List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty sure lemmens has been playing up forward a lot this year. saad has kind of taken his spot down back, and whilst we've been having all these injuries he's been forced to play. with a fully fit list he would maybe be next in line if one of our small defenders got injured, or a sub candidate.

i really like him as a player, definitely showed a lot last year. it's only his second year in the system, gotta try not to be too harsh on the kid at the moment, especially considering our season.

Can't be too hard on a 2nd year player with very little mature support around him, I am willing to persist with him until the end of his contract anyhow and assess then.

Sumner
Gorringe
Tape
Russell
Mckenzie
Matera
Broughton
J.Hall
A.Hall

That is my current list of players that should be shopped around/delisted for a multitude of reasons. Wouldn't mind A.Hall moved to the rookie list as he can rip it up at magoos level along with Raines.

Can't be too hard on a 2nd year player with very little mature support around him, I am willing to persist with him until the end of his contract anyhow and assess then.

Sumner
Gorringe
Tape
Russell
Mckenzie
Matera
Broughton
J.Hall
A.Hall

That is my current list of players that should be shopped around/delisted for a multitude of reasons. Wouldn't mind A.Hall moved to the rookie list as he can rip it up at magoos level along with Raines.

Because we have so many rookies pushing for a spot i can see a big clean out at the end of the year . Saad , Brooksby and maybe Glenn to be upgraded , theres 3 spots already , add the 3 draft players that takes it to 6 , then i can see us picking another FA /Trade , so that might be 8 that have to be wiped .

J.Hall - Gone
Sumner - Gone
Gorringe - Gone/Trade
Tape - Gone
Dixon - ?? / Trade
Smith - ?? / Trade
A.Hall - Gone/Trade
Broughton - Gone
Cameron- ??

Because we have so many rookies pushing for a spot i can see a big clean out at the end of the year . Saad , Brooksby and maybe Glenn to be upgraded , theres 3 spots already , add the 3 draft players that takes it to 6 , then i can see us picking another FA /Trade , so that might be 8 that have to be wiped .

J.Hall - Gone
Sumner - Gone
Gorringe - Gone/Trade
Tape - Gone

Dixon - ?? / Trade
Smith - ?? / Trade
A.Hall - Gone/Trade
Broughton - Gone
Cameron- ??

Agree with all the bold, Dixon and Smith are still up in the air and I think Hall and Cameron will be retained because

• Hall does break lines, he gets the football and can kick goals, he will be under no illusions from Rocket that his defensive running and diposal need to dramatically improve but I back him to do it (he was awesome in the NEAFL this week)
  • Cameron is the midsized defensive forward we need, all he needs is time and a little more beef.

Agree with all the bold, Dixon and Smith are still up in the air and I think Hall and Cameron will be retained because

• Hall does break lines, he gets the football and can kick goals, he will be under no illusions from Rocket that his defensive running and diposal need to dramatically improve but I back him to do it (he was awesome in the NEAFL this week)
  • Cameron is the midsized defensive forward we need, all he needs is time and a little more beef.

Yeah ive watched a lot of Hall in the magoos this year and in almost every game he stars , mainly plays midfield is a lot fitter than anyone there and really has bursts of 5-10 mins a game that he looks like Gary Ablett . Problem is when he gets to senior level its a much more contested game and that is his weakness and he is to slow to be a outside runner so they place him as a high half forward where nowadays he needs good defensive pressure which again is another weakness . He succeded under McKenna as a forward because Bluey did'nt demand the forward pressure Eade now does , the only way i think he'll make it in AFL is if he transforms himself into a different position that will suit AFL.

Yeah ive watched a lot of Hall in the magoos this year and in almost every game he stars , mainly plays midfield is a lot fitter than anyone there and really has bursts of 5-10 mins a game that he looks like Gary Ablett . Problem is when he gets to senior level its a much more contested game and that is his weakness and he is to slow to be a outside runner so they place him as a high half forward where nowadays he needs good defensive pressure which again is another weakness . He succeded under McKenna as a forward because Bluey did'nt demand the forward pressure Eade now does , the only way i think he'll make it in AFL is if he transforms himself into a different position that will suit AFL.

Small forward? couldn't be worse than Matera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea, i think the Saints will want to keep their first and second round picks so it would have to be a player/s or pick swap and players scenario

Give us Armitage and we will throw in our end of first round pick
Mate last year i would have jumped at, i was never a big fan of Armo he's won me over this year.
Its only taken 10 years for him to show something so we may as well keep him now

Jack sinclair or jack lonie for Mckenzie and a swap of later picks our favour
Unfortunately both boys are contracted and won't be going anywhere soon, i was thinking more along the lines of :
Nathan Wright a speedy backman with a huge tank, can't crack the team because of Geary, Webster and Savage. VFL numbers and form have been good.
Ahmed Saad if you need a small forward.
Sam Gilbert mature bodied Queenslander with finals plenty of finals experience, would be handy down back.
Darren Minchington small forward/mid, same as Wright being kept out of the team due to the form of Lonie, Sinclair and Schneider. VFL numbers and form have been very impressive.

Unfortunately both boys are contracted and won't be going anywhere soon, i was thinking more along the lines of :
Nathan Wright a speedy backman with a huge tank, can't crack the team because of Geary, Webster and Savage. VFL numbers and form have been good.
Ahmed Saad if you need a small forward.
Sam Gilbert mature bodied Queenslander with finals plenty of finals experience, would be handy down back.
Darren Minchington small forward/mid, same as Wright being kept out of the team due to the form of Lonie, Sinclair and Schneider. VFL numbers and form have been very impressive.

I like that Maverick Weller kid.

To be fair to The Suns committee I don't think they really wanted to lose Tom Hickey
He was our no.1 ruck when he left
No surprise to me as I alwyas rated him over Zac Smith who seemed to be the selectors fave earlly
As far as Mav is concerned, Bluey never ever ever played a lockdown run with
I still wake up screaming "someone get on him" with flashbacks to the Adelaide game and Scott Thompson
Mav was always trying to do too much too often when he was with us
His current role suits him nicely
Good to see him doing well as everyone I know around the Club rates him highly as a decent human being

Last edited:
Harley Bennell for Andrew Swallow straight swap would benefit both clubs.

Roos get the outside run and class and suns get leadership, contested ball winner and he can play at the club with his brother.

There are talks Dion Prestia could be looking at coming home at the end of the year due to whats going down off field. Melbourne a club he passionately supported as a kid could be his number 1 choice.

Would a 1st rounder and Jeremy Howe do the deal?

There are talks Dion Prestia could be looking at coming home at the end of the year due to whats going down off field. Melbourne a club he passionately supported as a kid could be his number 1 choice.

Would a 1st rounder and Jeremy Howe do the deal?
Where did you hear that he may want to come home?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back