Status
Not open for further replies.
first tips for the season;

therry - very strong side -plus 10 goals
st marys - last week was a one off- 30 points
oggs - strongest team in the comp - 10 goals
om - much closer than ppl think. 15 points
whitfriars - will get better 5+ goals

after watching the first 4 rounds pass by, it is such a strange start to the season, i personally think oggs are the team to beat. therry and om's are within the top 3. It will be a shit fight for the 4th spot.

OGGS will be lucky to be the one that falls into 4th. Stronger than OM's...tell him he's dreaming.
Jousting sticks..

OGGS will be lucky to be the one that falls into 4th. Stronger than OM's...tell him he's dreaming.
Jousting sticks..
OGGS will be fighting for top 2 come end of season. very, very strong side with great run. Obviously its only my opinion, but i believe they will be in C grade in 2017.

Wow zee with the strong opinions. OMs clearly the team to beat at this stage. Big game today against PEGS for Geelong. Today's game will definitely tell us a little more where both teams are at. 3 v 4 but as the ladder stands right now PEGS have potentially had a softer draw so far. Should be a rippa game.

Wow zee with the strong opinions. OMs clearly the team to beat at this stage. Big game today against PEGS for Geelong. Today's game will definitely tell us a little more where both teams are at. 3 v 4 but as the ladder stands right now PEGS have potentially had a softer draw so far. Should be a rippa game.
From the first 4 rounds Mentone are a stand out, Therry are second but a couple of injuries to key players would see them struggle. Then throw a blanket over OGs, St Marys, Hoes,pegs and Friars and then OPs, Prahran and Nobs.

From the first 4 rounds Mentone are a stand out, Therry are second but a couple of injuries to key players would see them struggle. Then throw a blanket over OGs, St Marys, Hoes,pegs and Friars and then OPs, Prahran and Nobs.

Nailed it. Therry losing to NOBS yesterday backs that up. PEGS hadnt beaten anyone of note until yesterday, strong win over a very good side in OGGS. Wowzee is maybe a little overzealous in his opinion of them, but I think its more a case of him underestimating OMs who are undeniably miles above the rest. Big game this week between SMS and PEGS. I think the home ground advantage will see SMS edge it but who knows.

Did Therry have a few out? On form you would have thought they would have accounted for NOBS. Bannister played. Great win by NOBS. OG are a quality team, PEGS despite having a few keys out played there best footy for the year. Ground was very windy and home team adapted best to the conditions. Burberry going to cause headaches in D1 is a quality in for OG. PEGS lost there best player for the year in first quarter to add to few outs they have already. St Mary's going to be a big game this week.

Did Therry have a few out? On form you would have thought they would have accounted for NOBS. Bannister played. Great win by NOBS. OG are a quality team, PEGS despite having a few keys out played there best footy for the year. Ground was very windy and home team adapted best to the conditions. Burberry going to cause headaches in D1 is a quality in for OG. PEGS lost there best player for the year in first quarter to add to few outs they have already. St Mary's going to be a big game this week.

Bigboy, I hear Ryan Jones out for the year?? Massive out. Best player in this grade IMO. Cerantonio out for the year as well?? Gun leader.
Makes the win on the weekend even better.

They didn't play on the weekend and another one or two keys were out. Believe Jones will be back around round 14. Damo not far away. Depth will be challenged over coming weeks. St Mary's away is a big one.

FWIW I imagine Burbury is in good nick too coming off a Sandy VFL pre-season. Is he playing on ball or forward?

Played everywhere to be honest. On ball mainly and pushed forward with the wind. Was also half back and wing at times.He can basically play any position. He will be handful, OG playing funny buggers with best players. Named two defenders as there best and had 4 and 5 kicked on them, they were dragged a few times.

Solid win by NOBS, Prahran were very good too, caused some concerns in long patches against OM's.
Oggers, Pegs and Therry still the main threat. OM's...awesome start but.....who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone shed some light on St Mary's? Finished fourth last year, started the year well so far. PEGS have a tough game at St Mary's this week

Anyone shed some light on St Mary's? Finished fourth last year, started the year well so far. PEGS have a tough game at St Mary's this week

Given they have some representation on here I'll keep it basic.

Pretty young team who are good users of the footy by foot. Gary P (NT spearhead) has to be kept quiet as does Jones. If they get on top, SMS will be hard to stop. Ground is tight and tricky. Not having it fences in assists in minimising perception of postage stamp but frankly, it's smaller than Ormond's ground and thus you need to be winning contested footy and finding (rare) space to get flow in your game.

Good luck, but I'm tipping they'll get you - as OMs will probably get us....home teams for mine.

SMS
OM
OGGs
Therry
Ivanhoe

Given they have some representation on here I'll keep it basic.

Pretty young team who are good users of the footy by foot. Gary P (NT spearhead) has to be kept quiet as does Jones. If they get on top, SMS will be hard to stop. Ground is tight and tricky. Not having it fences in assists in minimising perception of postage stamp but frankly, it's smaller than Ormond's ground and thus you need to be winning contested footy and finding (rare) space to get flow in your game.

Good luck, but I'm tipping they'll get you - as OMs will probably get us....home teams for mine.

SMS
OM
OGGs
Therry
Ivanhoe

Sid Jones has missed the last few weeks with injury (big out being the 2015 LS Pepper Medallist), still out for tomorrow. Expect to see them improve when he and a few others come back.

OGGS - 10 goals. bounce back after last weeks efforts
SMS - 5 goals
IVANHOE - 1 point
THERRY - biggest margin of the year
OMs - 5 goals - always tough on that paddock

After the weekend, Pegs will be right in the thick of things come finals. They played tough, fast football. We lacked polish and effort. Maybe through the pressure they applied. It will be very interesting to see how the next 5 rounds shape the top 4!

An honourable loss at Keysie today. Very entertaining tussle with the home side just composed enough in the final few minutes to hold us out.

At halftime we were a serious chance of a boil over - and hopefully this gives other teams/clubs confidence to work them out and knock them off.

Frankly, whilst they so have plenty more talented players in the seniors compared to the past few seasons, a bit of hard pressure and some crisp ball use on turnovers will put any side under the pump. We just couldn't do it for the whole 4 quarters.

Sitting near the bottom at 2-4 W/L doesn't look too flash, but we reckon there's plenty left to play for this year. Bring it on.

Last edited:
is that the way to beat them hedgefund? looking at first 6 rounds it looks as if they've now come back to the pack a bit the last fortnight...we always used to smash their school team so hopefully that trend continues this week!

Footy shorts very silly... 6-0 OMs, wins on the board. PEGS still with quite a few keys out, tough ask to knock off the undefeated team.

An honourable loss at Keysie today. Very entertaining tussle with the home side just composed enough in the final few minutes to hold us out.

At halftime we were a serious chance of a boil over - and hopefully this gives other teams/clubs confidence to work them out and knock them off.

Frankly, whilst they so have plenty more talented players in the seniors compared to the past few seasons, a bit of hard pressure and some crisp ball use on turnovers will put any side under the pump. We just couldn't do it for the whole 4 quarters.

Sitting near the bottom at 2-4 W/L doesn't look too flash, but we reckon there's plenty left to play for this year. Bring it on.
Cheers for the heads up Hedgefund. Good to know that pressure and good ball movement is the formula to winning games of footy. ill pass on to coach.

Although disappointing that you found that out a week before you play us @ friar park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back