2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

The QAFA A banter is way better, can we get some angry fruit in here?

Illiterate grubs from the boondocks don't provide great entertainment I'm afraid.

Lets get back to talking footy, can someone who attended the game on Friday explain how the Woodsmen beat Collingwood Park without their best 6 players?

Also, how exactly did Zillmere keep the Panthers to just a single behind?!
Woodsmen were just the better team for the whole game. No standouts just harder at the ball, skill level was that bit better then CP's on the night and just generally moved the ball more efficiently. CP definitely gave it a good crack though, just were out played for the majority of the game. Forward line definitely missed Major but also Jake Booth running out the middle was a big loss for them especially against a team like woodsmen.

Like I previously said we got beaten because we simply didn't stick to our game plan. We were missing 6 of our top 10 I would say on any given week and lost abit of size around the ground but that's no excuse. We needed to keep the ball low and move it quick. We failed to do that and bombing the ball long and turning it over against a taller team just wasn't good enough. We didn't look dangerous up forward and struggled to get a score on the board because of that. Based on #1, #25, #27 being our best players we didn't have anybody run out wearing 1 or 27 on the weekend and number 25 for us is a bench player (a darn good one given fitness and his body enabling him to he would be in our best week in week out) who gets used in 5/10 minute spells per quarter. We need to adapt and overcome because a few of us including myself aren't coming back to play in a hurry. Woodsmen were simply too good. However even a brief chat with Thommo after the game they didn't look as dangerous as they did last year without a power forward so to speak. Because they also look abit indecisive in their forward 50. But they murdered us at stoppages and kicked a few cracking goals which was the difference. Completely out played by the better team on the night so that's what happened out at redbank on friday.

A
How do you know who their best 6 players are? Perhaps who you think are their best 6 are very different to who really are their best 6?

We have seen them twice and clearly #1, #25 and #27 were their best. I see from the teamsheet, all 3 of them played this week and 2 of them were named in the best. Maybe you have it wrong...? (again)

Apologies after re-reading your comment I realised your speaking about woodsmen players not Collingwood park. Got confused as we were also missing 6 on friday. Sorry mate.

How do you know who their best 6 players are? Perhaps who you think are their best 6 are very different to who really are their best 6?

We have seen them twice and clearly #1, #25 and #27 were their best. I see from the teamsheet, all 3 of them played this week and 2 of them were named in the best. Maybe you have it wrong...? (again)

Maybe not their best 6, but 6 of their best.

As for #1, #25 and #27. Well if you did 30 seconds of research, you would see that every week previously, S.Curtis and C.Mihalpolous have worn #1 and #27 and they are their best 2 mids by a mile. I'm not going to bother saying who #25 is, as he will just get a big head.

Mikalopolous is a 3 time Div 1 Premiership Captain from the Magpies, so he is a decent 'out' I would have thought. Gerard Moore is a dual premiership player at the Magpies and was Gold Coast Suns listed, so probably qualifies in their best 6 also...? Also had their Captain out, who I know they rate internally.

So maybe best 6 was a stretch, but they certainly had a shedload of good players out. Seems like Power did as well, and the Woodsmen depth was stronger - which explains the result I guess

Like I previously said we got beaten because we simply didn't stick to our game plan. We were missing 6 of our top 10 I would say on any given week and lost abit of size around the ground but that's no excuse. We needed to keep the ball low and move it quick. We failed to do that and bombing the ball long and turning it over against a taller team just wasn't good enough. We didn't look dangerous up forward and struggled to get a score on the board because of that. Based on #1, #25, #27 being our best players we didn't have anybody run out wearing 1 or 27 on the weekend and number 25 for us is a bench player (a darn good one given fitness and his body enabling him to he would be in our best week in week out) who gets used in 5/10 minute spells per quarter. We need to adapt and overcome because a few of us including myself aren't coming back to play in a hurry. Woodsmen were simply too good. However even a brief chat with Thommo after the game they didn't look as dangerous as they did last year without a power forward so to speak. Because they also look abit indecisive in their forward 50. But they murdered us at stoppages and kicked a few cracking goals which was the difference. Completely out played by the better team on the night so that's what happened out at redbank on friday.

You blokes have game plans in this league? I thought it was just kick and hope.

You blokes have game plans in this league? I thought it was just kick and hope.

Not playing for sheep stations but your still out there to win games of footy. Kick and hope is under 8 style approach. I'm sure every team in the Comp has a fair idea of the style of play they want to execute each week but that might vary when you have 2 blokes at 6 foot or more and the opposition has a lot more. Common sense would say don't kick it high to the bigger players. Kick and hope doesn't/won't cut it if you want to be competitive. No need to insult the 'league' as a group of bone head nuffies who no nothing about footy.

Positives ... Hmmmm

Guise is a good player

That's about it

Apart from that, I've got nothing

Heard some shit come from their coaches mouth a couple weeks ago about them being the best club in the Logan area. How about they play a praccy match against the Suns or Pirates?

Would not be contest. Whilst we respect the Redbacks and what they are about, I think they would not get within 10 goals of either side.

Would not be contest. Whilst we respect the Redbacks and what they are about, I think they would not get within 10 goals of either side.
I'm not sure what this proves. They don't need to beat teams that aren't in their league.

Not being a smart arse and I know you didn't bring it up blocker.

Illiterate grubs from the boondocks don't provide great entertainment I'm afraid.

Lets get back to talking footy, can someone who attended the game on Friday explain how the Woodsmen beat Collingwood Park without their best 6 players?

