2015 SC NAB Challenge Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Toxic

I think if North can have 2 of Tippett, Hansen and Tarrant fit for sustained periods of the year and holding down the defensive KP roles then SDM may be worth a look. A big if for the latter two though.

Ditto with Gibson if Lake and Frawley stay fit.

Gibson was impressive

Wright was the kangas defender who was noticeable today

Okay from a sc point of watching.

Kangas
macmillan..played deep defence and did not inspire any reason to pick him

Anyone with any questions feel free

Managed to score 71 in a poor game from 74% game time, not too bad really...

Managed to score 71 in a poor game from 74% game time, not too bad really...

It was the deep defence role that lost me.
almost played a back pocket type role.
cannot average 85 bssed on that role, especially with dal and Higgins to come into t he side.

cannot average 85 bssed on that role, especially with dal and Higgins to come into t he side.
I reckon Scott would want at least one of Dal Sluggo or Higgins forward of centre when they have the ball, so they can ping it deep into the F50 with accuracy.

Backline and rucks are doing me slowly this year. :mad:

I reckon Scott would want at least one of Dal Sluggo or Higgins forward of centre when they have the ball, so they can ping it deep into the F50 with accuracy.

Backline and rucks are doing me slowly this year. :mad:

Maybe..it was the kangas kicking out of def that was suspect today

And Majak will sadly never make a regular firsts player. Its not a natural game for him. He just doesn't run to the right spots

Agreed on the role he played. However i'm not sure if that will be his standard role. The biggest positives i've seen with him is his starting price and that he was put into the leadership group, which is always a good sign. I wouldn't be expecting an 85 average from him which could possibly be D5/6 keeper this year. I think a 75 average is much more realistic and then upgrade him once he's made 100-150k. With the lack of defensive rookies this year, he could be a decent pick if you have the intention to upgrade him.

Agreed on the role he played. However i'm not sure if that will be his standard role. The biggest positives i've seen with him is his starting price and that he was put into the leadership group, which is always a good sign. I wouldn't be expecting an 85 average from him which could possibly be D5/6 keeper this year. I think a 75 average is much more realistic and then upgrade him once he's made 100-150k. With the lack of defensive rookies this year, he could be a decent pick if you have the intention to upgrade him.

For him to make 150k it'll take 15+ rounds.

For him to make 150k it'll take 15+ rounds.
Hmmmm....backline stinks. Everyone has a theory that they're not really convinced on. Considering Macmillan as a cheap option has some merits with the leadership thing and JS if fit. "if fit" is one question and scoring output the other. One worth keeping an eye on certainly.

Closer to $100k.

As toxic says, 75 won't be enough for him to make $150k.

It really does depend on the scores he produces and in what order they come. 2 or 3 early 85 scores, could see him make that 100k by round 6 or 7. I'm not 100% on him by any means, but he is in my team as a replacement for Waters, who was a similar price.

It really does depend on the scores he produces and in what order they come. 2 or 3 early 85 scores, could see him make that 100k by round 6 or 7. I'm not 100% on him by any means, but he is in my team as a replacement for Waters, who was a similar price.
Sure.

But he won't make $150k averaging 75.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like people didn't see my original post of 100-150k :rolleyes:

Saw it but at 370k he doesn't provide too many upgrade options imo.
he did look fit tho

Where does Mcdonald higgins dal all fit into the picture tho?

How did wines score 97 today?
No goals
no tackles
6 kicks only
13 handballs
1 free against

Something doesn't add up

5 marks, 4 clearances (3 centre clearances) and 1 goal assist... I agree, something seems fishy there.

Saw it but at 370k he doesn't provide too many upgrade options imo.
he did look fit tho

Where does Mcdonald higgins dal all fit into the picture tho?

Macmillian is 270k... Have you guys been going on that he is 370k? Haha

5 marks, 4 clearances (3 centre clearances) and 1 goal assist... I agree, something seems fishy there.

Maybe its the still award 3300 points even tho games are shorter in duration

270k + 100k is your upgrade amount

With the lack of rookies down back, 100k profit is still 100k profit. At 370k he doesn't make a premium upgrade, but if a rookie shows up at round 6-10 on the bubble you could easily downgrade. Alternatively if you have 150k cash from other trades it could be an easy premium defender trade.

How did wines score 97 today?
No goals
no tackles
6 kicks only
13 handballs
1 free against

Something doesn't add up
Some of the pre season SC scores dont add up.
Sometimes you have to see how the players play eg Lewis and Swallow were good today.

With the lack of rookies down back, 100k profit is still 100k profit. At 370k he doesn't make a premium upgrade, but if a rookie shows up at round 6-10 on the bubble you could easily downgrade. Alternatively if you have 150k cash from other trades it could be an easy premium defender trade.

Possibly
but he wont be for me.

As i was fitting dal higgins and Mcdonald in to the kangas team today i was actually wondering if he was guaranteed best 22 status

Possibly
but he wont be for me.

As i was fitting dal higgins and Mcdonald in to the kangas team today i was actually wondering if he was guaranteed best 22 status

If he wasn't in the leadership group i would agree, but the club clearly has faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back