2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone see the Collingwood Park vs Ipswich eagles game?? Just wondering what the quality of football was like. If Collingwood Park score did them justice or if the Eagles just didn't show??

Did anyone see the Collingwood Park vs Ipswich eagles game?? Just wondering what the quality of football was like. If Collingwood Park score did them justice or if the Eagles just didn't show??

Its almost a joint venture between Ipswich and UQ - UQ sent 12 blokes over to help out for a hit out. Reports from our lads is that it was positive but hard to play with half a team you have only met for the first time.

Eagles 3rds should be an interesting outfit come uni holidays if they need 12 ring ins for Round 1.

Why enter a team?
why not i say a joint venture where 12 players from one club and 10 from another that have a good relationship is providing a game for the guys who would be just sitting on the side lines other wise and hoping someone gets injured so they are half a chance to get a game the following week, i reckon uq and the eagles deserve to be congratulated in working together

Eagles 3rds should be an interesting outfit come uni holidays if they need 12 ring ins for Round 1.

Why enter a team?

UQ have 20+ each week not getting a game. They are accounting for Uni holidays, injuries, work and study commitments by reducing the amount of teams they have - Hence 5 teams into 3 teams.
So far it has been a positive relationship and the UQ boys are enjoying just getting a run.

That's saying something. The kedron side I saw play Ferny in the trials were a class outfit. Jimboomba maybe just had a bad day? Anyone from Jimboomba on here? Be interesting to hear/read their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jimboomba footy side was beaten ,granted, by the better team on the day. Although a few key players missing, with half the masters filling the side as well 3 young blokes. There was also some experimenting going on with positions but overall not bad for what felt like a team chucked together. Promising stuff in the future should be a great year ahead with some quality games.

I've seen guys pick their top six for finals, but who will be bottom 6 or a top contender for the wooden spoon?!! Few big results but early days yet I suppose.

Collingwood park are such a mixed bag every year, capable of playing a decent competitive game but then the week after will get thumped by 100 points, last year sandgate smashed them early on in the year then last round cp almost ran over sandgate in the last quarter.

watched sandgate and kenmore last week. Kenmore wernt to bad I dont think the score reflected their effort, although sandgate were strong. Sandgates ff picked up where he left off last year with a casual bag of 8. Kenmores midfield looked to have the contested footy won sandgate looked a bit soft in the center, sandgates backline was great heaps of re bound and run with some big quick guys back there and they showed heaps of pace on the outside. Kenmore will keep improving, sandgates contested footy will hurt them against better teams I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch haven't Missued a training in a month.
Pretty sure no matter which team or club you play for, most coaches are always going to play their stars and there's always a few poor fellas who never miss training and still never get a game. You gotta feel for the fringe players never getting rewarded for their hard work.

so your saying she stole it?

Raz might not want to say so, but yes. Definitely the case.

Being one of the players who paid a significant chunk of my own cash to play last season, I am absolutely furious that she's gotten away with this. The fact is, that out of approximately 40 players on our list last season, I believe only two didn't pay their fees. The rest of the list did.

That money has disappeared, but AFLQ never saw a cent of it.

Now I was naturally pissed off that we were not going to play for points this year because of that, made more so by the fact that the people responsible for the reasons we were being punished were no longer at the club. But I had put far too much work and effort into this team to step back now, so whoever that tosser a few pages back who asked who would play for a club starting at -16 points or however much it was, mate, there were plenty of people who were keen to play. Unfortunately, not enough to satisfy the brass at the club, who made the decision that we were short. We had twenty registered, which was the number set as a target to persist with the team. At a committee meeting it was decided that we should aim for 25 by the end of the week, which looked to be possible to get to as several players had mates who were interested, but the coach made the call the night before the Thursday training session and we were left without a team.

I'm still at the club as an U10's coach, and I am very disappointed that I'm not able to play for my club this year. But the constant shitfights regarding the club's previous management are misplaced. Raz is no longer with the club, though he has done a great job of putting us back on the right track. And the management before him can go and get ****ed for what they've done to me and all the other players, both the seniors and juniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back