Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys got the day off work tomorrow and just wondering if training is on tomorrow? Would love to see the boys

When everything preseason already has the hashtag I don't see why there would be a problem with off topic posts here anyway.

In the event people use them it's generally only for actual reports and not discussion concerning the reports and other training related tidbits/thoughts which is mainly what this thread should consist of.

A mixed pre-season. I'm very impressed with how sharp & hard the squad look but a few less injured would have been nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All said and done this has been a high quality pre-season.
The injury list is offset by the quality and fitness of the players who are in line for selection particularly with the number who ran PB's.
I get the impression Ross is extremely satisfied with our preparation for Rd1.

All said and done this has been a high quality pre-season.
The injury list is offset by the quality and fitness of the players who are in line for selection particularly with the number who ran PB's.
I get the impression Ross is extremely satisfied with our preparation for Rd1.

Ross is proud of his win record for Rd1 - We won't lose against Port. It's the games after I worry about :p

This is probably the wrong thread but I figure those most knowledgable on the current young crop of players coming through preside here.

I'm really intrigued by all the hype surrounding Alex Pearce to be truthful, and was wondering if anyone was able to enlighten me?

I really haven't seen much of the kid (only caught a couple of Peel games live last year) but there's a huge rap on him from those here on BF and even more so from RTB.

Is there some vision online of him tearing it up? Again, I didn't follow the Peel stats too closely last year but don't recall hearing he was destroying opponents on a regular basis...

I look forward to hearing some thoughts

This is probably the wrong thread but I figure those most knowledgable on the current young crop of players coming through preside here.

I'm really intrigued by all the hype surrounding Alex Pearce to be truthful, and was wondering if anyone was able to enlighten me?

I really haven't seen much of the kid (only caught a couple of Peel games live last year) but there's a huge rap on him from those here on BF and even more so from RTB.

Is there some vision online of him tearing it up? Again, I didn't follow the Peel stats too closely last year but don't recall hearing he was destroying opponents on a regular basis...

I look forward to hearing some thoughts

Look up his highlights vid of him being recruited.

I have seen him play for Peel he is quick and has a big tank plus reads the ball well. He grew a heap prior to draft and needs to develop some bulk but as he fills out he should be a solid kpb.

Look up his highlights vid of him being recruited.

I have seen him play for Peel he is quick and has a big tank plus reads the ball well. He grew a heap prior to draft and needs to develop some bulk but as he fills out he should be a solid kpb.
Thanks jedi mind tricks

Yep saw that vid, was playing more as a forward though. I agree his instincts look good and I'm aware that he has now shot up to 199-200cm so impressive size for a smooth mover.

But I still haven't seen the evidence to suggest that he should be ahead of Tanner Smith, yet to all and sundry it appears A.Pearce is miles ahead. I realise they are different types but does the leaning towards Pearce purely derive from the fact that due to list restraints we had to shaft Tanner to the rookie list and as a result we are unable to factor him in? (unless Creepy is rubbed out)

Just wondering what that's based on, whether it's purely some pizzazz on the track and moments in games or whether there is a body of work behind the boy.

Thanks jedi mind tricks

Yep saw that vid, was playing more as a forward though. I agree his instincts look good and I'm aware that he has now shot up to 199-200cm so impressive size for a smooth mover.

But I still haven't seen the evidence to suggest that he should be ahead of Tanner Smith, yet to all and sundry it appears A.Pearce is miles ahead. I realise they are different types but does the leaning towards Pearce purely derive from the fact that due to list restraints we had to shaft Tanner to the rookie list and as a result we are unable to factor him in? (unless Creepy is rubbed out)

Just wondering what that's based on, whether it's purely some pizzazz on the track and moments in games or whether there is a body of work behind the boy.

I think the rumour is that Tanner was not as professional as he could have been whilst recovering from his injury last year. I believe that may be why he was dropped to the rookie list and may have fallen down the pecking order in a few peoples eyes whilst being injured. But, the story goes that Tanner has improved his attitude and judging by his work in the pre-season, he is looking the goods.

