List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

So psd/rookie draft tomorrow at 4pm.
And Caruso did say the other day we would make two rookie selections so you would think one would be Patfull assuming we still need to move his wage off the main list with the other selection being a live pick.
I interpreted that as 2 live selections.

In which case my hopes are 2 of sproule, fisher and byrne

I'd like to apologise for saying Tendai Mzungu isn't listed on draft tracker.

He is in there listed as Tendai M'Zungu. I have never seen his name spent like that ever but it means his name is at top when you click the M section instead of the bottom.

First time I've ever posted on an opposition board and it's incorrect information. Sorry about that. Now I'll back to the freo board.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or will it be this bloke

Because we are in a wtf competition that we weren't advised of??
I hope it's wrong but fear it's correct..

Maybe, the AFL have decided next year we have to play with two less players than everyone else, the club has got wind of it and used Selleys where we would normally have players so it's an easy call on which two go. This conspiracy theory feels totally legit :eek::drunk::thumbsu:

Because we are in a wtf competition that we weren't advised of??
I hope it's wrong but fear it's correct..

Maybe, the AFL have decided next year we have to play with two less players than everyone else, the club has got wind of it and used Selleys where we would normally have players so it's an easy call on which two go. This conspiracy theory feels totally legit :eek::drunk::thumbsu:

Perhaps not all is lost with Quayle suggesting we will pick up Sproule tomorrow
Zach Sproule (Murray Bushrangers)
A tall defender/forward with excellent endurance, who likes to cover ground. Will go to GWS as an academy rookie.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-rookie-draft-the-names-to-watch-20161127-gsyn5g.html

There is also Hopper, Toby is a natural mid playing fwd to get a game, Deledio might be good enough to sneak a game or two off one of last years regular mids also ;) . Zach can also come into the midfield giving A Ken a better go down back.
I hear what you are saying, but gee we'd have to be hammered with injuries..
His (MDB's) only asset is his pressure on the ball carrier, something Lyons gets erect over, yet wouldn't play him, he's one of ours now so I am trying very hard not to bag him, but seriously if he becomes the difference between us winning or losing a game let alone a flag I'll be somewhat stunned.
Yeah fair points but all those you mentioned are already in our best22.While they all could rotate through the mids if required we would have to change our structure a bit.Im only really talking about MDB being required if one of our best 22 was injured.He would be on minimum wage and Mzungu as a rookie or on minimum wage I'm not opposed to either.

I get your point on losing it if he cost us in a big game but every club needs a grunt tackling machine.Over the course of a season we will need one or two depth mids who aren't kids Deboer will be cheaper than Palmer who played his role for the Giants and was good for periods.However swap him for Stevie J and we win the prelim.His ball use at the end cost us..

Mzungu and Sproule have been promised spots tomorrow

Don't know whether to "like" this or not. Like the Sproule bit. Not sold on the Mzungu bit at all. I'd prefer we rookied a local.

Would Mzungu be doing any better as one of our rookies playing NEAFL than he would be playing WAFL at West Perth or wherever he was going to? I mean, deBoer at least is on our senior list. This one, to me, makes even less sense than deBoer (other than our long standing "bring a friend" policy, but you'd think Matt would be old enough to cope)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know whether to "like" this or not. Like the Sproule bit. Not sold on the Mzungu bit at all. I'd prefer we rookied a local.

Would Mzungu be doing any better as one of our rookies playing NEAFL than he would be playing WAFL at West Perth or wherever he was going to? I mean, deBoer at least is on our senior list. This one, to me, makes even less sense than deBoer (other than our long standing "bring a friend" policy, but you'd think Matt would be old enough to cope)
Agreed

Bear in mind that we're talking picks 40+ and rookies here. The odds are already against anyone else we would be looking to pick up, so I find it hard to stress about Mzungu or de Boer.

Bear in mind that we're talking picks 40+ and rookies here. The odds are already against anyone else we would be looking to pick up, so I find it hard to stress about Mzungu or de Boer.
Sort of agree in the free roll now approach, but it wasn't Friday when we passed on McCredie when we had the points to match and instead took MDB.

