2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly !!!! It would have been great !!!

Peanut you done even play do you?
I am a born and bred Queenslander and have to admit that I have not played footy in any other state so i maybe i might have a biased view on this. I know Peanut is a big advocate of playing in any condition it seems but to play in these conditions would be ridiculous. I don't mind playing in the rain (well actually I do because i am skinny as and just end up freezing my butt off) but that is different to playing in a swimming pool or a bog!
Plus we need to take a longer view. The fields are used for all our club teams including juniors, with most clubs not having a lot of money to set aside to look after them. So what is the point of totally destroying them over one weekend. Especially when there is a bye round already set aside for exactly this situation.
Plus as someone else stated earlier it is not like you get a heap of spectators out to a weekend like this. After all is it usually pretty ugly footy in these conditions. So not much good from a financial point there either.
But does not matter now as all games called off by QAFL. So enjoy your weekend off and we will get back into it next week.

OK let's put this aside, we all know the outcome this weekend. There'll be a chance to catch up later this year. Take your aggression by watching the fight on Sunday! ;)

While we wait for next week, let's change tack. What's the best wet weather game you've been involved in? I assume Pea nut must have a thousand

I can recall a junior game at Akuna Oval (playing for Kenmore) where one end of the oval was so far underwater that the ball would simply float when it was kicked down there. There was even a goal scored when with 36 players chasing a ball that landed in the goal square, simply bobbed along on top of the water and floated through for a goal!!

Ahhh the good old days. Stay dry everyone.

Peanut you done even play do you?
I am a born and bred Queenslander and have to admit that I have not played footy in any other state so i maybe i might have a biased view on this. I know Peanut is a big advocate of playing in any condition it seems but to play in these conditions would be ridiculous. I don't mind playing in the rain (well actually I do because i am skinny as and just end up freezing my butt off) but that is different to playing in a swimming pool or a bog!
Plus we need to take a longer view. The fields are used for all our club teams including juniors, with most clubs not having a lot of money to set aside to look after them. So what is the point of totally destroying them over one weekend. Especially when there is a bye round already set aside for exactly this situation.
Plus as someone else stated earlier it is not like you get a heap of spectators out to a weekend like this. After all is it usually pretty ugly footy in these conditions. So not much good from a financial point there either.
But does not matter now as all games called off by QAFL. So enjoy your weekend off and we will get back into it next week.

I would have been out there cheering them on though that's for sure. Will prob go to watch Southport v Redlands tomorrow. Should be an epic battle. Wet weather footy is the best type of footy. The closest thing you can get these days to an old school, hard game of footy. 1 on 1 all round the ground, keep the ball going forward and tackle hard.

As for the grounds getting damaged, that's just not true and is a bad excuse. The weather we have most of the time allows the ground to recover much, much quicker than down south. Once the sun comes out, and with the rain that has just occurred, the ground is back in great nick in no time. As someone else pointed out before, the ground damage claim dates back to the early-mid 2000's during the drought when every single ground was a rock hard dustbowl, and if it did rain, the ground became a mess if played on and due to water restrictions etc, was very hard to get back into shape. That is no longer the case.

OK let's put this aside, we all know the outcome this weekend. There'll be a chance to catch up later this year. Take your aggression by watching the fight on Sunday! ;)

While we wait for next week, let's change tack. What's the best wet weather game you've been involved in? I assume Pea nut must have a thousand

I can recall a junior game at Akuna Oval (playing for Kenmore) where one end of the oval was so far underwater that the ball would simply float when it was kicked down there. There was even a goal scored when with 36 players chasing a ball that landed in the goal square, simply bobbed along on top of the water and floated through for a goal!!

Ahhh the good old days. Stay dry everyone.

Haha I do have a few. Played in a junior rep carnival down south that lasted a week, and played in torrid conditions every day. Would have slid from about 15 metres out to touch a ball on the goal line to stop a goal. Also remember playing one Saturday morning and after 5 minutes it was brown v brown. Everyone was covered head to toe in mud. Good times !!

So you prefer games to be played and jeopardise the safety of players etc just to please you.. good on ya champ
How is playing in the rain jeopardising players safety ?? Bumps slide off, slide across the ground, etc etc. Compare that with playing in 40 degree heat, high humidity and rock hard grounds. Why aren't games ever called off when it is extremely hot ?? More risk of serious injury and possible death during those conditions compared to playing in the rain !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is playing in the rain jeopardising players safety ?? Bumps slide off, slide across the ground, etc etc. Compare that with playing in 40 degree heat, high humidity and rock hard grounds. Why aren't games ever called off when it is extremely hot ?? More risk of serious injury and possible death during those conditions compared to playing in the rain !!!
In this type of rain it is! Add lightning to that not a nice combination. No games get cancelled during mild rain these conditions are extreme!!!

In this type of rain it is! Add lightning to that not a nice combination. No games get cancelled during mild rain these conditions are extreme!!!

I do agree to an extent now, where I am it is absolutely belting down at the moment, and the park across the road is starting to flood. I just think that AFLQ are a bit hypocritical when they do not call games off when the weather is at the other end of the extreme !!

I do agree to an extent now, where I am it is absolutely belting down at the moment, and the park across the road is starting to flood. I just think that AFLQ are a bit hypocritical when they do not call games off when the weather is at the other end of the extreme !!
They should postpone in extreme heat, they a certain time frame to playout the season they do start the mid April where it is still can be hot and try to finish the season before it gets to hot in October. It's a tough one, this weather conditions and seasons such as summer winter etc are all out of whack these days

Given an international RL game has been called off, I think we can all relax and accept the right call was made.

We;ll unfurl the flag next week instead. Worlds longest wait!
I'm gettin withdrawals starting to tremble....:D

So you prefer games to be played and jeopardise the safety of players etc just to please you.. good on ya champ
Jeopardising the safety
Do you not realise this is a full contact sport
If you can't handle a little bit of rain go play soccer or netball
Just dumb to try and consider playing this evening - no one will watch, some probably can't even get to the games.
you don't really need to worry about a crowd at this level it's about the players and maybe a spectator or 2 don't really get much of a crowd were not in the big league

They should postpone in extreme heat, they a certain time frame to playout the season they do start the mid April where it is still can be hot and try to finish the season before it gets to hot in October. It's a tough one, this weather conditions and seasons such as summer winter etc are all out of whack these days
And games are cancelled due to hardness - just not very often. Can beat our chests as much as we like about being a winter game but there is water and then there is water. Actually dangerous just getting to games in a vehicle. Only idiots would suggest games should be played. BTW Vic NEVER get this sort of rain so not sure how anyone can compare??

Jeopardising the safety
Do you not realise this is a full contact sport
If you can't handle a little bit of rain go play soccer or netball

you don't really need to worry about a crowd at this level it's about the players and maybe a spectator or 2 don't really get much of a crowd were not in the big league
You sound like a pretty tough rig sharkbait! I'll be sure to steer clear of you when we vs eachother in the wet. Hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back