Oppo Camp 2016 Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

So after a garbage season riddled with injuries and poor form we end up plying one less game than the Eagles.

Plus we get the earlier draft pick, Easier draw next season, demolished their seconds, plenty of games in the youth, a full year in front with our rebuild and years in front with our training venue. All in all not a bad result.;)

I see the umpires have been named for this weekend's games... Matt Stevic is in for Bullies vs Wees/Poos. Poor Bullies.

Out of interest I Googled Stevic's name. This is what came up:

stevic.jpg

Then I Googled the last one

What a great finals series this has been. Dogs beat slime. Then Cats beat Hawks. North embarrass themselves. Again. And now the Dogs beat Hawks!

A dogs crows GF would be ideal.

Well this is now officially the most depressing finals series of all time for me and I am now stuck in one of the biggest dilemmas of all time.

So GWS play the Bullies next week.

I don't want GWS to win because that would mean they make a GF in their 5th year not to mention the fear that they might win it which would be an ugly outcome.

Equally as frightening is the possibility of the Bullies beating GWS then going on to win the GF. The media would be ****ing unbearable down here and their supporters would be more so (I'd then have to pray hard that we don't play the Bullies at Etihad next year otherwise I might want to commit murder on Bullies fans)

Then we have the small problem that the other PF could be between Geelong and Sydney. Both teams have been part of the 'big 3' in terms of winning and playing in GF's over the last 10 years and it frustrates that our best years have coincided with theirs.

What the hell do I do now?

I'm contemplating the unthinkable of dropping my dislike of the Bullies for 1 week but potentially considering forgetting my years of disliking Geelong to save me from the hell of the Bullies/GWS winning the flag.

This 2016 AFL Season officially sucks.

Bring on the WNBL Season so I can forget this abomination and the conflicted problems I have going through my mind tonight.

Well this is now officially the most depressing finals series of all time for me and I am now stuck in one of the biggest dilemmas of all time.

I don't want GWS to win because that would mean they make a GF in their 5th year not to mention the fear that they might win it which would be an ugly outcome.

Equally as frightening is the possibility of the Bullies beating GWS then going on to win the GF. The media would be ******* unbearable down here and their supporters would be more so (I'd then have to pray hard that we don't play the Bullies at Etihad next year otherwise I might want to commit murder on Bullies fans)

Then we have the small problem that the other PF could be between Geelong and Sydney. Both teams have been part of the 'big 3' in terms of winning and playing in GF's over the last 10 years and it frustrates that our best years have coincided with theirs.

I'm contemplating the unthinkable of dropping my dislike of the Bullies for 1 week but potentially considering forgetting my years of disliking Geelong to save me from the hell of the Bullies/GWS winning the flag.

This 2016 AFL Season officially sucks.

Bring on the WNBL Season so I can forget this abomination and the conflicted problems I have going through my mind tonight.

Who dislikes the doggies?! How do you hate on a team that hasn't done anything for years. Usually hate builds up after they're competitive against your own side but that hasn't been the case for the doggies for so long. Just jump on board and squint really hard that way the red and blue looks purple.

Who dislikes the doggies?! How do you hate on a team that hasn't done anything for years. Usually hate builds up after they're competitive against your own side but that hasn't been the case for the doggies for so long. Just jump on board and squint really hard that way the red and blue looks purple.

Actually quite easy.

The media here in Melbourne in regards to them are quite sickening.

Their supporters on here are a bunch of campaigners for the most part.

The umpire protection they get in games against Freo for the most part makes me violently ill.

Them winning a flag this year would be unbearable for me and knowing the AFL, they'll schedule Freo to play them at Etihad next year and that could be a very unpleasant experience.

Actually quite easy.

The media here in Melbourne in regards to them are quite sickening.

Their supporters on here are a bunch of campaigners for the most part.

The umpire protection they get in games against Freo for the most part makes me violently ill.

Them winning a flag this year would be unbearable for me and knowing the AFL, they'll schedule Freo to play them at Etihad next year and that could be a very unpleasant experience.

So in other words, they are your equivalent of the weagles to the rest of us here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in other words, they are your equivalent of the weagles to the rest of us here.

That would be pretty much it....my dislike depends on which team annoys me at that moment.

For a long time it was Geelong but now I don't have as strong a dislike of them as I once did...the Hawks were moving up because of the 2013 GF and 2015 PF but now....the Doggies have that title for me.

