Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not struggling financial sorry let me correct myself not struggling financial but not major club in net revenue

An end of year profit and loss margin is not the measure of a club

Winning flags is.

On that front in the modern era of the game (post 1990 AFL) North is more successful than your factional club, and whats more it is probably closer to number 3 than you are to number 2.

I await your 16 16 response.

Last edited:

The trouble with playing more games interstate, is that it will alienate a lot of members, due to the whole Gold Coast attempt (and the fact that it isn't really that great of a look, it could be argued). I think 3 games in Tassie should be the maximum they look at (might be a bit biased as a Taswegian, but I think 3 is reasonable, given the blatant increase in $$$$), if Ballarat ever reeealy gets their shit together though stadium wise, I think that could make sense. As others have said though, Exposure is everything, which means FTA TV (although, that may well change next media rights deal - AFL live streaming could be in the box seat) would be the way to go. Personally though, I just want to play the duckers at Etihad, and let them know what a real hostile crowd feels like. I like our double ups against Geelong and Hawthorn (generally good games recent times!) but would prefer a different team to Bulldogs and Brisbane (Bulldogs isn't too bad though, but if we're going to be playing good Friday against them, just the one would be the way to go) perhaps Richmond and Carlton, but that may be too many Melbourne teams and not enough interstate *shrug* . I like this years fixture mostly. Would have been nice if there was a bigger gap between the Brisbane rematch though, that was just bizarre.

EDIT: Thanks for posting on the board BTW, while the question/options could have been a little refined, It's a fairly good discussion to have! :)

Finishing in the top 6 will see a harder draw. We most likely will have 3 return games v either Cats, Hawks, Freo, Swans and Port. I double up v the middle 6 and 1 v bottom 6.

So what would you like to see when the draw is released?

I think we may get more prime time games - Gil mentioned how exciting we are to watch.

I think we will get double up v Cats because of the Scott factor and we kicked them out of the finals, Hawks because of the Lake V Petrie rivalry and Freo as we always play in WA and now will give as 2 games.

Middle of the road team - I hope for Essendon as they will have half a side but would be ok with the Tigers or Pies.

Bottom team - hoping Melbourne as they are our bunny. GWS or Saints would be fine.

4-5 Sunday twilight games of course...

GpmZzRa.gif

Finishing in the top 6 will see a harder draw. We most likely will have 3 return games v either Cats, Hawks, Freo, Swans and Port. I double up v the middle 6 and 1 v bottom 6.

I think we may get more prime time games - Gil mentioned how exciting we are to watch.

I think we will get double up v Cats because of the Scott factor and we kicked them out of the finals, Hawks because of the Lake V Petrie rivalry and Freo as we always play in WA and now will give as 2 games.

Middle of the road team - I hope for Essendon as they will have half a side but would be ok with the Tigers or Pies.

Bottom team - hoping Melbourne as they are our bunny. GWS or Saints would be fine.

Gil said that, bloke has a hidden agenda.
Would love Swans, WCE in Melbourne, oh and Gold Coast - I reckon we'll get in Tassie.

Cats, Freo and Hawks all have the potential to be easier games next year IMHO. Port will be hungry as shit and Sydney won't struggle until Franklin retires due to "hamstring tightness" or they have to actually start paying their players the same as every other team in the comp, whichever comes first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how the weekend went but our game against Geelong was the highest rating game of the year.
Our game against Essendon was 2nd highest.
Neutrals love watching us. The AFL knows that.
The first 2 weeks of finals our games provided excitement galore.

I think a North vs Port Friday night game at Etihad is pretty much a lock. Genuine blockbuster. Youd laugh if you said that 2 years ago.

And only 1 trip to Perth.

Thats the biggest 1 for me. Its the hardest trip in footy, it hurts for a couple of weeks.

Over the last 5-6 years it seems as though we do that trip more-so than anybody else.

would love a friday night against the tigers and against the bombers.

hopefully we can avoid a trip to the cattery.

Sydney here in Melbourne would be nice - only had that 4 times since 1998 (for a win, a draw, a 1 point loss and another bad loss). West Coast here would be good too. Six of the last 7 have been in Perth with the other in Hobart. We've only played them 3 times at Docklands since it opened in 2000 (Narrow losses in 2005 and 2007 and a win in 2010)

Last edited:
Is that new system still on the cards with everyone playing each other once, then split into three groups of six for the last five rounds depending on ladder position?

I would think not. What would that achieve? I would like to go back to playing everyone once before playing the 5 repeat games. Just so there's a point where the ladder is a good guide of where everyone is at. This year played Brisbane twice within 6 weeks before we'd played Hawthorn, St.Kilda, Carlton or GWS at all. And we didn't get to GWS until Round 20.

I really hope it's not. That has to be one of the dumbest ideas the AFL has had.
Really? I like it. It is the only way to assure an even draw in a 18 team league with 23 rounds. Anything else makes it unfair one way or the other.

I dream of 2 leagues of 10, playing each team in your league twice with promotion and relegation. But I love English soccer a little too much.

Really? I like it. It is the only way to assure an even draw in a 18 team league with 23 rounds. Anything else makes it unfair one way or the other.

I dream of 2 leagues of 10, playing each team in your league twice with promotion and relegation. But I love English soccer a little too much.
After 17 rounds the top 6 play each other, middle 6 and bottom 6 do the same. This will have to be decided several weeks out from round 17 to cater for stadium availability, travel, etc. Let's say the last 5 rounds get decided after round 12.

Scenario 1 - Team A are struggling at 3-9 after round 12 and are in 16th position. They then win the next 5 to get to 8-9 and now get to play the bottom 4-5 teams in the last few rounds.

Scenario 2 - Team B is in 6th place after 12 rounds with the same win/loss as 7th, 8th and 9th. They now have to play the top 5 teams in the last 5 rounds and face an uphill battle just to make the 8.

This whole suggested system is just as flawed as the current system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

Back