2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Still a few days away but what's going to happen this weekend with the two top teams playing
Who's our tips for Sandgate and colly park
Could be similar to a grand final match later in the year

Still a few days away but what's going to happen this weekend with the two top teams playing
Big call mate considering collingwood park have played Ipswich and mayne. Yet to play a solid side. I don't think the ladder at this time of year is any indication of anything.

I think that's a fair question Pea Nut! Big call Shark bait.

Collingwood Park in my opinion will struggle to even make finals let alone the GF! Neither team have really played anyone tough as yet so I think a bit early to be calling grand final predictions. Sandgate to win!

I would of thought Zillmere Vs Woodsmen game would be a more competitive game than the Sandgate game but you just never know.

Someone's going to win and someone is going to lose. Woodsman, Kedron and jimboomba will have something to say about that I think...

I see the Woodsmen boys only just snuck over the line down at the Redback fortress. Doesn't appear they were missing too many of note apart from Baker and Green.

Mica, Dobson, McNaughton, Verma, McEvoy, Thomson all on the teamsheet. I note they even had the urban legend, Dean Nipperess playing.

I love it.
C-Park win 2 easy games and are already thinking GF and Finals footy.
Sandgate top 4 side, C-Park top 8 at best.

Last edited:
I think that's a fair question Pea Nut! Big call Shark bait.

Collingwood Park in my opinion will struggle to even make finals let alone the GF! Neither team have really played anyone tough as yet so I think a bit early to be calling grand final predictions. Sandgate to win!

I would of thought Zillmere Vs Woodsmen game would be a more competitive game than the Sandgate game but you just never know.
I guess it depends which clubs drop down their div 1 players to gain a win. Collingwood Park are a genuine club and don't pull on higher club players. It is what it is and whatever result they get it is done with an honest team

There has never been a Premier in this division that wasn't a standalone club.

So suggestions that teams drop players back to win is a bit of a myth wouldn't you say? Given the comp has been dominated by clubs that don't have teams in higher divisions to drop players back from....?

Aflq is slipping. Woodsmen were very short. Missing about 6 of our top end players. Even had to get a ring in from yeronga so we had a team. And 22nd player didn't arrive till after half time.

Big thanks to yeronga for dropping their big full forward. :) Made a huge difference filling in for us.

Was a great game though. Always tuff to play jimboomba at Jimboomba.

Oh and just to show how much I think they'll struggle... Pencilled in for a 6+ goal win when we play collingwood park
Could be similar to a grand final match later in the year[/QQUOTE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends which clubs drop down their div 1 players to gain a win. Collingwood Park are a genuine club and don't pull on higher club players. It is what it is and whatever result they get it is done with an honest team

My understanding is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Zillmere, Kedron & Jimboomba are all stand alone clubs and I think their honest teams will make finals ahead of C-Park. Even though the Woodsmen have the Western Magpies, they are still a stand alone team and don't ever have players drop down to play. I believe the players that fill in for the Woodsmen when they are short maybe past Western Magpies players but are not currently playing. Judging by last round, it looks like Yeronga are the only ones that drop their seniors & reserves players down when they have a bye.

Last edited:
So going from this feed I assume Collingwood will receive a flogging from Sandgate haha
Sorry guys just new to this
Curiosity who do you play for gb2015?

My understanding is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Zillmere, Kedron & Jimboomba are all stand alone clubs and I think their honest teams will make finals ahead of C-Park. Even though the Woodsmen have the Western Magpies, they are still a stand alone team and don't ever have players drop down to play. I believe the players that fill in for the Woodsmen when they are short maybe past Western Magpies players but are not currently playing. Judging by last round, it looks like Yeronga are the only ones that drop their seniors & reserves players down when they have a bye.

Yes, and speaking from the inside at Yeronga, it isn't about the thirds winning - it's purely about game time and preparation for the higher grade players... ie some senior guys who are short of fitness or form, or have had time off the track got a game in, rather than putting their feet up for the weekend.

