2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Lower play Whitt in 3rd last round at Whitt I think. I reckon that will b the relegation game. Vin is the director of coaching this year not the head coach. Can't see him there next year either way
I think there is a couple of home games where we will target a win against teams that haven't got a great record at Lower. Would have been nice to kick a few less points against the Panthers on the weekend and put a couple of games up on Whittlesea. Wasn't to be but at least the last 2 outings have seen us with more than a sniff. I'm still pretty confident that we'll do enough though.

So Jay Nagle would get in and help with the dishes on Thursday nights in his long and illustrious career up there and that other big name you picked up from the western region that looked like Straunchie, Keenan, please. How would these two Panther icons stack up against say Mick Finn and Hally. League medal,100 goalkicker, 9 premierships between them etc. Finn still running around in the seconds and both involved in HFC Auskick program putting a bit back in.
You'd reckon for the money there getting, blokes would wash their own dishes. Rule #1 at Lower is you wash your own.

Staggering wit. Just brilliant

I think the current top three are a cut above. Macleod certainly have the scoring power but leak roo many points (32 points more than Hberg per game). That's a lot. We haven't seen Boro play Hberg yet so that will help but I think the GF will be played amongst these teams.

I think the current top three are a cut above. Macleod certainly have the scoring power but leak roo many points (32 points more than Hberg per game). That's a lot. We haven't seen Boro play Hberg yet so that will help but I think the GF will be played amongst these teams.

:p

Too*

Another gem from the great wit. What a contribution you make. Without a typo, you are lost.

I hope the Eagles get on a roll and stay up this year. They have managed to hold I together through the yo yo syndrome and that's a pretty good effort.
I just couldn't resist another typo so drainpipe had something to say........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of depth

Quick look at their 2's from the past weekend. 10 players with senior experience.
Including
1 x 180+ Senior Games, 4 B&F's and multiple premierships
1 x 150+ Senior games, multiple premierships
1 x 120+ Senior Games, League and HFC B&F, multiple premierships (granted didnt play the past weekend)
With the remainder making up to a combined total of 100 games of senior NFL football.

Mix that with players due back in the next weeks. At least 3 back, youth(ish) and AFL experience.

I think depth is actually really good.

I still think we haven't see the best of Greensborough, hardly had there full team on the park all at once and have played in drips and drabs but i believe they will come good. They have proven to be the team to beat over the past 2 seasons

None of the top 3 have had a good run with injuries. Will be hard to see anyone making ground from behind if they are all fit and firing towards the end of the year.

None of the top 3 have had a good run with injuries. Will be hard to see anyone making ground from behind if they are all fit and firing towards the end of the year.
Heard a humorous story about one of the top 3 Presidents tonight. Apparently was pulled over for a routine check and was none too pleased. Fired away with the old "don't you know who I am", when giving the local constabulary a spray. Then thought he'd announce the football club he is president of. I'm sure wasn't done out of arrogance though.:rolleyes:

Quick look at their 2's from the past weekend. 10 players with senior experience.
Including
1 x 180+ Senior Games, 4 B&F's and multiple premierships
1 x 150+ Senior games, multiple premierships
1 x 120+ Senior Games, League and HFC B&F, multiple premierships (granted didnt play the past weekend)
With the remainder making up to a combined total of 100 games of senior NFL football.

Mix that with players due back in the next weeks. At least 3 back, youth(ish) and AFL experience.

I think depth is actually really good.

Dads army

How much money is being spent by clubs on assistant coaches and line coaches? Must be costing clubs a few bucks each week.

Last edited:
Coach gave one of the greatest 3/4 time sprays I've ever heard. I was at the opposite huddle & could hear it clear as day. Didn't work though, still got outscored in the last quarter.
it was one of the best l have ever heard.Up there with a couple cole dished out when he was coaching mont.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back