Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only issue is that they all share the Round 13 Bye. (Except Wright who is a waste of a spot imo, in both cost and potential to play)
It doesn't matter which position your R13 players are on, as long as you have 18 on the field. i.e. if you have no rucks but plenty on the other lines, it doesn't make any difference.

I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on choosing rucks that don't share a bye.

It doesn't matter which position your R13 players are on, as long as you have 18 on the field. i.e. if you have no rucks but plenty on the other lines, it doesn't make any difference.

I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on choosing rucks that don't share a bye.
That's true to a degree. But two 0s in the rucks, especially with a lot of people going in without ruck cover, means you can onpy afford two 0s on your other three lines. If your rucks don't share the same bye, it just gives you a bit more breathing room imo. Having said that I have goldy and NN at the moment and will probably go into the season with them regardless

lobbe giles read for me so far.
basing my team on theory that essendon guys will be gone for at least half the year.
think lobbe scores enough in areas that wont be effected by new rules. therefore wont drop as much.
wish i had the balls to pick hampson. think hes gonna hold value well.
If we do cop suspensions, It'll likely only be for a few weeks as it is backdated from 6 months since our last game, probably not half a year

Fair enough I guess. As long as the load is shared among all your premium players over the 3 week period, it probably doesn't matter.

I'm still torn between Mumford and Goldy for R1

If I had any confidence that Mumford would stay on the park I would pick him very quickly. You just know that he'll get injured or do something silly (like SJ) at some point in the year.

If I had any confidence that Mumford would stay on the park I would pick him very quickly. You just know that he'll get injured or do something silly (like SJ) at some point in the year.

Add Heath Shaw to that list as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, I've actually selected him in defence this year. Mind you I haven't had him in previous years so...
.... its your fault! :cool:

Still tossing up between Simpson, Malcheski and Shaw, or Ibbotsen, C Pearce and B Sheppard
Shaw only played 18 games last year, Injuries I think CBF looking it up. Sure to miss more this year. Simpson and Malcheski both played 22. Really keen on set and forget in defence, if they go down a bit, they will still be top 10 scorers IMO.

.... its your fault! :cool:

Still tossing up between Simpson, Malcheski and Shaw, or Ibbotsen, C Pearce and B Sheppard
Shaw only played 18 games last year, Injuries I think CBF looking it up. Sure to miss more this year. Simpson and Malcheski both played 22. Really keen on set and forget in defence, if they go down a bit, they will still be top 10 scorers IMO.

Malceski is a bit overpriced for my liking, Simpson is solid but can yo-yo a bit. I like Ibbo, Pearce still is a possibility to miss Rd 1, Shepphard could be good too I just rate Ibbo higher.

I'm still torn between Mumford and Goldy for R1
Goldy. First of all, he's cheaper. His HO efficiency is better, so the new ruck rule will effect him less. And his price/average doesn't really reflect his year last year as he was playing through injury with a second ruck during the first half of the year, which shouldn't happen this year

Last edited:
For some reason 6 months is the rumour going around at the moment. If any player bans are provided 6 months is a complete mockery, Saad got 18 months for having a drink with a banned substance in it.
While it wouldn't surprise me if they did only get 6 months, I get the feeling a little bit that speculating 6 months on the news gets people talking more than speculating they miss the whole year

For some reason 6 months is the rumour going around at the moment. If any player bans are provided 6 months is a complete mockery, Saad got 18 months for having a drink with a banned substance in it.

Yeah but the AFL didn't care whether or not Saad played.

Goldy. First of all, he's cheaper. His HO efficiency is better, so the new ruck rule will effect him less. And his price/average doesn't really reflect his year last year as he was playing through injury with a second ruck during the first half of the year, which shouldn't happen this year

Mummy managed 99 in a half of footy in the NAB cup. The guys only flaw is his body. He will dominate this year, but will just struggle to play as many games. Goldy has the durability.

Yeah but the AFL didn't care whether or not Saad played.
Correct. You really think the entire Essendon group would cop 18 months for the same thing? Hell no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back