Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Which 5 players will form our Leadership Group?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a massive fan of throwing Cripps in this early but if he and club are happy with it then so be, they know more than we do. I just hope we dont burn out the guy before he hits his prime.

Youngsters Patrick Cripps, 20, and Sam Docherty, 22, are among five additions to the 2016 group, as the Blues' next generation of leaders begins to emerge.

Confirmed. Very happy with that but somehow feel a little down for Tuohy, but I guess you can't fit them all in.
Is there a story online?

You're a cruel man but fair. You lifted Murph last year by naming him the worst Carlton captain in 50 years. I'm tipping All-Australian this year.

The two aren't necessarily bound but he is our captain now and so be it.

EDIT: Have to say our voting did pretty well, didn't it?

You're a cruel man but fair. You lifted Murph last year by naming him the worst Carlton captain in 50 years. I'm tipping All-Australian this year.
I can't work around memories like these, Chief......

Not sure how old Carey was when he became captain. I think you are right that he was very young.
Think David Dench was the youngest VFL captain for a while at 20. Could play, one of the first ever attacking backmen.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say there is a fairly good chance that there is lucrative bonus attached to being in the leadership group.

Most clubs have leadership incentives. Usually a % of the players wage.
First I've heard of it. Confirmation of this at once please.

How about the club makes a decision on the structure and number the leadership group will be and sticks to it - year after year. This floating, changeable thing saps confidence and is too arbitrary for mine.

I'd say there is a fairly good chance that there is lucrative bonus attached to being in the leadership group.

Most clubs have leadership incentives. Usually a % of the players wage.
Have not really thought of the financial side. Maybe a small bonus for being named captain or vice-captain but i wouldnt think the others in the leadership group would receive anything.

Have not really thought of the financial side. Maybe a small bonus for being named captain or vice-captain but i wouldnt think the others in the leadership group would receive anything.

I think it may depend on the individuals contract, so who knows?
I'd say Crippa would have taken home a nice little bonus last year for winning the BnF.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Back