we were on and off the field came flooding back.

You wouldn't believe it happened now.
In 1997 it was possible to hold a season ticket and not be a member and I had a season ticket in 1997. Been a member since 1998, 18 years including 2015. I was platinum for a while, I think about 2001- 2008, then changed to silver. The club gave me an upgrade to platinum at no cost for the year when the tarps came in as I had to move seat, but I downgraded to silver the next year. Should have kept the platinum.

In 1997 it was possible to hold a season ticket and not be a member and I had a season ticket in 1997. Been a member since 1998, 18 years including 2015. I was platinum for a while, I think about 2001- 2008, then changed to silver. The club gave me an upgrade to platinum at no cost for the year when the tarps came in as I had to move seat, but I downgraded to silver the next year. Should have kept the platinum.

Yeah, I upped to Platinum from Gold in 2009 or 2010. Mostly to provide extra financial support to the club, but you always want the grand final guarantee because you never know what can happen.

Win, lose or draw I'll hold this tier of membership until the day I shuffle off to wherever it is we go - a little suburb called Wormfood Downs in this writer's opinion - but its in times like this I'm especially happy to have it.

Looking forward to finding out the membership numbers on the 18th of December when all the Auto Renewals are added..

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back