I actually think I would contemplate leaving the state if the Doggies won the flag...it would be a living nightmare for me.

Then again, the WNBL starts soon and really all that means is I can forget this abomination of a season.

i live in melbourne, yes theres alot of love for the dogs here but if you tune into everything the media says of course its going to annoy you. The way i see it is i dont look at all the media and just take in enough to know whats going on, so i can tolerate the bulldogs and i hope them or adelaide win the flag

Dunno if I want GWS to win the next 3 on the trot so the AFL panics and starts paring back both the salary cap and academy/zone concessions, or hoping they win none in spite of the ridiculous amount of free shit they have got.

Former is probably more likely though, especially given the remaining match-ups.

GWS v Sydney Grand Final. Do you agree?

Round 16 Friday, July 08, 2016
GEEL v SYD
Geelong Cats 9.6 (60) Sydney Swans 15.8 (98)

Round 9 Sunday, May 22, 2016
GWS v WB
GWS Giants 15.8 (98) Western Bulldogs 10.13 (73)
---------------------------------------------------------
Round 3 Saturday, April 09, 2016
SYD v GWS
Sydney Swans 14.9 (93) GWS Giants 10.8 (68)

Round 12 Sunday, June 12, 2016
GWS v SYD
GWS Giants 15.15 (105) Sydney Swans 9.9 (63)

Last edited:
This is the order of who I want to win it.

1. Bulldogs - Mainly built their own team and haven't and have only won the thing once, easy choice.

daylight

2. Sydney - Not a fan of them really and their past cola bs but don't have many annoying fans, lesser of the remaining evils.

daylight

3. GWS - Hate them the most and their 5 fans are peanuts but they are gonna win a lot with their ridiculous concessions anyway, getting it over with early might help get ground support against their BS help sooner rather than later.

4. Geelong - Worst supporter base on BF bar none, the place will be unbearable for at least 12 months if they win.

Sit back and enjoy GWS playing brilliant footy with a stacked list, and be glad the Victorian media darlings won't fill most of the airwaves with more hype for the GF week.

Last edited:
GWS v Sydney Grand Final. Do you agree?

The Sydney/Geelong game is 50/50 imo, Dangerfield could tear the game apart like he usually does but Sydney's midfield is mightily impressive.

GWS should roll the Dogs, a much more functional forward line should mean that any midfield advantage the Dogs have won't be shown on the scoreboard.

For my preferred flag winners:

GWS - Don't care about how much the AFL have fellated them, the footy they play is a joy to watch, their kicking is sublime and they have stars on every line. Zac Williams on the rebound the underrated standout, Josh Kelly being similar in potential and output as Cripps/Merret but far less heralded, Rory Lobb taking contested marks all over the ground acting as an epic utility player, Devon Smith weaving magic up forward. I could go on.

Sydney - The Swans' midfield probably deserves another flag, in particular Josh Kennedy who is just a tank.

Geelong - Dangerfield is going to deservedly win every award under the sun this year and why not a Norm Smith and premiership medallion? Seeing Selwood and co. winning would undoubtedly leave a bad taste in the mouth though.

Western Bulldogs - Sick of how over-hyped they are -- watching Bont and The Package tear it up is the positive though.

The Sydney/Geelong game is 50/50 imo, Dangerfield could tear the game apart like he usually does but Sydney's midfield is mightily impressive.

GWS should roll the Dogs, a much more functional forward line should mean that any midfield advantage the Dogs have won't be shown on the scoreboard.

For my preferred flag winners:

GWS - Don't care about how much the AFL have fellated them, the footy they play is a joy to watch, their kicking is sublime and they have stars on every line. Zac Williams on the rebound the underrated standout, Josh Kelly being similar in potential and output as Cripps/Merret but far less heralded, Rory Lobb taking contested marks all over the ground acting as an epic utility player, Devon Smith weaving magic up forward. I could go on.

Sydney - The Swans' midfield probably deserves another flag, in particular Josh Kennedy who is just a tank.

Geelong - Dangerfield is going to deservedly win every award under the sun this year and why not a Norm Smith and premiership medallion? Seeing Selwood and co. winning would undoubtedly leave a bad taste in the mouth though.

Western Bulldogs - Sick of how over-hyped they are -- watching Bont and The Package tear it up is the positive though.

Harsh on the Western Bulldogs after their lack of success and genuinely being one of the forgotten Vice teams I am enjoying their time in the sun and they play a great brand of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back