It actually doesn't help the 3s (ie the Friday night team), given we would likely have won that game anyway, and would be better off getting our regular team to gel, given there are lots of new faces at the club. But the most important team at the club is (totally justifiably) the 1s, so what's good for them is what happens.

Very interesting to hear from QAFL fan that this comp has only ever been won by a standalone team. That makes perfect sense. It's tough to consistently lose your better players to higher grades. Plus just playing together week in, week out helps a team build better knowledge of each others' games.

I think Kedron will benefit from that this year. Having said that, it looks like Sandgate are going more than okay as a 3 team club..

Yes, and speaking from the inside at Yeronga, it isn't about the thirds winning - it's purely about game time and preparation for the higher grade players... ie some senior guys who are short of fitness or form, or have had time off the track got a game in, rather than putting their feet up for the weekend.

It actually doesn't help the 3s (ie the Friday night team), given we would likely have won that game anyway, and would be better off getting our regular team to gel, given there are lots of new faces at the club. But the most important team at the club is (totally justifiably) the 1s, so what's good for them is what happens.

Very interesting to hear from QAFL fan that this comp has only ever been won by a standalone team. That makes perfect sense. It's tough to consistently lose your better players to higher grades. Plus just playing together week in, week out helps a team build better knowledge of each others' games.

I think Kedron will benefit from that this year. Having said that, it looks like Sandgate are going more than okay as a 3 team club..

1 game into the season. Everyone is short on game time...

Oh and just to show how much I think they'll struggle... Pencilled in for a 6+ goal win when we play collingwood park
That's a big call gb. I watched the Collingwood Park vs mayne game as we play them both in a few weeks and I was surprised. Was scrappy at times but both teams showed good skills and endeavour. Was especially surprised with 2of colly parks mids. An islander guy and some big young kid made the centre there own. Pair of wrecking balls. I don't wanna run near either of them when we play.

That's a big call gb. I watched the Collingwood Park vs mayne game as we play them both in a few weeks and I was surprised. Was scrappy at times but both teams showed good skills and endeavour. Was especially surprised with 2of colly parks mids. An islander guy and some big young kid made the centre there own. Pair of wrecking balls. I don't wanna run near either of them when we play.
I saw the previous 2 Mayne games and have been surprised the score board hasn't been showing it but they have potential was really impressed with there asain gun forward hard to catch, bald midfielder and there defender no.5 showed great pressure transferred a lot of goals into points
Although last Friday night the Collingwood team they have a great midfield but 1 selfish player definitely stood out correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was no. 4

1 game into the season. Everyone is short on game time...
I cant imagine that an AFL team would drop a lot of its players back to VFL level when a bye comes up. Only those out of form would be dropped back and then it would probably be a few games they playing there. Really don't like the idea of the regular 3rds missing a game to allow a 1sts or 2nds level player to get more game time. But I new to all this Politics of Football. When I was younger there was no way you could get a good player to even play at a lower level , that was always a punishment for poor form.

I saw the previous 2 Mayne games and have been surprised the score board hasn't been showing it but they have potential was really impressed with there asain gun forward hard to catch, bald midfielder and there defender no.5 showed great pressure transferred a lot of goals into points
Although last Friday night the Collingwood team they have a great midfield but 1 selfish player definitely stood out correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was no. 4

was #4 wearing head gear?

Collingwood Park have had a handful of gun players over the years, and the headgear guy is a decent footballer. However, he is one of the most selfish players I've ever witnessed - must really annoy his teammates.

PS: Sandgate will beat them by minimum 5 goals.

I cant imagine that an AFL team would drop a lot of its players back to VFL level when a bye comes up. Only those out of form would be dropped back and then it would probably be a few games they playing there. Really don't like the idea of the regular 3rds missing a game to allow a 1sts or 2nds level player to get more game time. But I new to all this Politics of Football. When I was younger there was no way you could get a good player to even play at a lower level , that was always a punishment for poor form.

It's a shame when dedicated people miss out on plsying a game we never drop players down to win a div 4 game and that's the way it should be
But also good at the same time to see uq and eagles join together so everyone gets a game
Yes that's him Qafl fan with the head gear really talented but selfish at the same time

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back