D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up AM. So a total of 16 weeks means an automatic deregistration. Maybe it's only semantics, but I still prefer the Association come out and directly ban a player for "life " where the incident is particularly nasty, rather than it be a default from accumulated weeks given. Like I say, maybe semantics, but sometimse you have to make a stand.
LOL...They are not going to hand out an automatic life ban on a player who strikes another player face-to-face, when the victim has instigated the whole situation (not defending the "strike" in any way mind you!) by charging at that player off the ball.
I'd suggest a solid 6 week penalty would be appropriate.

LOL...They are not going to hand out an automatic life ban on a player who strikes another player face-to-face, when the victim has instigated the whole situation (not defending the "strike" in any way mind you!) by charging at that player off the ball.
I'd suggest a solid 6 week penalty would be appropriate.
I wasn't referring to the Kew/BT incident, but Coward Punches that cause severe injury as a standard penalty.

If the majority of finals (exception of St Mary's v oggs this week) are at sportscover and oggs win this week. Will they have a greater advantage and knowledge of the larger ground, given all other three teams have resonably smaller grounds?
I doubt it. Ormond beat OGGS at Como earlier in the season & have only lost the 1 game, so I don't think that will impact Ormond at all. It'll all depend on which team can stand up when required. Who knows, the youngsters of Ormond might fall to pieces on the big stage.

I doubt it. Ormond beat OGGS at Como earlier in the season & have only lost the 1 game, so I don't think that will impact Ormond at all. It'll all depend on which team can stand up when required. Who knows, the youngsters of Ormond might fall to pieces on the big stage.
Well 9 19's played against Kew 3 weeks ago and handled it, so I don't see it being a problem and the wide expanses will only help their speed.

I'm tipping Old Geelong to go all the way in 2015. With excellent depth and the last few years' finals experience under their belt, it's time for them to step up. St Marys Salesian and Kew are two clubs who continue to attract quality players as they have done over the last 3 years. They both have great club culture and a young playing list. What are the chances of the Kew Bears going back to back to back?
317 days ago Richo picked 3/4 sides who will be competing for the premiership in September! Richo Richo mannnnnnnn...I want to be a Richo man!!

He didn't actually go out on a limb with those selections you'd have to say.;)
Hahaha definitely not - Just trying to spark the thread heading into finals. Would have had Prahran in there for sure at the start of the year.

When did Aitkens suspension start
Assume it started last week for the Friars game given the timing of the investigation decision and the fact he was nowhere near the players/coaches box for the game.

Anyone know the last time a senior coach was suspended by the VAFA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assume it started last week for the Friars game given the timing of the investigation decision and the fact he was nowhere near the players/coaches box for the game.

Does anyone really believe he's still not holding the reins - and firmly?

Having watched this thread all year with interest, Bedford's arrogance has got the better of me. Like Bedder's himself, I feel Ormond are getting a little ahead of himself and see an upset on the cards this weekend. Kew to bounce back from recent events to head straight through to the GF, whilst SMS will get the better of the OGGS. Just saying.........

Having watched this thread all year with interest, Bedford's arrogance has got the better of me. Like Bedder's himself, I feel Ormond are getting a little ahead of himself and see an upset on the cards this weekend. Kew to bounce back from recent events to head straight through to the GF, whilst SMS will get the better of the OGGS. Just saying.........

No.

OI coach/player was suspended for 7 weeks for on field incident back in 1987.
Coached from behind the fence.
Wasn't allowed on ground for the Grand Final, but collected his winners medal at the end of the game.

I daresay your username will not be long for this world.

Enjoy your time while it lasts.

St Mary's won't even get a sniff of it this weekend. There a bunch of front runners and when the pressure of the mighty oggs is on it'll be like a training drill with witches hats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back