D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
De La second U19 team playing Ormond at the Gunn but believe the venue will now be changed. De La Seniors, 2s, 3s and 19 Premier playing Collegians at the Trott.

Thanks Rooster. Thought I'd come across a DeLa v Monder encounter somewhere.

Disappointing for all concerned the Monders have had to move the games to Centenary Park, East Bentleigh. Don't think anyone thought the O.C.C would be in the South/East GF this year. Credit to them as they don't have the money a club like Caulfield has to throw around to recruit players.

Thanks Rooster. Thought I'd come across a DeLa v Monder encounter somewhere.

Disappointing for all concerned the Monders have had to move the games to Centenary Park, East Bentleigh. Don't think anyone thought the O.C.C would be in the South/East GF this year. Credit to them as they don't have the money a club like Caulfield has to throw around to recruit players.

Indeed. While the subbies is not what it used to be it is great effort for Ormond to make the GF. (Must be 40 years since they made one). With the demise of the perennial grand finalists the mighty Malvern Roosters we get a couple back including one of our sharpest midfielders, that is if they have stopped drowning their sorrows.

Ironic that one of our unders is playing at Centenary Park. Half our senior team came thorough St Peters juniors including last years B & F.

That exciting time of year! Round 1 tips:

Nobs/St Pats over Prahran/Ass by less than a kick

Yarra Valley over St Mary's by 60 (Yeo to kick 8)

Old Mentonians to have too much speed/youth for Bulleen Temp in what will be a long year for the Bullants: 38 points

The big bodied Ormond to win comfortably at home against Whitefriars

Old Geelong by 3 points against Kew

My tips
  • NOBS by 36 points
  • Yarra by 25 points- St Marys to struggle in D1
  • Mentone by 50 points- They will push the top 4 this year
  • Geelong by 60 points- Will be good
  • Ormond by 80+ points- They are premiership favourites and Whitefriars to finish bottom so very one sided

Ormond are away. Does anybody want to run the tipping for this section
1z31le1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOBS over Prahran by 10 points - most interesting game of round 1. Can Prahran take the next step they have been threatening to for a number of years? Or will NOBS's new recruits breathe life into an ageing team?

Yarra over St Marys by 30 points. No idea about these two teams.

OM over Bulleen by 40 points - OM are in the same bracket as Prahran. Bulleen may be in for a long year...

Kew over Old Geelong by 15 points - Old Geelong will continue to show promise and continue to disappoint in 2015. Hopefully the prove me wrong.

Ormond over a very young Whitefriars by 20 points - tough road trip first up for Ormond but they should get the points

Saw St. Mary's play Mazenod in a practice match, will be more than competitive in Div 1!

Pencil them in for 6-8 wins at home, play it well and they're a very good inside team so will beat any side on a small deck.

Saw St. Mary's play Mazenod in a practice match, will be more than competitive in Div 1!

Pencil them in for 6-8 wins at home, play it well and they're a very good inside team so will beat any side on a small deck.
Where do you gain confidence from a 210 point loss?

Round 1:
NOBS
YV
OM's
Og's
Ormond

Final Ladder:
Ormond
NOBS
Old Geelong
Old Mentone
Prahran Assumption
Yarra Valley
Kew (don't know much about the D2 sides)
St Marys (See above)
Whitefriars
Bulleen Templestowe

Any thoughts?

Final Ladder:
Ormond
NOBS
Old Geelong
Old Mentone
Prahran Assumption
Yarra Valley
Kew (don't know much about the D2 sides)
St Marys (See above)
Whitefriars
Bulleen Templestowe

Any thoughts?

Div 1 is going to be a much watched fixture his year. Kew and St Mary's have a lot of talent and will run most sides hard this season. Would not ssurprise to see the in the top half of the ladder come finals time. I wouldn't be as confident of teams you listed 3 to 6.

My tips
  • Ormond by 80+ points- They are premiership favourites and Whitefriars to finish bottom so very one sided
In the memory bank for tomorrow.

Just saw the team lists and Ormond have three blokes whose combined age would equal half our team!

We will look to run them off their feet.

Well done to Ormond today. Whilst we started brightly enough, leading by 20 at the first break, their size and strength wore us out across the day.

Cracking day for footy though. Hope to have a few more like this before it gets too cold!
Too old. Too slow. Too good.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back