2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree QAFL.... what's with all the hypotheticals? You're not in the QAFL division, you're in QAFA (B). Once you get to the QAFL div then start making comparisons.

And I have to agree that this league needs to refine the number of clubs in it. 3 sides from the Ipswich area? Sorry but 2 at most with Col Park as a definite club. Then you'd get more competitive sides.

Let's hope it's refined for next season.

Sure makes for a fun discussion !!!

Based on all of your posts from last year and this year, I reckon you are contradicting yourself. You posted a lot about the Woodsmen last year, and early this year, and it sounds to me like they would do more than get near a QAFL ressies side. You made a lot of noise about a lot of their players, who obviously can play. Going back and reading last years thread, and this is what I found. Theoretically their "best 22" would include the likes of - Roscinski, McDonnell, Mikhalopolous, Dobson, Toohey, Green, Monaghan, Baker, McNaughton, McCewen, Hammil, Moore and a few other blokes who you didn't know their names.

You also said this "Try as they might to deny it, the Woodsmen are essentially the 3rds from the Magpies. Sure Dobson, Micka, Baker and Monaghan are all good enough for their senior side, and at least 10 of them would play in the Magpies reserves in a heartbeat - they obviously play Friday night for a reason."

So which is it ????

Look where the Western Magpies finished in 2014 QAFL, and look where they are now.

That might give you a hint.

In my view, they had 3 or 4 guys last year that may have given their seniors a shake. Now they have absolutely none, even the injured Baker and Dobson wouldn't get near the Magpies Seniors. The only possible would be Gerard Moore on ability and relative age, but I haven't seen him this year and he was in very average shape last year.

Very difficult comparing standards except to say that those below always rate themselves higher than they really are and the sides above tend to get undersold a bit more bc of the standard they have to play against so don't look as good.

This is the most sensible thing I have heard. Teams in this comp look great when they are swinging the ball around and linking up nicely. But if the losing team is the equivalent of witches hats (which some are), then what does kicking a score really mean?

I remember winning an U13s game by 300 points against what we can assume was a very poor team. Didn't start talking about how we would smash most of the U15s teams going around. :)

Agreed.

Instead of Ipswich Cats debacle and a 3rds Eagles side made up mainly of UQ blokes - surely strengthening Colly Park would be a better bet.

Even to the point where they could field a reserves and move into QAFA A
Yes a great plan. This should be looked at for any group of clubs trying to move up from the Div 4 to a higher level.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Instead of Ipswich Cats debacle and a 3rds Eagles side made up mainly of UQ blokes - surely strengthening Colly Park would be a better bet.

Even to the point where they could field a reserves and move into QAFA A

That makes sense, a lot of sense. Issue would be getting all involved to agree.
Boomba heck orf to the south div where they can continue their 1 team club play on Satdy and never aspire for anymore.
The switch can have the eagles with the cats to consolidate to CPark. Perhaps if a deal were ever to be struck they could be up in the QAFA within 2 seasons using UQ blokes for top ups.

Boomba heck orf to the south div where they can continue their 1 team club play on Satdy and never aspire for anymore.
The switch can have the eagles with the cats to consolidate to CPark. Perhaps if a deal were ever to be struck they could be up in the QAFA within 2 seasons using UQ blokes for top ups.
The Eagles surely will not field a thirds team again next year. They struggling for numbers and getting smash every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got Zillmere tonight. Drove past the ground on the way home from the Sandgate game last week - that ground looks in good shape. Lights on that ground are nearly the best I've seen in the comp. looking forward to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone going to pull out the long sleeve Guernsey tonight? You can wear footy shorts over tracksuit pants can't you?

We've got Zillmere tonight. Drove past the ground on the way home from the Sandgate game last week - that ground looks in good shape. Lights on that ground are nearly the best I've seen in the comp. looking forward to the game.

Good luck, you guys deserve a win, always play a good game and never put your heads down

Geez...a lot of people overating this comp a bit i think. Sure there's a few players that know what they are doing and were guns in their day but pace and fitness is not something this comp has. Play anyone in qafl reserves and most teams here would be out on their feet at half time.

Boomba heck orf to the south div where they can continue their 1 team club play on Satdy and never aspire for anymore

I like you I really do infact here is a open invite to stop hiding behind a picture and come on down to Jimboomba and help us turn the club into a two team club and your most inspiring comments about my club you could use on match day to the 28 guys who train each week especially the six guys who miss every game. You continue the great stuff as im sure a guy like you can motivate any team they despise so much to stick it up your ass with every win.
keep up the great work champ love your stuff

And I have to agree that this league needs to refine the number of clubs in it. 3 sides from the Ipswich area? Sorry but 2 at most with Col Park as a definite club. Then you'd get more competitive sides.

Let's hope it's refined for next season.

After comments like these I would have to agree after seeing collingwood park make a statement against the cats today!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back