Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Ablett, Rockcliff, Pendles and Fyfe in my mids at the moment and the rest of my team is well balanced.

Have thought about downgrading Rockcliff and Fyfe to more value pick mid premos but then I'd probably be regretting that if it takes me nearly all year to bring Rockcliff and Fyfe in. LOL!

If you can afford the best of the best at the start then why not do it?

heck, I built my forward line all around Robbie Gray this year. I don't care how much he cost!

No way am I starting another season without 50 shades of Gray in my team. :D:thumbsu:

"Judd_Magic, Mr Gray will now see you in terms of dominating SC season 2015 with him in your forward line!" :p

I'd disagree, I think you're better off spending that money in another position where you'd get more value for your money. Just because you have 700K+ to spend, it doesn't mean you need to select Rockliff because he was the 2nd highest scorer last season. Especially if he drops his average 5-10points. Better off going an undervalued defender/ruck/forward. And then you'll still have cash to spend and upgrade a mid-pricer in another position.

So i take it you're either:
A. Not picking Gaz; or

B. Picking Gaz because you expect him to score more than the 135+ppg he's priced at?

Im curious..... as I said im mostly in furious agreement with you....however the blanket rule of every player must be undervalued or they aren't in your team will cost you points in the bank at the start of the year.

Sure you may make those points up (and more) later in the year when you spend your extra cash... but it's a maybe.

So i take it you're either:
A. Not picking Gaz; or

B. Picking Gaz because you expect him to score more than the 135+ppg he's priced at?

Im curious..... as I said im mostly in furious agreement with you....however the blanket rule of every player must be undervalued or they aren't in your team will cost you points in the bank at the start of the year.

Sure you may make those points up (and more) later in the year when you spend your extra cash... but it's a maybe.

I'm picking Gary Ablett because as my captain he'll score 270 weekly on average. There's no other player in the competition that even comes close to reproducing this sort of consistent high-scoring dominance. If I purely pick players on value, and think Fyfe is value, let's say Fyfe averages 125, he only gives me 250 points as captain. Starting without Gary Ablett isn't an option, he's a captain lock, and regardless if he drops 5 points or not, the fact he's a lock captain makes him invaluable.

And I dont think you're understanding the point. The value option isn't for the back end of the season when you've made a lot of money, it's for now. It's using your money most efficiently, from Round 1 all the way to Round 23. And it's not purely choosing undervalued players throughout the whole team.

If I think Luke Hodge and Nick Malceski will both finish top 6 defenders, but I think Nick Malceski will drop his average 5 points, and I think Luke Hodge will hold his value, or at worst, drop 2-3 points, then I'll pick Hodge now and get Malceski later. The money I save in picking Hodge over Malceski will allow me to upgrade in another position.

Rinse and repeat over all positions all over the ground, barring rookies.

IMO, the goal of your starting team should be...

- Get as many durable defenders and forwards who will finish top 6 in their position, rucks that will finish top 2, and as many midfielders who will finish top 8.

- If i have an option of a player who i believe will finish top X of their position, but I think is overpriced, i'll pick a player who is cheaper, who I believe will increase or hold their average and finish top X. So instead of getting a player who will finish first in their position, but will drop their average by 5 points, i'll pick a player who i believe will finish 2nd and will hold their average or increase it. I'll pick up that player who I think will finish 1st later on in the season after they've dropped in price due to a lower average.

The other thing i'll add is that there is better value in some positions than others. So you could very well have 2 premium rucks and 5 premiums midfielders if you believe there's more value in these 2 positions than in defense and up forward.

Do this all over the ground in all positions. This is the basis of my starting squad. Obviously, you cannot do this all over the ground as there isn't enough money, which leads to picking up some mid-pricers who may not finish top X of their position, but finish close enough to it, and you can trade to a premium once they've made a little cash if you so desire, or you hold onto them all season even if they're not top X, but are not far off it. And obviously you'll have some rookies starting on the ground too.

This is what I mean what I say pick value over players who are top scoring. Keeping in mind value when selecting a team doesn't mean you have a whole team full of rookies, and it doesn't mean you don't select the top scoring players. It means you do your research, evaluate risks and in the end pick players based on your assumptions of how they'll score this season.

Last edited:
I have Ablett, Rockcliff, Pendles and Fyfe in my mids at the moment and the rest of my team is well balanced.

Have thought about downgrading Rockcliff and Fyfe to more value pick mid premos but then I'd probably be regretting that if it takes me nearly all year to bring Rockcliff and Fyfe in. LOL!

If you can afford the best of the best at the start then why not do it?

heck, I built my forward line all around Robbie Gray this year. I don't care how much he cost!

No way am I starting another season without 50 shades of Gray in my team. :D:thumbsu:

"Judd_Magic, Mr Gray will now see you in terms of dominating SC season 2015 with him in your forward line!" :p

Don't fall into the trap of chasing last year's points.

Don't fall into the trap of chasing last year's points.

Hah!

Yeah I must admit I am in that mindset as I am still p1ssed off from not having Gray, Fyfe, Rockliff, etc in my team last year and regretted it every week.

They are the stars of the comp though and you'd want them all in your SC team sooner rather than later. ;)

Hah!

Yeah I must admit I am in that mindset as I am still p1ssed off from not having Gray, Fyfe, Rockliff, etc in my team last year and regretted it every week.

They are the stars of the comp though and you'd want them all in your SC team sooner rather than later. ;)
Mate Gray is a lock. No point even debating it. He is an outright gun and you would be foolish not to have him. He will have an even bigger year than last.

Mate Gray is a lock. No point even debating it. He is an outright gun and you would be foolish not to have him. He will have an even bigger year than last.
Feel sorry for the AFL, going to cost them a fortune making 40 odd Brownlow's for the whole Port list.

Feel sorry for the AFL, going to cost them a fortune making 40 odd Brownlow's for the whole Port list.
Just 2 mate, Boaky and Gray. Don't be ridiculous now...

However they can start prepping Chad's and Ollie's for 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Just 2 mate, Boaky and Gray. Don't be ridiculous now...
Jeez, was gonna put some dosh on a Wines/Gray/Boak/Ryder/Hartlett/Wingard/Cotchin tie.

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge man crush alone makes Gray a lock in my forward line.

I felt so dirty not having him last season when he was in and out of my pre season team more times than I change my underwear.
You've made three references now in your posts to regretting not having certain players last season and why you will pick them this season. Selecting players based on regretting not having them last season is not a good method to pick a team.

You've made three references now in your posts to regretting not having certain players last season and why you will pick them this season. Selecting players based on regretting not having them last season is not a good method to pick a team.

When its the guns of the comp I reckon its a good enough reason to pick them.

Was a major reason I went so average last season as I didn't have any of the guys I have mentioned in my team.

They will all dominate again this season so not making the same mistake twice and am starting with them. :)

On the bandwagon.

#grayisgod

Ad Hominem attacks and logical fallacy (as exhibited in the defenders thread) do not constitute an argument. Try again.
I do not think there is much of argument to make against the point you made. Gray is the biggest forward line lock and you will find 90% of the top teams will have him. If you have any sense of a footy brain you will already know this.

Ad Hominem attacks and logical fallacy (as exhibited in the defenders thread) do not constitute an argument. Try again.
If you don't think Gray will be in the top six FWDs this year, please tell use why.

KP FWDs tend to have the occasional bad game or two and their price can drop significantly over a couple of weeks, but FWD/MIDs not so much. Hence, I will be starting with Gray and looking to upgrade into different KP FWDs such as Franklin, when I can pick them up at a slightly point of their price cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back