Alex looks like a real talent too. His real advantage is that he is on the main list. AS you said, quite a smooth mover and looked very reliable for Peel last year. Personally, I don't think we can judge which is the stronger player until we see them in Purple.

I think the rumour is that Tanner was not as professional as he could have been whilst recovering from his injury last year. I believe that may be why he was dropped to the rookie list and may have fallen down the pecking order in a few peoples eyes whilst being injured. But, the story goes that Tanner has improved his attitude and judging by his work in the pre-season, he is looking the goods.

Alex looks like a real talent too. His real advantage is that he is on the main list. AS you said, quite a smooth mover and looked very reliable for Peel last year. Personally, I don't think we can judge which is the stronger player until we see them in Purple.
110% agreed on all fronts, exactly my thoughts.

I'm excited by the prospect of Pearce coming in and making an immediate impact but with my limited knowledge of him I guess some of the talk around him seems to be more hope than genuine substantiated hype.

I've only seen a few of his games but in those he showed very good promise. He ticks most of the boxes however his disposal by foot was substandard in the games that I saw.

Thanks jedi mind tricks

i think pearce has a few more weapons than smith (speed and a better user of the footy), saying that ive been impressed by what ive seen of smith in the pre season games this year so it looks like we have 2 good young key backs to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks jedi mind tricks

I agree with what you say as how people use Smith as a comparison.

Like a few on here he imo he needs to work on his disposal as does Smith. I was basing this on last season but Smith has taken some goid steps forward from all accounts in rehab and pre season form. He looks physically stronger and more ready than Pearce.

I just think Pearce is more of the natural footballer.

I agree with what you say as how people use Smith as a comparison.

Like a few on here he imo he needs to work on his disposal as does Smith. I was basing this on last season but Smith has taken some goid steps forward from all accounts in rehab and pre season form. He looks physically stronger and more ready than Pearce.

I just think Pearce is more of the natural footballer.

I think it's more that they're slightly different sorts of players. Smith more of a pure stopper who might be better suited to your really powerful Pavlich/Cloke Types. Pearce more attacking and athletic and better suited to N Reiwoldt/Franklin types. As Gav said above.

Alex also has elite endurance. An attribute we all know Ross loves. IIRC he set the record at draft camp for the beep test for a KPP... think he got around 15.7

I got down to training this morning and it was a low key season . 19 players out on the field training and forward work with goal kicking from 35 to 40 metres out as the club web site reported .
Phil and a couple of the old hands had a chat with a few players and I stirred up RTB by saying it was about time he came of the balcony to take a training session to which he replied "I was wondering why Freo was putting money into my bank account so I came down to check out the place ". We all had a big laugh and he went on to the ground smiling .

We may have another injury worry as Son Son started training but left the field to see the doctor . He came back on the ground but left almost straight away .
By the way he was walking it looked like possible groin , hip or upper thigh complaint .I hope I'm wrong but all of the watchers near the Gym were quite glum when he went off the second time .
The rookies were walking laps when I left .
Not much more to report from me maybe other watchers will have an update on Sonny .

I got down to training this morning and it was a low key season . 19 players out on the field training and forward work with goal kicking from 35 to 40 metres out as the club web site reported .
Phil and a couple of the old hands had a chat with a few players and I stirred up RTB by saying it was about time he came of the balcony to take a training session to which he replied "I was wondering why Freo was putting money into my bank account so I came down to check out the place ". We all had a big laugh and he went on to the ground smiling .

We may have another injury worry as Son Son started training but left the field to see the doctor . He came back on the ground but left almost straight away .
By the way he was walking it looked like possible groin , hip or upper thigh complaint .I hope I'm wrong but all of the watchers near the Gym were quite glum when he went off the second time .
Not much more to report from me maybe other watchers will have an update on Sonny .

Thanks Coulda

I really don't think this is going to be our year with injuries :(

Sorry Coulda, can't bring myself to like that post. Any sighting of Tabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back