Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyones thoughts on jack stevens? 455k and was injured last season I think he has the potential to be a 10 mid especially if he gets the ablett rule of GC's first season: where teams won't tag him because they expect to beat st kilda anyway

CANNOT be a top 10 mid.

CANNOT.

however has great cash earning potential from his low base

CANNOT be a top 10 mid.

CANNOT.

however has great cash earning potential from his low base

How much do you think he can make? Priced at 455k, he would need to average 105-110 to make 100k before the byes... If he can make that 100k by averaging 105-110, you might as well keep him as a bargain M8 for the season or at least upgrade him last.

How much do you think he can make? Priced at 455k, he would need to average 105-110 to make 100k before the byes... If he can make that 100k by averaging 105-110, you might as well keep him as a bargain M8 for the season or at least upgrade him last.

If he made it to 560k it'd be about what i expect

I'd assume he'll be there abouts, but i can't see him averaging over 100 in a worse team with a lot more attention paid to him.

Cool.
i can't see him not being top 4 def.
but i agree he's overpriced atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe me... I don't either. I'll explain the method to my madness - I'm more confident taking 6 premiums in than I am someone like Pittard, KK, Geary, Savage, Mayes, Shepherd or any of the other mid-pricers. One or more of those guys could end up keepers, but I don't want to enter that lottery. If they don't up their average by atleast 10ish points then they're not scoring enough to keep. And I don't want to play a rookie in defense because tbh, it seems like there are none except for Nathan Brown who seem likely to play more than 10 games over the season. I want to reduce the amount of rookies I need to select in the backline. It was bad enough with defensive rookies last year, and we had some to select from the start. And I don't want to have to gamble with a 200K-250K defender, when I can choose a 200K-250K midfielder who will score much better and has job security.

My defense = Simpson, Smith, Shaw, Hibberd Birchall, Newnes.

I'm quite confident all of them will average 90+. I can't see Simpson increasing his value so I think he may be my worst pick there, but I'd rather him average 5 points less and lose out on some value for money and still finish top 6 defenders (he's quite durable too which compensates for a drop in average IMO) than a mid-pricer who could completely bomb.

If Hibberd is banned, I'll have a good look at Hurn, Johnson, Kelly, Taylor and honestly, just anyone else that's 440K+ and pick who I think will finish top 6 defenders and play as close to 22 games as possible.
Have you gone weak in the mids or fwds to get the 6 premo backline? Or both?

Beams is a judas prick.

To be serious i think jpk is a contested football beast we still haven't seen the best of and will end up 125+ av
Beams is a jet, if he stays fit I could see him scoring about the same as JPK. I have both FWIW.
Plus Fyfe, I downgraded Ablett to Fyde cos everyone told me to.

Beams is a judas prick.

To be serious i think jpk is a contested football beast we still haven't seen the best of and will end up 125+ av

Beams has averaged 123 before & only just turned 25 years old. He's in his prime right now. Could easily go 125+ this year.

What is everyones thoughts on jack stevens? 455k and was injured last season I think he has the potential to be a 10 mid especially if he gets the ablett rule of GC's first season: where teams won't tag him because they expect to beat st kilda anyway

I was initially tossing up between him and Joey but for a little more you could go with someone like Mitchell, Swallow or even Crouch who in better sides should score more and won't have to worry bout a tag!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back