Bundoora
Eltham
Montmorency
Northcote Park
West Preston
Whittlesea
Lower Plenty

I think the top 3 have better lists and depth

Not a bad effort in predicting this if I do say myself. The Premiers is anyone's guess

Broke down everyone they hit the half forward line. 9 was bog for Macleod

#9 -that would be the champ Justin White. Let's hope Hobbs can make it back as one of the best players in the comp. Next week will be massive- local darby. I wonder when Mac last played Berg in a division one final? GO CLOUDERS!!!!!

As has previously been mentioned. Big problems at the slime. Fair bit of destabilisation down there apparently, in particular with the coaching side of things.

Yeah have heard the same thing. Also heard yesterday that Plunkett and his team are all either not being reappointed at Bulls for next season or are walking. Weird rumour to hear when playing (and playing well) in finals.

This could leave four clubs looking for new coaches for 2017.

On the weekends games both Macleod and Bundoora look impressive. Both finals this weekend will be absolute cracking games......spending $30 to see them and then $5.50 for cats piss is tough though....

Yeah have heard the same thing. Also heard yesterday that Plunkett and his team are all either not being reappointed at Bulls for next season or are walking. Weird rumour to hear when playing (and playing well) in finals.

On the weekends games both Macleod and Bundoora look impressive. Both finals this weekend will be absolute cracking games......spending $30 to see them and then $5.50 for cats piss is tough though....
Well at least there's 3 phone calls that Supers manager can make;). Actually the EDFL seems a popular destination for him at the moment.

Welcome back Denny, I am now looking forward to some insightful comments from you during the finals.
Beware, the slumbering giant has awoken.

Welcome back Denny, I am now looking forward to some insightful comments from you during the finals.
Beware, the slumbering giant has awoken.

Thanks Tiger. Have always been around just had other priorities.....also insightful is pushing it.....usually rum soaked dribble comes out of me.

My only insight is this weekends finals should not be missed. Whilst elimination finals are exciting due to its finality the Heid v Macleod game will be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good coach with a fairly decent resume. I reckon he should have no trouble getting another gig.
Depends on what your definition of a good coach is I suppose. From what I can gather his people skills are ordinary and his coaching style has a short shelf life. I've no doubt he works hard and is thorough with development of game plans and tactics, but his overall attitude tends to blinkered towards himself. After a while the enthusiasm towards him wears thin.

Last edited:

I heard the same on Sunday.... Dyson and his bro-in-law Harris (Ivanhoes coach) as an assistant.
Strange it seems its fait accomplit when they are very much alive in the finals race.

Also heard Northcote Parks coach won't be returning either.

Saturday's game should be a cracker. Macleod in red hot form and the Tigers the best side during the home & away season. If Connors can fire then I'm tipping a Heidelberg win by 3-4 goals.

I'm sure if they ask me for next year, I can throw a logo at them with some sponsorship money. Mark Lynch has my number
I used to sponsor a sizable sum, but unfortunately due to the clubs total lack of sponsor engagement we moved away from sponsoring. I still follow the club and love to see them do well but wont be tipping in coin unfortunately.

I used to sponsor a sizable sum, but unfortunately due to the clubs total lack of sponsor engagement we moved away from sponsoring. I still follow the club and love to see them do well but wont be tipping in coin unfortunately.

We never got a return on our investment (you would have a fair idea Rompa how much we used to tip in), however, I always considered it a donation and didn't really expect anything back other than a "thanks" and a free banger at half time.....I guess it all comes down to our own personal expectations on what value you want for tipping in the moula

We never got a return on our investment (you would have a fair idea Rompa how much we used to tip in), however, I always considered it a donation and didn't really expect anything back other than a "thanks" and a free banger at half time.....I guess it all comes down to our own personal expectations on what value you want for tipping in the moula

We were never after a return, We always considered it a donation, but when you are still paying entry at away games 10 rounds in because no one has even bothered to give you your membership (3 years in a row) you start to feel a little unappreciated. Funny enough the one person who did really appreciate all we did was also shown no respect with his fantastic work with the cloudraisers. Pity the power base at the time decided to shut them down.

We were never after a return, We always considered it a donation, but when you are still paying entry at away games 10 rounds in because no one has even bothered to give you your membership (3 years in a row) you start to feel a little unappreciated. Funny enough the one person who did really appreciate all we did was also shown no respect with his fantastic work with the cloudraisers. Pity the power base at the time decided to shut them down.

I'm not really sure why you would air your grievances here on Big Footy about your feelings toward the club. I would have asked someone at the club for my membership key ring in the first instance. I know sometimes things get forgotten and "unappreciated", but to let this go for another 2 years after that, maybe you have contributed to your own feelings by not asking the question. I'm sure your key ring could have been organised very quickly. Anyway, if you would like to have a chat to Mark Lynch about it, his number is on the NFL website and I'm sure he can address your concerns moving forward.

I'm not really sure why you would air your grievances here on Big Footy about your feelings toward the club. I would have asked someone at the club for my membership key ring in the first instance. I know sometimes things get forgotten and "unappreciated", but to let this go for another 2 years after that, maybe you have contributed to your own feelings by not asking the question. I'm sure your key ring could have been organised very quickly. Anyway, if you would like to have a chat to Mark Lynch about it, his number is on the NFL website and I'm sure he can address your concerns moving forward.
No offense to my Macleod friends but I agree with Rompa here. If your tipping in big coin year after year I don't think it's your responsibility to have to chase someone down for something that probably cost 50 cents to make. It might sound like a small thing but I think it's pretty important to look after those who tip in the way they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back