2016 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to doubt my decision to run with Dahlaus as my F2... :rolleyes:
Only 16 touches and he managed 87. He is more skilled with the ball than 95% of their team yet it seemed weird how he was calling for the ball so often but was ignored most of the time. I'm sticking with him, surely he will start to rip open games soon enough.

I think it would be good for team diversity if wells went down, hopefully after hitting 550K though :)
I havn't seen many serious teams without him so its not like a pod going down, would help sort the men from the boys.

And yes, I have now officially jinxed him. please everyone trade him out now!

Had a look at Barlow's scores last year, my god he was inconsistent.

rd | score
1 = 72
2 = 136
3 = 66
4 = 54
5 = 104
6 = 116
(91 average)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Michael&surname=Barlow&year=2015

It would be interesting to further look into and see if the games he went 100+ did he play pure mid, and the games he spuded it up did he play forward.

SUCH A HARD DECISION!

Learning towards keeping him (have changed my mind 5 times already today... and it's only Monday fml)

Hmmm

Barlow averaged 106.5 in the 4 matches that Fyfe didn't play
Barlow scored 142 in the match where Fyfe and Mundy didn't play

Now I'm leaning towards getting rid of him.... it's going to be a bloody long week

So to conclude the keep or kick Barlow debate:

Positive:
He had 8 scores under 80 last season (75, 66, 54, 64, 56, 76, 79, 29) and still averaged 94

Negative:
He scored better when the the star mids didn't play, thus confirming what we already knew, that he's a spud when he doesn't play as a pure mid

Hmmm

Now I'm leaning towards getting rid of him.... it's going to be a bloody long week

Positive:
He had 8 scores under 80 last season (75, 66, 54, 64, 56, 76, 79, 29) and still averaged 94

Negative:
He scored better when the the star mids didn't play, thus confirming what we already knew, that he's a spud when he doesn't play as a pure mid
Cheers for the stats above. It's quite concerning that he hasn't scored well in the games that the other mids played in, especially when he would be behind Fyfe, Mundy and now Neale in their midfield. He's obviously not getting the midfield time we were hopeful of, so I can't see him getting those big 110+ scores to really boost his average which is why I'm going to trade him out. The way is see it is worse case scenario, he picks up his scoring later on in the season, and can be traded in for a discounted price.

Had a look at Barlow's scores last year, my god he was inconsistent.

rd | score
1 = 72
2 = 136
3 = 66
4 = 54
5 = 104
6 = 116
(91 average)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Michael&surname=Barlow&year=2015

It would be interesting to further look into and see if the games he went 100+ did he play pure mid, and the games he spuded it up did he play forward.

SUCH A HARD DECISION!

Learning towards keeping him (have changed my mind 5 times already today... and it's only Monday fml)
Someone replyed to my post with Barlows last 2 scores against West Coast and that was enough to convince me to trade his arse. Just sayin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the worry.

Considering trading Barlow for him, could be a solid choice.
I agree that he will be a solid choice when he's playing, although I don't see him in the Zorko, Dusty, Monty, chad class as forward upgrades. (Lids as well when he eventually gets fit). Can you see him averaging 95+? I think he has potential to but I don't have the guts to pick him, knowing that he won't get much, if any midfield time.

With forwards looking slim this season, Gunston is starting to entice me.

I thought his output would drop with Roughy out, but he gets enough the ball these days to score well (often goes back to fill holes in defence).

100+ average imminent this year imo

Hmmm

Positive:

Negative:
You could have done this analysis before round 1 and saved us all the stress ;)

On Barlow, surely there's a chance Ross goes back to the structure when Freo were winning games last year - ie Barlow playing mid.

You could have done this analysis before round 1 and saved us all the stress ;)
Yeah I know right, so much information I could have looked at, and all I listened to was Ross the Toss saying Barslow would play mid... :(

At the end of the day, he needs 1 of his mids to spend the majority of their time forward. It's not going to be Fyfe because he's God, Neale is a too short and gun mid now, and Mundy just came off a career best year. Hill and Walters are getting centre bounces, so it's clear to me Ross wants speed out of the middle. They have Bennell to come in soon as well.

T
Hmmm

Positive:

Negative:
Thanks for making me feel good trading a "keeper"

Any love for Stevie J?

Only in 3% of teams with scores of 96 & 118 so far..
Seems like Chappy all over again.
He'll score quiet well ,will prob rested for a few games with couple spud scores thrown in.
Was thinking of starting with him.

Yeah I know right, so much information I could have looked at, and all I listened to was Ross the Toss saying Barslow would play mid... :(

At the end of the day, he needs 1 of his mids to spend the majority of their time forward. It's not going to be Fyfe because he's God, Neale is a too short and gun mid now, and Mundy just came off a career best year. Hill and Walters are getting centre bounces, so it's clear to me Ross wants speed out of the middle. They have Bennell to come in soon as well.
It's alright, you're not alone in listening to Ross the Toss over using logic... Many others fell for this trap!

My forward line this weekend:

Hall, Wells, BenKen, Kerridge, Papley, Milera/McCarthy (Wingard, MBrown)

:$

and I only just realised Wingard doesn't have mid eligibility... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back