Looking at De Boers welcome thread and posting on the Freo board, he does seem to be popular with the ladies. Maybe it's a cunning plan to increase the crowds?

What I have been told is MDB and Mzungu are on basic wage and there to take the load as inside mids in the NEAFL whilst our younger/new mids develop The two Freo boys have agreed as they are still on a list. Both only one year contracts and both still can play AFL footy.

I haven't done the check to see, but if as it seems there was a conscious decision not to go into deficit, I'm assuming we couldn't match Mutch who was more highly rated, but believe we did have at McCredie?
I can understand not wanting to go into deficit given the AFL's obsession with taking draft picks off us, but by my calculations we had enough points to match Mutch (just) or Macreadie (easily).

Given we were down to our last two list spots at that stage I reckon they would've matched Tiziani if he had a bid in the 40s and held the last for MDB. As it was, Tiziani slid to our pick so we took him straight up.

What I have been told is MDB and Mzungu are on basic wage and there to take the load as inside mids in the NEAFL whilst our younger/new mids develop The two Freo boys have agreed as they are still on a list. Both only one year contracts and both still can play AFL footy.

Oh I don't doubt the rationale, but on the other side of the ledger, if I'm Mzungu (or even deBoer) I'm looking at uprooting (no idea about family but both are West Australians) for a one year contract to play NEAFL?

Yeah they can both still play, yeah they'll be on a list (Mzungu only just) yeah they might be happy to be on minimum coin - but that's one hell of a significant life move for very little reward.

If they were originally from the east coast (even Vic) then it would make slightly more sense. I haven't heard anything about coaching beyond BF speculation - and they could get that player assistant coach thing as easily in the WAFL as the other side of the country.

I don't know how much WAFL players get paid compared to NEAFL players but you have to factor in a complete move to Sydney and the rental here and the lack of family support and so on and so forth - all for a 12 month NEAFL contract.

And if they think racking up 40 on a regular basis might get them another gig at another club after someone notices how well they're going, then maybe they need to talk to Jake Barrett (or Mark Whiley) to see if that's an effective strategy.

They are moving all the way across the country to play in a substantially lesser league with people they don't know for not a long time and not a lot of money. It's a real head scratcher, that's all.

Oh I don't doubt the rationale, but on the other side of the ledger, if I'm Mzungu (or even deBoer) I'm looking at uprooting (no idea about family but both are West Australians) for a one year contract to play NEAFL?

Except they're not moving to play NEAFL - at least in their mind. They're moving to have a chance of playing AFL, something they aren't going to get playing for a WAFL club.

Once a guy spends a year out of the AFL over the age of about 25, there's next to no chance for them to be re-listed in the future. It's higher if you've been on an AFL list but not playing seniors so they're at least maintaining their foot in the door, and if you're lucky you might just cement a position.

Assuming there is no other teams interested, we're basically the only option to continue their AFL careers, which is a huge incentive.

So who is Barrett going to? A club must be guaranteeing him a spot because we committed to him of he didn't.

This w

Yeah they can both still play, yeah they'll be on a list (Mzungu only just) yeah they might be happy to be on minimum coin - but that's one hell of a significant life move for very little reward.

If they were originally from the east coast (even Vic) then it would make slightly more sense. I haven't heard anything about coaching beyond BF speculation - and they could get that player assistant coach thing as easily in the WAFL as the other side of the country.

I don't know how much WAFL players get paid compared to NEAFL players but you have to factor in a complete move to Sydney and the rental here and the lack of family support and so on and so forth - all for a 12 month NEAFL contract.

And if they think racking up 40 on a regular basis might get them another gig at another club after someone notices how well they're going, then maybe they need to talk to Jake Barrett (or Mark Whiley) to see if that's an effective strategy.

They are moving all the way across the country to play in a substantially lesser league with people they don't know for not a long time and not a lot of money. It's a real head scratcher, that's all.
There moving as they know injuries happen and there a chance to play in a premiership with us.We might have been the only premiership contender interested in them.Thats a big carrot to players who have already played in a grand final.These two are at a much higher class to Barrett.He never stood out in NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back