2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my members pack today.

wixQUgN.jpg

Looks pretty impressive to me!

Yes. I didn't pick which members pack I wanted, and I didn't see a hat in any of the options, so i'm not sure what it's all about.
Thanks. I chose the scarf but I'm pretty sure the hat wasn't one of the options. Maybe the club is giving the red, yellow and blue hats by bay - similar to what they did a few years ago at AAMI. Scarf looks good.

Thanks. I chose the scarf but I'm pretty sure the hat wasn't one of the options. Maybe the club is giving the red, yellow and blue hats by bay - similar to what they did a few years ago at AAMI. Scarf looks good.
I'm assuming from what I was given mine was the "scarf and shopping bag" option. Would be cool if they did the hats bay by bay.

Some closer pics (Sorry about the large size)

Bf5z5NQ.jpg

gKkg4Qs.jpg

I highly doubt they'd send out 45000 hats to members, particularly Silver Members who get pretty much nothing but entry into all home games and a bumper sticker. Also, it won't work in the western stand and hill with unreserved seating/standing room.

What do Silver Members get? Essential members get virtually nothing. A lanyard and some stickers and a badge, if I remember rightly.

Silver members get the same - pretty much nothing.

Last season the entire Silver members pack fitted into a DLX envelope, which IMO is a disgraceful way to treat loyal members.

At least it's not as bad as the mid 2000's - on top of getting nothing from the club, it was cheaper to buy 11 daily tickets than a Silver membership to parts of AAMI Stadium.

I'm assuming from what I was given mine was the "scarf and shopping bag" option. Would be cool if they did the hats bay by bay.

Some closer pics (Sorry about the large size)

Bf5z5NQ.jpg

gKkg4Qs.jpg
I like your carpet

I highly doubt they'd send out 45000 hats to members, particularly Silver Members who get pretty much nothing but entry into all home games and a bumper sticker. Also, it won't work in the western stand and hill with unreserved seating/standing room.
Western stand isn't on tv

Would only need to be eastern stand to be effective.

Yes, I'm in the eastern stand. Free hat please. My yellow A hat from 1993 is looking a little tired.

I'm only a Silver Member and I got to choose from the options. I chose the coffee mug, after seeing the scarf, I wish I had chosen the scarf now.

It would be great if they did the red, blue and gold caps like they did (l think it was 1994). It would just need to be done for the Riverbank and Eastern stand and the seats in front of the hill.

As the Western stand is not shown on TV much so they would not need to be involved.

It looked brilliant back in the nineties, it would look even better now at Adelaide Oval.

I'm only a Silver Member and I got to choose from the options. I chose the coffee mug, after seeing the scarf, I wish I had chosen the scarf now.

That's odd as I'm Essential Crows (which is the same as Silver) and I go no choice.

Might have to give the Membership department a blast of my own if they're picking and choosing who is and who isn't getting merchandise as part of their membership and I end up with nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think silver is supposed to get the gift option, have they before? I think its usually just the usual stickers/magnets/pin etc. I think this is pretty standard across the league.

From 19thman.com.au/memberschoice "*Eligible members are Gold, Legends Club, Bronze (Adult), Interstate (Adult and Concession) and Boundary Line. All items are subject to availability."

The hats a good inclusion, its not mentioned anywhere so wouldn't be surprised if thats a tshirt on seats type bonus. My memory of that first showdown is that Port gave them to people who would be on camera, so not the Western side or upper decks.

It would be great if they did the red, blue and gold caps like they did (l think it was 1994). It would just need to be done for the Riverbank and Eastern stand and the seats in front of the hill.

As the Western stand is not shown on TV much so they would not need to be involved.

It looked brilliant back in the nineties, it would look even better now at Adelaide Oval.

where did you see that option? I'm a 11 game silver and I auto renew but I haven't seen anything like that in my mail

When I logged on and paid my renewal, it came up when I went to pay. Its a bit strange as silver members haven't got anything for years.

I'll wait and see what I get in my package

I don't think silver is supposed to get the gift option, have they before? I think its usually just the usual stickers/magnets/pin etc. I think this is pretty standard across the league.

About half of the clubs do offer some form of merchandise as part of their basic season ticket package:

Adelaide: Nothing
Brisbane Lions: Nothing
Carlton: Cap or scarf
Collingwood: Nothing
Essendon: Scarf (men), pashmina (women)
Fremantle: optional cap and scarf (extra $20)
Geelong: Nothing
Gold Coast: Nothing
GWS: Cap
Hawthorn: Scarf (showing years of membership)
Melbourne: Scarf
North Melbourne: Scarf
Port: Nothing
Richmond: Nothing
St Kilda: Cap or scarf or St Kilda encyclopedia
Sydney: Cap
West Coast: Nothing
Western Bulldogs: Name on wall of honour at Whitten Oval and cap

The hats a good inclusion, its not mentioned anywhere so wouldn't be surprised if thats a tshirt on seats type bonus. My memory of that first showdown is that Port gave them to people who would be on camera, so not the Western side or upper decks.
They offered it to the areas where their members had access to.
So the general admission areas (where Crows fans would buy tickets) didn't get the shirts, neither did the westernstand.

HOWEVER, they did have people with boxes at the edge of the hill to hand them out to those who wanted them, so I'd assume it was the same with the western stand.

Just reading the letter that's sent with it it says

"Please find enclosed your 2015 members kit plus a special gift to say that's for your support over the past 25 seasons."

So whether everyone gets the hat or there's a range of things they're giving out as the "special gift" I'm not sure.

I

Your awful memory is correct. That was a bloody painful day seeing those hipsters winning that game. Yes there was T shirts provided and IIRC it was as you said. Definitely not upper decks. I actually wanted to grab a t shirt and use it as a serviette while I ate my hot dog and chips. Technically it isnt stealing if I left the t shirt at the ground after the game.:p

Your awful memory is correct. That was a bloody painful day seeing those hipsters winning that game. Yes there was T shirts provided and IIRC it was as you said. Definitely not upper decks. I actually wanted to grab a t shirt and use it as a serviette while I ate my hot dog and chips. Technically it isnt stealing if I left the t shirt at the ground after the game.:p

I was in the upperdecks and there were t-shirts there. I got there pretty early and I remember all of the swampies running around stealing heaps of t-shirts.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back