List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Caruso said de Boer and Mzungu gave them much-needed role players.“We’ve brought in so much top-end talent, the ability to bring in players who can play a role when we need them to is really something that excites us,” Caruso said. “De Boer’s tackling ability and Mzungu’s ability to do the team thing – that’s what we were looking for in those players. “We think they’ve both got versatility. De Boer could be a defensive forward or he could go through the midfield. “Mzungu has played wing or half-back or even tagged. They’ve both got really good endurance which helps because it means they can play straight up.”
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fo...s/news-story/92b1d45b2fa570233604506644567ac6

OK, it's nice to see some comment coming from the club to explain the selections. Pretty much what a few people have touched on with their various posts over the last few days. So we put our trust in Leon and the team and see how they go. As long as they put in the hard work, inspire and help our large group of younger kids, and are ready to step into the team if called upon then they'll get a thumbs up.

Every premiership side has had foot soldiers, guys like Toovey, Spangher. Can recall after we beat the Swans in the QF Chris Judd was on Footy Classified and said our side was like no other he had seen due to in his opinion there was 21 guys that were of AA quality which was a fair wrap. Its just hard to see who makes way and for what reason to giver either of these 2 a game. These type of selections can have a downside if a coaches pet scenario eventuates. It may be a fine line not to rock the boat at this stage, guess it depends on the whole group dynamic and how well they settle in. 3 experienced players in, in one off season is a lot, I cant recall it happening too many times to a top 4 side.

Every premiership side has had foot soldiers, guys like Toovey, Spangher. Can recall after we beat the Swans in the QF Chris Judd was on Footy Classified and said our side was like no other he had seen due to in his opinion there was 21 guys that were of AA quality which was a fair wrap. Its just hard to see who makes way and for what reason to giver either of these 2 a game. These type of selections can have a downside if a coaches pet scenario eventuates. It may be a fine line not to rock the boat at this stage, guess it depends on the whole group dynamic and how well they settle in. 3 experienced players in, in one off season is a lot, I cant recall it happening too many times to a top 4 side.
Lids will play AFL of course. MZ and MDB will be playing NEAFL lest we have a bad run with injuries...touch wood!

Tommo, but he added some other comments about it to justify which i cant exactly remember but something along the lines of Patfull was never AA but he did play International rules and win a Lions B&F. He was complimentary of Adam as a player and rated his performance that week.

Aahhh, the guy who finished the season, statistically, the best one-on-one defender in the league. Interesting choice to leave out. But you know what they say about opinions and a certain part of the anatomy....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair in our best 22 the only 'weak link' I can see is CHB. Tommo found a rich vein of form but until he backs that up next season then he will always be viewed as the 'hole' in our team.

That being said we have easily the best bench I've ever seen

IT is the AFL equivalent of adding a pair of fluffy dice to a sparkling new Bentley. But Greater Western Sydney says it has grand plans for unlikely recruits Tendai Mzungu and Matt de Boer, who the talent-laden Giants secured after only nine combined games for the faltering Dockers this year. GWS is so stacked with talent in its midfield that players such as Jack Steele had to return to Melbourne to seek greater opportunity. Giants head of football Wayne Campbell said Mzungu, 30, and de Boer, 26, had the chance to play key on-field roles next year... “They are outstanding people, we have put a lot of research into them as people and footballers, and we think we can add to our group with hardened players. “I think they were the No. 1 and 2 runners at Fremantle, they have come out of a good system and they are ready to go.”
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/f049dab01b81a1acc3f30b66fa47bbae

Hi guys
Not big noting but
Proper journalism is dead.

We live in a Trumpian Post-Truth world.
:cool: For my generation that was Nixon, and similar things were said. Although to be fair not really until he had been pres for some time.There's nothing new under the sun.

So unfair that we get access to players from Melbourne, THE footy heartland, as part of our academy. Hopefully the fact that Steele's returned there takes some heat off their desire to shut the Academy down.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back