2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the request was reasonable and I think it was a fairly cheeky ask. No drama, you don't ask you don't get. But to claim they were unfairly treated? C'mon get real

How about the fact the club has failed to contact them twice after they said they would once they referred their case to a 'manager'?

Even if it was still a 'sorry, can't help you', it would just be common decency to call them to notify them of the decision.

Well no, of course not. What sort of reward do you want?

No one is forcing them to give up the ticket.

Allow them to give up for a year due to maternity for a long serving member seems like something that oculd be looked at. Not rejected out of hand. I guess you think we are all just numbers though.

and how is it fair to give someone on a waiting list a membership for the year and then take it away from them?
I doubt it will be an issue, because there is a turnover of members... Just would need to sit in a different seat.

I don't think it is an unreasonable consideration for loyal 10+ year members & should help in maximising crowds.

and how is it fair to give someone on a waiting list a membership for the year and then take it away from them?

I doubt it will be an issue, because there is a turnover of members... Just would need to sit in a different seat.

I don't think it is an unreasonable consideration for loyal 10+ year members & should help in maximising crowds.

Be a non issue for Essential Crows members (which she is). At worst, there's simply 1 less guest pass they can sell.

Keep it and sell the tickets to friends for one year.

Couldn't the AFC make money out of this?

Charge a holding fee plus sell the ticket?
Pretty simple I would have thought.

Quick email to how many thousand on the wait list? Hey - anyone want 2 tickets for 2015, just 1 season but you don't lose your place on the list.

I'm tipping someone would take it up - rather than, you know - not going at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick email to how many thousand on the wait list? Hey - anyone want 2 tickets for 2015, just 1 season but you don't lose your place on the list.

I'm tipping someone would take it up - rather than, you know - not going at all.
& it maximises attendances where can't onsell the tickets.

Because maternity is a pretty rubbish reason.
Gather you have never worked in a customer service area.

Regardless of whether deferring because if maternity leave, interstate or overseas, what is the big deal for the club charging a holding fee as per spacklers' suggestion, particularly for long term members?

That person would logically be next in the queue so would be almost guaranteed to be getting seats next year anyway. Doesn't seem a big deal, but if thems are the rules.

Gather you have never worked in a customer service area.

Regardless of whether deferring because if maternity leave, interstate or overseas, what is the big deal for the club charging a holding fee as per spacklers' suggestion, particularly for long term members?

I'd say my hard line against taking the piss suggests I've got a lot more customer service experience than the Pollyanna types ;)

I'd say my hard line against taking the piss suggests I've got a lot more customer service experience than the Pollyanna types ;)
You wouldn't last long if you were working for me as always looking after customer is important.

Each to their own, but society would be worse off if everyone took your approach,

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back