2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, was waiting for the old second div chestnut to come out. Your right, I am sad.............sad that a hard working, grass roots community football club with the best coach in the comp, spending a third (cue denials) of their opponent and with playing well below their best, fell 16 points shy of inflicting pain to the cash machine that is Trevor Barrotts Heidelberg. Yep, I am sad in that respect but you'll be pleased to know that I was actually happy with the reserves result and the B.O.G award. Great result for a great family. Might have to get him to come and play down at Lower next season where his dad and brother played.:wink:
Didn't Lower Plenty piss Gary Ramsay off when you went on a spending spree that you clearly didn't have the money to pay for. You should be sad.
As for you trying to get Cooky to play second division, good luck with that.

Haha, was waiting for the old second div chestnut to come out. Your right, I am sad.............sad that a hard working, grass roots community football club with the best coach in the comp, spending a third (cue denials) of their opponent and with playing well below their best, fell 16 points shy of inflicting pain to the cash machine that is Trevor Barrotts Heidelberg. Yep, I am sad in that respect but you'll be pleased to know that I was actually happy with the reserves result and the B.O.G award. Great result for a great family. Might have to get him to come and play down at Lower next season where his dad and brother played.:wink:
Speaking of old chestnuts, give the money thing a spell, you would have no idea what's going on at HFC and clearly when it comes to the financial part of running a footy club you and your club can't seem to get it right. Something else for you to be sad about. Anyway We're all going to lunch today with our two new cups so you try not to be to sad.

Well done and congratulations to Heidelberg. Shattered but trying to remain humble in defeat.
The ladder positions at the end of the year do not lie. Heidelberg simply the better team on the day.
Bloody hard to get to the big dance, and for us to achieve it twice and to actually win it last year was amazing
and going by the end of year functions down at De Winton, everyone is proud of their efforts in 2016.

We will just keep plugging away and continue to develop as the next batch of juniors filter through the system

What a great club Macleod has evolved into

... we've had the week off to get over the niggles, we are in form and probably have our best team in for the year. ...

... Heidelberg’s strong finish to the game was even more impressive given a Josh Gribben red card and a leg injury to Daniel Connors left it down to just two rotations for much of the second half. ...

... With Macleod tiring and Heidelberg’s defensive pressure lifting, the Tigers were able to lock the ball inside their forward half for the rest of the match to seal their premiership win.

Final score: Macleod 9.15 (69) def by Heidelberg 12.13 (85)

Speaking of old chestnuts, give the money thing a spell, you would have no idea what's going on at HFC and clearly when it comes to the financial part of running a footy club you and your club can't seem to get it right. Something else for you to be sad about. Anyway We're all going to lunch today with our two new cups so you try not to be to sad.
True I wouldn't know too much, but others do and they talk. Have you ever known a player who doesn't boast of how much he's getting? And yes, last year we tried to up the spend and it wasn't sustainable, so we now operate within our means. Mind you it was still far well short of Heidelberg. I also remember that last season you guys were struggling to pay players in the back half resulting in a string of losses. Hence the return of the cash cow.

Didn't Lower Plenty piss Gary Ramsay off when you went on a spending spree that you clearly didn't have the money to pay for. You should be sad.
Actually Gary resigned his position at Lower, then reapplied when it became open again after Steve Layt had to withdraw. It's all been said before, but a process had begun with interviews which Gary was part of. If Macleod had delayed appointing Gary a week later, he probably would have been offered the Lower job again. Unfortunately when you begin a process you have to respect those who have responded and have interviews scheduled. As for Dan, I agree he should continue at div 1, I just think he might be better at a club than can offer him more games instead of prioritising with big name recruits. Macleod would be a good fit actually.

... Heidelberg’s strong finish to the game was even more impressive given a Josh Gribben red card and a leg injury to Daniel Connors left it down to just two rotations for much of the second half. ...

... With Macleod tiring and Heidelberg’s defensive pressure lifting, the Tigers were able to lock the ball inside their forward half for the rest of the match to seal their premiership win.

Final score: Macleod 9.15 (69) def by Heidelberg 12.13 (85)

I have congratulated Heidelberg.....no need to rub it Captain Obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done after all the years ie since 2009 !! But it simply isnt fair that Heidelberg run 2 teams and everyone else runs 3 .Sugar daddy clubs Deer Park and Aberfeldie ran 3 clubs and invested in youth and local footy. The NFL board must be sacked this week its amazing beyond belief Heidelberg got to run 2 teams the COMP IS COMPRAMISED !!!!! # Dont follow Macleod

There are 6 clubs in the NFL that only have two sides, so if this is such a concern why isn't anyone complaining about Lalor, Thomastown Watsonia, Heid West and Fitzroy Stars as well? More than likely Reservoir and Laurinmar also won't have u/19s next year so we should stop them coming into the comp in 2017? Or is it only Heidelberg we are concerned with?

