Position 2024 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so tempted by Will Day. I absolutely love him, rate him so highly, I think he's Bont 2.0. If he had a full preseason I would have started him. The Hawks have a lot of winnable games, Crows (x2), Tigers (x2), North and Eagles. 3 matches at UTS and 5 matches at MCG.

I'm so tempted by Will Day. I absolutely love him, rate him so highly, I think he's Bont 2.0. If he had a full preseason I would have started him. The Hawks have a lot of winnable games, Crows (x2), Tigers (x2), North and Eagles. 3 matches at UTS and 5 matches at MCG.
If he had DPP, sure, but I can't see him coming close to the top 10 mids this year.

What’s the go with Rowell. Is he reverting to last years form or can he go back to 115+?

Trouble for Rowell is he really struggles to get 25+ touches which means he needs a massive amount of contested possessions to go 120+.

And he's dropped off slightly in that regard. He was on track to smash the CP record. Now Cripps has more then him for the year. Never sustainable that he kept getting 20 a week.

He was also kicking goals which he's previously not been great at. On the plus side his high tackle numbers give him a high floor.

Reckon he goes 110-115.

That new generation of mids that looked like taking over in the early rounds has somewhat plateaued with the exception of Serong.

Neale or Dunkley next week or get Dawson this week for me. Who would you go?
Dawson probably averages the most. Hawks and Tigers in his next 2. The most expensive but, plus has a bye to come.

If you like Dawson, may as well just get him now.

Rumour on the north board Toby McLean may be our second pick tonight
If so he would probably be more expensive in sc
He finished last year at 175k

Last edited:
Round 15 I'll get Rozee at 420-430k and have a finished team. Won't have the cream on current form but all bar JHF will have been at 600+k at some stage.

Will have 7 trades and 150+k so I can afford a judicious upgrade or two as the season drags on.

Talk of top ten in position isn't particularly relevant to me as player form waxes and wanes over a long season. Sick of limping in to finals with zero or one trade left and injuries can happen at any time.

Noticed someone will have 13 trades left after bringing in top shelf finishers with only two forwards to get. I'm jealous!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people doing with Oliver?

HOLD and hope he improves?

Or TRADE him out?
I held, and held, and held ......but you can't hold any longer ....even if it's Oliver to Rozee and make $40K

What are people doing with Oliver?

HOLD and hope he improves?

Or TRADE him out?
anchorman GIF

Bailed on Piggy Oliver a fortnight ago to Woah Errol. At the time it cost $62k, today would cost $165k.

I Feel Amazing India GIF by America's Next Top Model's Next Top Model

It’s good for your mental health to not be relying on Piggy this year.

That's why my mental health is down the toilet for, I went with Oliver instead. 😭

Remove this Banner Ad

Back