Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Ablett-less side and I hate it. Happy with my side and have a useless 200K in the bank that I cant do anything with. When I had Ablett i had around 100K in the bank which i was happy with.

That 200k is far from useless. You will need to spread your rookie dollars from Thursday nights first game through to Monday. Imagine some rookie gold is picked in the last two games of the round Freo/Port, Hawks/Cats. e.g. Anderson is left out and O'Rourke is named on the forward flank. That is a 60k upgrade. Probably not a great example but you get my drift?

Last edited:
Mumford too krk004

8221253.jpg

Between you and me GWS have Saints and Melbourne in first two rounds. Shaw and Mummy are locks..............damn I was supposed to PM this.

That 200k is far from useless. You will need to spread your rookie dollars from Thursday night through to Monday. Imagine some rookie gold is picked in the last two games of the round Freo/Port, Hawks/Cats. e.g. Anderson is left out and O'Rourke is named on the forward flank. That is a 60k upgrade. Probably not a great example but you get my drift?
Will players be locked out from trading after the first game or will their be a rolling lock out like last year with the ability to make 2 trades if needed?

But that is the point I am making. It's a bit disrespectful to assume people are choosing somebody without doing their own research. Just because you have concluded from your own research that someone is a bad/risky option doesn't make that opinion correct.

Also just because one of your ideas is unique doesn't make it a good idea - and just because people disagree with it doesn't mean they are wrong and 'blindly following the masses'. Instead of having this pig headed attitude I'd suggest doing deeper research and properly assessing your strategy because 6 premo defenders will not win you the money IMO.

This forum is just one tool in my pre-season arsenal of research.

Maybe they're just trying to be helpful?

I'm sure most are, but I think we are all a bit guilty of telling people what player to put in sometimes.
Between you and me GWS have Saints and Melbourne in first two rounds. Shaw and Mummy are locks..............damn I was supposed to PM this.

Yeah but at the same time you can't pick someone because they have an easy first two weeks. With the change to the draw the bottom four teams have pretty favourable draws across the season.

I'm sure most are, but I think we are all a bit guilty of telling people what player to put in sometimes.

Its more that they are ideas, for people to consider and then they can deem them worthy or not of acting on.

If posters are 'blindly' following what somebody else tells them, without putting in their own thought-making into the process, well that's the choice they make.

Will players be locked out from trading after the first game or will their be a rolling lock out like last year with the ability to make 2 trades if needed?

As far as I know any player you select in the 1st game (Blues v Tigers) are locked into your side when that game starts. I believe there will still be a rolling lockout through to the Cats v Hawks on the Monday? I am hoping to have 100k left at the start of round 1 to give me a bit more flexibility through the rolling lockouts/games. If say, Leuenberger or someone is a late withdrawal, 100k may give you enough flexibility to not have to re-structure what is left of your side. All that is needed is a simple ruck upgrade or down grade before the game. Having some spare cash allows for this.

Most teams name extended squads over these spread out games which makes picking your side early in the piece difficult.

Last edited:

Yeah but at the same time you can't pick someone because they have an easy first two weeks. With the change to the draw the bottom four teams have pretty favourable draws across the season.

Nah I just want to be in the top 10 once in my life.;)

That 200k is far from useless. You will need to spread your rookie dollars from Thursday nights first game through to Monday. Imagine some rookie gold is picked in the last two games of the round Freo/Port, Hawks/Cats. e.g. Anderson is left out and O'Rourke is named on the forward flank. That is a 60k upgrade. Probably not a great example but you get my drift?

Yeah absolutely, but i currently already have 2 200K+ midfielders in my side. I prefer to err on the side of picking rookies that are sub 150K due to better chance of cash generation, although the 2 I do have that are 200K+ are here to stay pending any injury or not getting named.

I just think 200K is an awful lot of money to have excess. I'd love to upgrade a mid-pricer but the only mid-pricer I have in my side is Swan, and I wont be getting rid of him

Yeah absolutely, but i currently already have 2 200K+ midfielders in my side. I prefer to err on the side of picking rookies that are sub 150K due to better chance of cash generation, although the 2 I do have that are 200K+ are here to stay pending any injury or not getting named.

