D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well well well, the business end of the season has arrived. Best of luck to the 4 teams playing, hopefully we see some great games. I'm tipping Ormond and OG's to get the chocolates first up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we must have been reading a different thread. Thought Bedders had been quite measured when it came to his comments about the serious contenders in D1. Particularly Kew.

Didn't see the game but for Kew to win so convincingly and to do so apparently without Brazzale was a superb effort. Raging favs for the silverware now you'd have to believe.

What happened in the Kew/Monders game!? Didn't see that coming!

OGGS made us look like children in the first half of the elimination clash. Slick and slippery conditions made it a slog, and geelongs attack on the footy was several levels above ours and they smashed us all over. Same old story for us, when the conditions don't favour us and the going gets tough we struggle. Bitter end to our year. OGGS can approach next week with confidence as they set up really well and played a solid aggressive game that suits finals footy. I dare say they will give Ormond a real battle.

STMS were never going to enjoy the toughness of finals. Just not their cup of tea.
Re Ormond, Bedders has not been a cocky idiot. Rather the opposite. Certainly passionate. I think Ormond will be playing C Grade next year.

Congrats to Kew, been a difficult couple of weeks but even missing 2 key forwards have been able to win though to Premier C.

Big week looming for Oggers and Ormond which is what is so great about our league with 2 going up (and down). Wasn't able to get to either game - anyone able to share some observations?

What happened in the Kew/Monders game!? Didn't see that coming!
Kew were more aggressive at the ball. Dominated the stoppages.
Simon Keleher dominated in the back line. Brazalle and Allaman missing for Kew.
Sets up a good prelim.. final against OGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back