2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't beleive someone tipped against woodsmen. Sure half their players won't play on Saturdays. But isn't that Thommo guy playing ? Isn't he a gun ? Pretty sure he played a good game once.

Can't beleive someone tipped against woodsmen. Sure half their players won't play on Saturdays. But isn't that Thommo guy playing ? Isn't he a gun ? Pretty sure he played a good game once.

Surely a Saturday game for them means that Thommo instantly becomes the coach/umpire/runner/water carrier/trainer. Might be hard for him to get a game carrying that load ???

I'm not surprised at all that they would tip Jimboomba. Jimboomba at home, they would be red hot favourites !!

I'd imagine that given Yeronga have a bye in the QFA, they have stacked their 3rds..

which seems like a waste of time given who the opposition is
So wish there was a way of stopping that... shame that guys will miss a game while others drop down a level to play..

Perhaps a limit on how many higher div players can drop back.. max 5 maybe

Given its Round 2 it's almost impossible to police.

Most clubs are pretty good, Yeronga seem the only serial offender.

Other 3rds teams have done it on the odd occasion, but only due to lack of numbers - not just to drop blokes back.

They should make clubs segregate their 3rds, or nominate say 35-40 players from the 1's/2's playing group who are not allowed to play 3's.

Woodsmen seem to be essentially the Magpies 3rds, but because they have set themselves up as a standalone club, there is no cross contamination of players.

I sense a certain level of sarcasm there that is noted.

I know you're a teammate, but I'm not sure which one. Obviously one thats a worse footballer than me, which narrows the field significantly.

I'm umpiring this week, apologies in advance to my teammates and the Redbacks players - but someone has to do it.

How long are Ipswich going to last in this comp?
Ipswich i believe will play all year and wont forfeit 1 game they have been pumped the first 2 rounds but my sauces tell me that for a team that has been smashed the boys as re really positive and look forward to playing every week, the boys i understand are happy just to get a game of footy but on a serious note i believe their coach may get the sack this week as the eagles committee have a different attitude to the players and expected the team to perform better than they are so the eagles coach could be the first casualty for 2015

Ipswich i believe will play all year and wont forfeit 1 game they have been pumped the first 2 rounds but my sauces tell me that for a team that has been smashed the boys as re really positive and look forward to playing every week, the boys i understand are happy just to get a game of footy but on a serious note i believe their coach may get the sack this week as the eagles committee have a different attitude to the players and expected the team to perform better than they are so the eagles coach could be the first casualty for 2015

Wow what could the committee actually expect from a thirds team which is obviously struggling for numbers? It's a pretty good comp this year. Tough to get wins each week regardless of what team you play. And sacking the coach? Disappointing.

Now if the 2 IPS teams/clubs combined........? But that's not going to work is it? Too much logic.

Interesting squad for the Woodsmen this week v Jimboomba. Always a good game between these old rivals.

Yes sack the coach sounds like a good plan. That should turn it around. Bit of a downside what if the players like him. Will they stay and will they support the new coach. Its obvious that they will struggle this year but blaming a coach for this is crazy. When you start up at the last minute I wonder what they are expecting.

Smart move, must be the coach, not the switched on committee. Get on the Eagles next week to improve by 30 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is essentially a social footy comp. And mostly made up of groups of blokes who just love to have a kick. Losing every week isn't the best feeling. But it's their first year and if they build the right culture each year they will grow.

Look at yeronga. They use to get pumped by 100 points every game than 3 years later made a grand final.

I hope they keep a team all year and have a good time growing each week. The guys who love playing the game will stick around.

Hearing through the grapevine that there is quite the "Kulcha" out at Jimboomba. Money stolen from opposition players bags in the rooms. Sounds like that those that matter within Jimboomba's club are very disappointed about it, but regardless, they are still family of players that are involved in the club that have gone and done it. I'd highly suggest to all opposition teams who will play out there this year to take your bags out to the bench and sit them there with the coach.
Where do you get your info from so quick. That's really disappointing if this is the case. I hope the club sort this shit out. We always have a bag for players valuables and lock it in a car. I won't say which one as we have to play out there.

Not good form to come on here and talk about it boys, could happen anywhere.

I discussed it with the guys, they sorted it immediately and returned everything to the best of their ability. They were very angry about it and handled it with class.

Won't get a complaint from me. Rookie error from us, valuables bag is standard no matter where you go. We just forgot in the rush trying to get a team together.

Can't control little kids or locals who sneak in when the forty is on.

Not good form to come on here and talk about it boys, could happen anywhere.

I discussed it with the guys, they sorted it immediately and returned everything to the best of their ability. They were very angry about it and handled it with class.

Won't get a complaint from me. Rookie error from us, valuables bag is standard no matter where you go. We just forgot in the rush trying to get a team together.

Can't control little kids or locals who sneak in when the forty is on.

I would think that absolutely you can control little kids. That is one of the responsibilities you take on when you become a parent !!! Also another responsibility of being a parent is to instill values into that child. A HUGE one is to not be a thieving little grub. I think most here would agree !!

Poor form to come on here and warn others about it? Completely disagree. Id be more annoyed if others knew and didn't pass on the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor form to come on here and warn others about it? Completely disagree. Id be more annoyed if others knew and didn't pass on the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed but it could happen at any club. Unfortunately too many people have no respect for others and don't take responsibility for their children. Its not just at footy its everywhere. At least at footy we can make a difference in the way we do things. Its up to parents not to make excuses but to set the example. Kids only do what they learn from others.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back