List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

he will mature eventually, and when he does and is fully committed to his footy we would regret ever getting rid of him.

hope its just a media overreaction. or maybe just something to motivate him to stay.

1 player isn't bigger than the club. If we can eradicate and mold the tough culture the way it should be by the end of the season, then he stays. If any of them continue to carry on like they have, then trade them to the best deal we can get.

Cut the cancer out

It's probably nothing, but I noticed last night that Harley's mum liked a 'shouldn't have got rid of Bluey' comment on Facebook. Does that mean Bennell and Rocket aren't on good terms? I'm sounding like Andrew Hamilton... :p

For the good of your club, it's good that you're not the list manager. Scott Selwood is a spud. Bennell is an immense talent. Imagine if he had a great attitude. Could be one of the top 5 players in the comp.

It is good that he is not a list manager. Scooter is a free agent at the end of the year so just cash required, no players.

Unfortunately the beginning to the year is exactly what the club needed, too many have allowed the rock star culture to flourish and too few have voiced dissent.I do not buy into the personel argument for success it is a combination of a lot of factors but team first is the most important.Gary Ablett snr was the most talented player we have seen but no premierships gives weight to this argument, Buddy went from the Hawks to the Swans and arguably Hawthorn became a better side.So the foundation is built on all players buying in and the club rewarding and acknowledging this mentality, if people who have managed the club allowed the other thought processes to prevail they must be moved on as well.In the end a balanced list and good culture will bring you success not individual talent.

Just wandering about the trio getting banned from this weekend.
Theres been alot of talk about Rischa and the leadership group.. And coach!
But no1 has ever mentioned ABLETT?
rischa is just captain on game day isnt he?
How come Ablett hasnt come out and said a word?
Is Ablett even at the Club or back in Melbourne resting? :/

I would hate to see him go but he needs to decide if he is with us or against us

Not sure if there is anyone on the Eagles list we would want that would be likely to come, they wouldn't give up Pridus or Kennedy and I am not sure we would want anyone else

So Harley Bennell thinks he's a rockstar does he? Bring him to WCE and let us be the judge of that... Just joking West Coast culture has changed a lot so Bennell will have to pull his finger out for Nisbett and Vosso to commit to him. Simmo would probably give a nut for him though.h

But anyway Priddis - Bennell straight swap would be ideal. Priddis' professionalism would go along way at GC.
Masten, maybe Will Schofield could be on offer. We'll probably end up with pick 5-10. Andrew Gaffs name might be thrown around, Callum Sinclair also.

So Harley Bennell thinks he's a rockstar does he? Bring him to WCE and let us be the judge of that... Just joking West Coast culture has changed a lot so Bennell will have to pull his finger out for Nisbett and Vosso to commit to him. Simmo would probably give a nut for him though.h

But anyway Priddis - Bennell straight swap would be ideal. Priddis' professionalism would go along way at GC.
Masten, maybe Will Schofield could be on offer. We'll probably end up with pick 5-10. Andrew Gaffs name might be thrown around, Callum Sinclair also.
I know it would never happen but would Naitanui for Bennell + GC's 2015 first rounder be close to a fair trade?

I know it would never happen but would Naitanui for Bennell + GC's 2015 first rounder be close to a fair trade?

Thats a huge trade, I personally would walk away from that deal unless GC draft was going to land a freakishly good draft pick (im not sure about this years pool). It potentially is a fair trade but it does leave us with 2 average ruckman and NNs tap work and ground pressure is all that keeping us bobbing along.

The club wouldnt go for it either as Naitanui is just as valuable off field as he is on. If theres 1 player young kids in WA know and recognise its him and wears blue and gold.

We play you guys on the weekend so let us know what you think after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A poster in the trading sub-forum suggested Harley could be traded to Sydney for Tippett and a draft pick. Not a terrible suggestion, if you ask me. He is a Gold Coaster and the Suns have been extremely keen on him in the past. Sam Day doesn't seem to be working so maybe it's time to pull the pin, trade Day off for a mid and acquire Tippett by trading Bennell to Sydney. Kurt is 27 years old so age shouldn't really be a deterrent. Then you have a ruck-forward in his physical peak who can later be replaced by Peter Wright when the time comes. Sydney should be motivated to do a deal like this because Tippett hasn't really lived up to his salary and they really can't afford to keep him on their payroll unless they want to lose all their young players like Hannebery due to the COLA being removed in 2017.

Obviously Tippett will need to take a pay cut from his current 900k a year deal for this to be possible. If Gold Coast were really clever they could manufacture a similar deal to the one involving the Bulldogs and Ryan Griffen. Essentially, have the Swans pay 20% of Tippett's salary so the Gold Coast can get him on about $650k a year.

Last edited:
All this talk about Bennell.. is McKenzie in the same situation? He was awesome in your first few years, seems to have dropped off a bit.

He'd be worth nowhere near the value of Bennell, but could still fetch something good.

A poster in the trading sub-forum suggested Harley could be traded to Sydney for Tippett and a draft pick. Not a terrible suggestion, if you ask me. He is a Gold Coaster and the Suns have been extremely keen on him in the past. Sam Day doesn't seem to be working so maybe it's time to pull the pin, trade Day off for a mid and acquire Tippett by trading Bennell to Sydney. Kurt is 27 years old so age shouldn't really be a deterrent. Then you have a ruck-forward in his physical peak who can later be replaced by Peter Wright when the time comes. Sydney should be motivated to do a deal like this because Tippett hasn't really lived up to his salary and they really can't afford to keep him on their payroll unless they want to lose all their young players like Hannebery due to the COLA being removed in 2017.

Obviously Tippett will need to take a pay cut from his current 900k a year deal for this to be possible. If Gold Coast were really clever they could manufacture a similar deal to the one involving the Bulldogs and Ryan Griffen. Essentially, have the Swans pay 20% of Tippett's salary so the Gold Coast can get him on about $650k a year.
Its not a bad idea but only if we lose Dixon to free agaency at the end of the year, if not we then have Tippett, Dixon, 2MP, Sam Day all vying for the one position.

Plus he had his chance to come home and snubbed it.

Perhaps we could trade they back Malchesci and pay part of his wage :D

What do you guys think matera is worth in a trade ? Don't know why he wasn't in your 22 at the start of the year was he injured ? Would be nice to have 2 matera boys next year .

What do you guys think matera is worth in a trade ? Don't know why he wasn't in your 22 at the start of the year was he injured ? Would be nice to have 2 matera boys next year .

I think this is highly likely, Matrea has lived off his family name for a few years now and continues to break team rules, I expect him to be on the chopping block should the offer be right. "What is he worth" you ask, hard to say but I think our club would certainly be open to discussion

With Kade and Saad 2 of the most exciting young half backs..
Mckenzie would be some what nervous
People in the know on our board keep saying that Rocket is pretty keen to get Minson up there, would Minson and pick 25odd be a fair deal in your eyes?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back