I just think 200K is an awful lot of money to have excess. I'd love to upgrade a mid-pricer but the only mid-pricer I have in my side is Swan, and I wont be getting rid of him

I am hoping to have around $60-100k as a buffer over the lockouts/extended round 1. Agree $200k seems excessive but if you are happy with your team............. or you don't start with Ablett and he kills it round 2!:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you willing to reveal who the 6 premo's are that you have selected? Personally I can't even see 6 premo priced defenders that I'd be confident taking into the season.
Believe me... I don't either. I'll explain the method to my madness - I'm more confident taking 6 premiums in than I am someone like Pittard, KK, Geary, Savage, Mayes, Shepherd or any of the other mid-pricers. One or more of those guys could end up keepers, but I don't want to enter that lottery. If they don't up their average by atleast 10ish points then they're not scoring enough to keep. And I don't want to play a rookie in defense because tbh, it seems like there are none except for Nathan Brown who seem likely to play more than 10 games over the season. I want to reduce the amount of rookies I need to select in the backline. It was bad enough with defensive rookies last year, and we had some to select from the start. And I don't want to have to gamble with a 200K-250K defender, when I can choose a 200K-250K midfielder who will score much better and has job security.

My defense = Simpson, Smith, Shaw, Hibberd Birchall, Newnes.

I'm quite confident all of them will average 90+. I can't see Simpson increasing his value so I think he may be my worst pick there, but I'd rather him average 5 points less and lose out on some value for money and still finish top 6 defenders (he's quite durable too which compensates for a drop in average IMO) than a mid-pricer who could completely bomb.

If Hibberd is banned, I'll have a good look at Hurn, Johnson, Kelly, Taylor and honestly, just anyone else that's 440K+ and pick who I think will finish top 6 defenders and play as close to 22 games as possible.

Believe me... I don't either. I'll explain the method to my madness - I'm more confident taking 6 premiums in than I am someone like Pittard, KK, Geary, Savage, Mayes, Shepherd or any of the other mid-pricers. One or more of those guys could end up keepers, but I don't want to enter that lottery. If they don't up their average by atleast 10ish points then they're not scoring enough to keep. And I don't want to play a rookie in defense because tbh, it seems like there are none except for Nathan Brown who seem likely to play more than 10 games over the season. I want to reduce the amount of rookies I need to select in the backline. It was bad enough with defensive rookies last year, and we had some to select from the start. And I don't want to have to gamble with a 200K-250K defender, when I can choose a 200K-250K midfielder who will score much better and has job security.

My defense = Simpson, Smith, Shaw, Hibberd Birchall, Newnes.

I'm quite confident all of them will average 90+. I can't see Simpson increasing his value so I think he may be my worst pick there, but I'd rather him average 5 points less and lose out on some value for money and still finish top 6 defenders (he's quite durable too which compensates for a drop in average IMO) than a mid-pricer who could completely bomb.

If Hibberd is banned, I'll have a good look at Hurn, Johnson, Kelly, Taylor and honestly, just anyone else that's 440K+ and pick who I think will finish top 6 defenders and play as close to 22 games as possible.

OK, so what about someone comes from the clouds that you don't have, let's say Taylor Hunt averages 105 and is the #1 defender and two of your guys are hovering around the mid 80's. What do you do?

OK, so what about someone comes from the clouds that you don't have, let's say Taylor Hunt averages 105 and is the #1 defender and two of your guys are hovering around the mid 80's. What do you do?
If there is, I'll sideways trade one of the underperforming premos. But I'll be surprised if there's a defender who comes out of nowhere and averages more than 100 that I don't have (Malceski could do it again but I doubt it).

I can't really see a player coming out and averaging significantly more than any of the 6 I've chosen, but crazier things have happened.

Its more that they are ideas, for people to consider and then they can deem them worthy or not of acting on.

If posters are 'blindly' following what somebody else tells them, without putting in their own thought-making into the process, well that's the choice they make.

I'll follow that

Thanks krk

If there is, I'll sideways trade one of the underperforming premos. But I'll be surprised if there's a defender who comes out of nowhere and averages more than 100 that I don't have (Malceski could do it again but I doubt it).

I can't really see a player coming out and averaging significantly more than any of the 6 I've chosen, but crazier things have happened.

Is eski in your top 6 defenders?

What is everyones thoughts on jack stevens? 455k and was injured last season I think he has the potential to be a 10 mid especially if he gets the ablett rule of GC's first season: where teams won't tag him because they expect to beat st kilda anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back