There are 6 clubs in the NFL that only have two sides, so if this is such a concern why isn't anyone complaining about Lalor, Thomastown Watsonia, Heid West and Fitzroy Stars as well? More than likely Reservoir and Laurinmar also won't have u/19s next year so we should stop them coming into the comp in 2017? Or is it only Heidelberg we are concerned with?

Heidelberg the only division 1 club out of that lot, and as this is the Division 1 thread, then yes it is only Heidelberg that is of interest.

The under 19s competition needs to be revamped anyway. Have the first 4 games as grading games similar to the juniors. Diamond creek and Banyule would have held their own in Division 1 this year. Also all clubs need to have 30 registered players by March 1 i would have thought, if not, you're out.

I have heard a prerequisite to Heidelberg having 19s in 2017 is to play home games on a friday night, which is a fantastic idea.

Heidelberg the only division 1 club out of that lot, and as this is the Division 1 thread, then yes it is only Heidelberg that is of interest.

The under 19s competition needs to be revamped anyway. Have the first 4 games as grading games similar to the juniors. Diamond creek and Banyule would have held their own in Division 1 this year. Also all clubs need to have 30 registered players by March 1 i would have thought, if not, you're out.

I have heard a prerequisite to Heidelberg having 19s in 2017 is to play home games on a friday night, which is a fantastic idea.
I would be surprised if Hurstbridge had an U/19's next year. No Under 17's this year to go up and they will lose half their team going up which was low in numbers this year. They will need to work extremely hard to get the numbers.

I've just read the NFL by laws and this is what it says about clubs who wish to field U/19's...It not compulsory FYI (Unless I missed something)

9.7 Under-19 Competitions All clubs have the option of fielding an under-19 team each season in the League. The allocation of clubs into appropriate divisions shall be determined by the Board. Nomination to field an under-19 team is to be submitted by March 1 on the year of competition.

just a quick thought is this not just an NFL problem its right across all leagues WRFL 3 divisions and only 2 divisions of u19s, SFL 3 divs and only 1 div u19's EDFL 3 divisions and 3 div u19's but not alll 3rd div have side some are the second 18 side ammos 7 divisions and 5 division of u19s .
if we are not careful and start to take action we will be down to one side per team as in a few years teams will struggle to fill the seconds .

True I wouldn't know too much, but others do and they talk. Have you ever known a player who doesn't boast of how much he's getting? And yes, last year we tried to up the spend and it wasn't sustainable, so we now operate within our means. Mind you it was still far well short of Heidelberg. I also remember that last season you guys were struggling to pay players in the back half resulting in a string of losses. Hence the return of the cash cow.
This is Gold, it's what Big footy is all about, keep up the good work Brutal.

Bergers will have u19s next year, working feverishly on it as we speak. Not much on here about Saturday's game. Bergers always had Macleod covered, very thin at the bottom, can't believe they gave away such a huge free kick before the game even started. Players voted to not play Langford, my guess is to save Doherty. As Underbelly would say bazaar. Lynch was no good anyway, Hobbs not much better, put him in the best to justify selection. Plenty of nepotism down at Macleod Rosanna. Tail wagging the dog and Ramsay fell for it, actually got coach of the year but got out coached Saturday. Let a five foot nothing seventeen year old and a six foot six thirty six year old run riot Bergers were down to one rotation, amazing stuff. Not sure Hammer, Hobbs and co will play for peanuts next year, offers will come thick and fast. Good to see the Macleod power brokers embedded in the dry area, probably trying to keep away from that disgusting rif raf on the hill, and they bang on about culture. Just to finish I am amazed they would put there current arrangement with Heidelberg at risk with that dumb Facebook post, mind boggling.

Now the seasons over, brutal you can join the division two forum. If you guys are paying more then your rivals next season will you be a hypocrite?

Bergers will have u19s next year, working feverishly on it as we speak. Not much on here about Saturday's game. Bergers always had Macleod covered, very thin at the bottom, can't believe they gave away such a huge free kick before the game even started. Players voted to not play Langford, my guess is to save Doherty. As Underbelly would say bazaar. Lynch was no good anyway, Hobbs not much better, put him in the best to justify selection. Plenty of nepotism down at Macleod Rosanna. Tail wagging the dog and Ramsay fell for it, actually got coach of the year but got out coached Saturday. Let a five foot nothing seventeen year old and a six foot six thirty six year old run riot Bergers were down to one rotation, amazing stuff. Not sure Hammer, Hobbs and co will play for peanuts next year, offers will come thick and fast. Good to see the Macleod power brokers embedded in the dry area, probably trying to keep away from that disgusting rif raf on the hill, and they bang on about culture. Just to finish I am amazed they would put there current arrangement with Heidelberg at risk with that dumb Facebook post, mind boggling.

W

and what current arrangement is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back