D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the tightest from 2nd down judging by the demolition jobs being handed by the ladder leaders
Parade looking like they will be battling relegation all season

OPS snatched a draw from the jaws of victory against prahan first up then have run into the top two teams on the ladder. BIG couple of rounds with NOBS and friars coming up. A chance to create some breathing space any possible relegation battle

Does anyone know whats going on with George Burbury and Old Geelong???

By all reports he has left the Sandringham Zebras as he has been handed a dream job...

Does anyone know whats going on with George Burbury and Old Geelong???

By all reports he has left the Sandringham Zebras as he has been handed a dream job...
first time, long time

Heard from from an unreliable source that he may have accepted quite a lucrative $$ job role, and this job role may take up a few saturday arvos here and there. I may be totally wrong, so dont shoot the messenger.

PEGS v Friars. Can anyone shed some light on the Friars? Looks like they have played some strong teams and been competitive in all games. Haven't played each other for about 11 yrs when both clubs were in B grade.

PEGS v Friars. Can anyone shed some light on the Friars? Looks like they have played some strong teams and been competitive in all games. Haven't played each other for about 11 yrs when both clubs were in B grade.
Young side, no secret Hickey (9) is their best forward, small, quick and can find the ball in front of goals. Keep him in check and you will stop them kicking a winning score. Dropped their heads against SMS once they got about 3 goals behind late in the third quarter. Once their mid field gets a little older, bigger, stronger they will become serious contenders at this level. Strong run late last season showed what time and confidence can do for a young team like this.

Congrats to Trent Skurrie who is playing is 200 th for PEGS this week. Skuzz originally came from Collegians, has made VAFA team of the year 4 times, made team of the decade 2000-2010. Is the clubs all time leading goal scorer ahead of Dave Forrest and Daniel Flaherty. Very passionate man, comes from a great family, all the best for the weekend.

OG
OP
Ivanhoe
PEGS
OM

Also what happened last week in the 2's game between Parade and OM? Was the game called off at half time because the score upload to VAFA reflects that...

OG
OP
Ivanhoe
PEGS
OM

Also what happened last week in the 2's game between Parade and OM? Was the game called off at half time because the score upload to VAFA reflects that...
pretty sure the game got called off due to an injury and then the ground was deemed unsafe

pretty sure the game got called off due to an injury and then the ground was deemed unsafe
Can confirm. Large areas of the ground had rolled out turf on top of sand that by half time had moved. Seniors were lucky to play as OMs had a spare ground. Though it was the size of postage stamp which helped the score to be as high as it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strange how a basket case last year can attract players

Help me out here but did ormond in 2014 resemble a basketcase? Who then got re promoted the following year. but i agree its amazing how om's have attraced some good players back that went to the school. who would of thought

Help me out here but did ormond in 2014 resemble a basketcase? Who then got re promoted the following year. but i agree its amazing how om's have attraced some good players back that went to the school. who would of thought
Ormond in 2014 still had a full team in its reserves, OM's last year only had 14 players against us

OM's are looking better by the moment with a few out yesterday and still smashing St Mary's (another quality team in this division). That said, we faced another very good team in Therry yesterday who just flogged us in every department from the first bounce. It will be a very interesting match up when these two sides meet, with OM's my slight favorite at this stage, but it will be a cracker as both teams are hard at the ball, run hard both ways and have some genuine guns playing in each team at this level. A full list at Therry will see a VERY good side take the field.

As for us - we will have to see what team 'turns up' next week. We are a real Jekyll & Hyde at the moment with a young team that has been forced to make around 4+ changes each week in the early part of the season. One thing I do know is we did not 'come to play' (as they say) against Therry and we got our asses kicked and a rude awakening just how far off the mark we are.

What we served up yesterday was one of our more disappointing efforts in the past few years -IMO.

A VERY big week for us in round 5 against St Mary's!

Chump.

Very strange how a basket case last year can attract players

Not strange at all. If you can get the coaching team and off field structure right a clubs fortunes can swing wildly from year to year. For a relatively small school they produce plenty of good footballers but like others lose them to paying comps or higher VAFA grades. St Bedes in particular has been the beneficiary. If they can attract a few back then they are chance to push up grade or 2.

Any truth in the rumour Nick Bourke has assumed the head coaching role at OGGS?

None. NB was fill in coach last week as coach had work commitments. Back to normal this week.

Can anyone shed any light on OG? Play them this week and both clubs have never played each other I don't think. Big game this week for both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back