List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not us that wants to trade him. Maybe we've offered him $250k for 3 years & Poort (eg.) have offered $350k for 4 years, in his home State.

It could very easily be that we want to keep him, but we simply can't afford to because another club has offered more. Didn't Pooort just have Alipate Carlisle or someone retire (& Schulz & delisted Butcher - that's a lot of height gone on the same day)?

They may need a KPD who played forward as a junior & see him as an 8-yr option on which to build a new spine (with Dixon at the other end).

Sh*t, reading that, we should definitely keep him!:eek:
But if we could snag Lobbe or Hartlett in a trade...

● He actually made his debut in 2009 so that's 8 seasons including this one...

During that time he has played 99 games which works out to be an average of 12 games a season...

It seems that every year his out injured for at least a few weeks... Also if he's already reached his ceiling (which he obviously has) then it's not very high and perhaps its time to move on...

● Tim O'Brien is GREATLY overated, only had 2-3 half decent games in 4 seasons and as good as a kid as he seems it would be counterproductive for us to retain him when we could place him in the open market and get something of worth back for him...

● While it is common knowledge that Brand has had injuries he has only played 11 games in 4 seasons so how much we should be waiting for his "potential" to get him in the side... Even once Gibson retires, is Brand really good enough to replace him???

Also he still remains uncontracted beyond this season which appears suspect...

If Timmy O'Brien is so greatly over-rated, what is it you hope to get for him on the open market? Surely if so over-rated then he's only worth a 4th Rounder at best, but you want "something of worth"? He's being played CHF, in possibly the least functional plan for going forward in the whole league - save for Ninthmond. If you mean that we should use him as part of a trade, then I can understand your position, but simply throwing him up & hoping for a 3rd Rounder is IMO a crazy play.

Who should Brand have forced out of the side in 2015? Lake or Frawley? Brand's playing 11 games in 4 years has very little to do with him & a whole lot to do with his being at HFC during the only 3-peat in our Club's prestigious history.

If Timmy O'Brien is so greatly over-rated, what is it you hope to get for him on the open market? Surely if so over-rated then he's only worth a 4th Rounder at best, but you want "something of worth"? He's being played CHF, in possibly the least functional plan for going forward in the whole league - save for Ninthmond. If you mean that we should use him as part of a trade, then I can understand your position, but simply throwing him up & hoping for a 3rd Rounder is IMO a crazy play.

Who should Brand have forced out of the side in 2015? Lake or Frawley? Brand's playing 11 games in 4 years has very little to do with him & a whole lot to do with his being at HFC during the only 3-peat in our Club's prestigious history.

All 3 players bundled up in a trade or divided up with picks for seperate trades...

With Brand I get what you're saying but how long should the kid be expected to hang around sniffing for a game???

Probably why he hasn't signed a new contract...

With TOB even a second rounder would be adequate... Covers our initial outlay for him and we try again...

With TOB even a second rounder would be adequate... Covers our initial outlay for him and we try again...
I think the move to make In that scenario is to trade out a tob type but relaxe with a FA.

Then you lose nothing in onfield but gain a draft pick.

Collingwood tried this a few times and ****ed it up each time (eg wellingham out, Clinton young in)

I think the move to make In that scenario is to trade out a tob type but relaxe with a FA.

Then you lose nothing in onfield but gain a draft pick.

Collingwood tried this a few times and stuffed it up each time (eg wellingham out, Clinton young in)

True, but could somethng like TOB to St Kilda for Billy Longer be considered a win???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on this guys. Freo haven't resigned Barlow which leads me to believe they'll move him and some others on to get picks for Hill and McCarthy and GC want players so this could IMO work out good for us.
Freo trade - Barlow + Debor + 39 to GC
GC trade - pick 21 + 26 to Freo
Freo trade - Pick 21 to Hawks
Hawks trade - B Hill to Freo
Hawks trade - 2016 1st + T Obrien to Port
Port trade - Hartlett + 45 to GC
GC trade O'Meara to Hawks
In this GC get 3 senior players for there midfield which they will need, Port get an extra first rounder to go to the draft and a tall to replace Shultz Freo get who they want and of course we get our man!!!

Other than the fact this was posted at 4am I think this is a real good trade, the minor edits I would make are removing the 26 and 39 element of the Barlow trade and maybe sneaking in a small pick upgrade to GC in the second part (could be achieved by giving our second round and getting GCs 3rd in return). Either way love your work, Hartlett, Barlow fresh starts up north, GC getting players not picks albeit nothing special but will certainly make them competitive and finally TOB to replace Schulz.

Other than the fact this was posted at 4am I think this is a real good trade, the minor edits I would make are removing the 26 and 39 element of the Barlow trade and maybe sneaking in a small pick upgrade to GC in the second part (could be achieved by giving our second round and getting GCs 3rd in return). Either way love your work, Hartlett, Barlow fresh starts up north, GC getting players not picks albeit nothing special but will certainly make them competitive and finally TOB to replace Schulz.

Oh look... It's TOB to Port Adelaide... Who would have thougt that would happen...

Sorry mate, just been getting my chops busted for suggesting that...

That scenario doesn't look too bad, one of the better ones anyway... Still think we're paying overs thougn...

lol, you suggested Schoe, Brand and O'Brien for Wines and a fourth round pick.

I've read ridiculous shit on this site, but this is up there.

It leaves me thinking you are not legit.

Ummm... Yeah... I'm really a PORT ADELAIDE supporter trying to steal Schoenmakers, O'Brien and Brand out from under your noses...

Seriously mate you're starting to offend...

By the way I'd trade the three above mentioned for Ollie Wines on his own, he's simply that good!!!

If you don't like it, don't comment and just keep scrolling...

All 3 players bundled up in a trade or divided up with picks for seperate trades...

With Brand I get what you're saying but how long should the kid be expected to hang around sniffing for a game???

Probably why he hasn't signed a new contract...
That's a tough one & hard to understand when not part of the inner sanctum.

As an outsider, I'd have expected the club to sign him up for 4 yrs at $300k hoping to get him cheap but sway him with tenure. From his perspective, I'd have thought he'd push for 2yrs at $300k knowing he's our tallest defender by 2 inches & that he's the future, hoping that his next 2x contracts would be where he made his money.

Given that neither has happened is extremely concerning & suggests to me that he's on his way out (mainly because I don't know what is being discussed inside).

lol, you suggested Schoe, Brand and O'Brien for Wines and a fourth round pick.

I've read ridiculous shit on this site, but this is up there.

It leaves me thinking you are not legit.

By the way, how is my original scenario worse than giving Bradley Hill, Tim O'Brien and our 2016 First Round Selection???

JOM is damaged goods and a massive risk but hey, let's sell the farm to get him...

Like I said... OVERS!!!

That's legit by the way!!!

That's a tough one & hard to understand when not part of the inner sanctum.

As an outsider, I'd have expected the club to sign him up for 4 yrs at $300k hoping to get him cheap but sway him with tenure. From his perspective, I'd have thought he'd push for 2yrs at $300k knowing he's our tallest defender by 2 inches & that he's the future, hoping that his next 2x contracts would be where he made his money.

Given that neither has happened is extremely concerning & suggests to me that he's on his way out (mainly because I don't know what is being discussed inside).

I'd have thought the same but surely he's gone... Might as well use it to the clubs benefit... Can't blame him though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back