2016 Draft Sliders

Remove this Banner Ad

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thought I would start a thread for 2016 draft sliders. Hopefully nobody else has already started one previously.

Last year there were a number of draftees who throughout the year were touted as high draft picks, consistently ranked highly across a number of phantom drafts and were members of the Under 18 All Australian team. However, there were a few who managed to slide in the draft. The names that spring to mind are Mathieson, Tucker, Balic and Bonner.

Just interested to gauge people's thoughts on who they could see potentially sliding in this year's draft in a similar fashion.

I reckon Brodie could come out of the top ten, especially if Logue and Hayward go high.

Two come to mind straight away and have both already been mentioned in English and Marshall. Wouldn't be surprised if Cedric Cox slid as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Will Brodie interviews poorly with GC, he should get all the way to North.

If Brodie is there at 9 and we don't take him I'll lose it. Would be best available by an absolute mile.

Jonty Scharenberg to slide to outside the first two rounds. Not a very good player in my opinion.
Petrevski-Seton to North Melbourne's pick 11, I don't think they would let him slide any further.
Logue to make it to Sydney, but at pick 19 rather than 9.

I think with logues combine results he will go high.

I think english will slide as clubs dont tend to take rucks early unless they really need them-he might get to the back end of the first round.

English and Marshall will slide and I think Scrimshaw should slide.... but won't. I don't see the Bowes bid coming until at least 5, possibly 7 - not much of a slide but a slide all the same.

I can see Marshall sliding. I think some are seduced by the lack of top end KPF in this year's draft so it overrates him a bit.

I also have a feeling Gallucci may slide as well.

SPP - In the 30s - I'm feeling that mature body slider like a Luke Tapscott back in the day.

English - late teens early 20s - lack of desire to use high end picks especially if GC don't want him (grundy style)

Battle - late 20s early 30s - slightly undersized (Gardiner /Culter)

Thought I would start a thread for 2016 draft sliders. Hopefully nobody else has already started one previously.

Last year there were a number of draftees who throughout the year were touted as high draft picks, consistently ranked highly across a number of phantom drafts and were members of the Under 18 All Australian team. However, there were a few who managed to slide in the draft. The names that spring to mind are Mathieson, Tucker, Balic and Bonner.

Just interested to gauge people's thoughts on who they could see potentially sliding in this year's draft in a similar fashion.

Would love another Tucker and Balic at freo....they both look like very good kids. As for this year I think Todd Marshall should slide as he appears to be all potential and no substance and I highly doubt his frame will genuinely develop.....more like a Westoff at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Draft Sliders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back