Collingwood Park just aren't that good, better then last year but still probably only top of the lower teams but still not a top 5 side. They haven't really beaten anyone of note.

Collingwood Park just aren't that good, better then last year but still probably only top of the lower teams but still not a top 5 side. They haven't really beaten anyone of note.

Knocked off jimboomba round 1, knocked off a Mayne team who beat the woodsmen (when myself and a few other boys weren't available) and had solid wins over yeronga and the cats. Can only beat who's been put in front of us mate. Have dropped games to a tough Ferny side away and to woodsmen on the weekend. Not bad for a stand alone club with no juniors 16s/18s to draw from as they come through and only 27 players on the books. We have been given a favourable draw this year but don't say we aren't any good cause we haven't beaten anybody.

Isn't springwood in logan?? They have a pretty decent record of recent years.
Yes Np, sorry, I forgot about Springwood. Cleary MR Cole did as well. Thinking his team is the best team is Logan is a bit far fetched. Maybe it was said in spur of the moment as a tounge in cheek comment one night over a few drinks at the Jimmy Tavern. Never the less it was comical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knocked off jimboomba round 1, knocked off a Mayne team who beat the woodsmen (when myself and a few other boys weren't available) and had solid wins over yeronga and the cats. Can only beat who's been put in front of us mate. Have dropped games to a tough Ferny side away and to woodsmen on the weekend. Not bad for a stand alone club with no juniors 16s/18s to draw from as they come through and only 27 players on the books. We have been given a favourable draw this year but don't say we aren't any good cause we haven't beaten anybody.

Didn't jimboomba have permit players that day?, Even Yeronga pushed Jimboomba for 3qtrs early in the season. Jimboomba get better as the season goes on. Mayne will finish just above Yeronga bottom 3, Yes Mayne beat a depleted Woodsmen how did you guys go against a depleted woodsmen?. I'm not saying you guys are crap but you guys aren't top 5 material just yet. Woodsmen, Sandgate, Ferny will finish top 6 and you guys struggled.

QAFL FAN, speaking of better banter, what has happened to your mate Pea Nut??? He always managed to bring the banter year in year out but he's gone MIA this year?!?
BRING BACK THE NUT!!!!!!!

QUOTE="watson10, post: 44667271, member: 97439"]Didn't jimboomba have permit players that day?, Even Yeronga pushed Jimboomba for 3qtrs early in the season. Jimboomba get better as the season goes on. Mayne will finish just above Yeronga bottom 3, Yes Mayne beat a depleted Woodsmen how did you guys go against a depleted woodsmen?. I'm not saying you guys are crap but you guys aren't top 5 material just yet. Woodsmen, Sandgate, Ferny will finish top 6 and you guys struggled.[/QUOTE]

Time shall tell my friend. Hopefully I can get back on the field this year aswell as the few boys we have missing and we can prove the doubters wrong. If we aren't top 5 this year we will still develop as much as possible as a team and continue to improve just like we have done this year.

Hey cheif, Awesome rant!

But sorry to burst your bubble, I don't have kids who play footy, infact I don't have kids at all.

So you aren't really on the money there.

And my point about poaching players wasnt in regards to Tomlinson coming back to the club.
He couldn't hack it at the top so he came back, no problems there,

It was more on the fact that your coach is seen at other local games on a Saturday speaking to players from other clubs trying to entice them to the Redbacks

You don't want to believe your coach is this type of person, that's fine. Back him to the hills for all I care.

I'm only commenting on what I've seen and been told.

Good luck against the panthers thirds this Friday night. They'll surprise you
Popped on here to read what all the chatter was about last night and l will say this I've known Mags for year and never seen him at one of the Pirates games
and l will also say this if you think your bringing your son down and going to cause a stir here at Park Ridge both you and the boy will be shown the door instantly
Just seems like a forum to come on here and bag people and clubs which is gutless to be honsent do it the way l did at Mayne and Leopards tell the person face to face.
Jeppo

any guesses as to who Maggot will line up as his next character witness?

Perhaps QAFL Fan could run a book on it

Didn't jimboomba have permit players that day?, Even Yeronga pushed Jimboomba for 3qtrs early in the season. Jimboomba get better as the season goes on. Mayne will finish just above Yeronga bottom 3, Yes Mayne beat a depleted Woodsmen how did you guys go against a depleted woodsmen?. I'm not saying you guys are crap but you guys aren't top 5 material just yet. Woodsmen, Sandgate, Ferny will finish top 6 and you guys struggled.
I think 6th spot will come down the round 15 clash between Ferny Grove and CP. Can't write CP off yet, have a look at the fixture and the ladder. The 2 points CP gained off that drawn match against Sandgate, albeit in unfortunate circumstances, will probably be 2 points that Ferny won't get the against the same opposition.

Those 2 points may just prove very valuable, unless Ferny can cause an upset in the next four games. Highly unlikely against those opponents - best chance will be against the woodsmen as recent form has proven.

Exciting couple of weeks coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what all the hype is for CP, they haven't beaten anyone decent. I was at the Sandgate game and from the first quarter CP looked like they were going to lose by 80+ points. I will say it again, CP are only where they are from there easier draw. I would hope they make finals if I was a stronger side. They will go out in first week of finals for sure. Top 6 sides are Zillmere Sandgate UQ Jimboomba Woodsmen and Ferny Grove. Woodsmen proved depends who they have each week with there loss to Mayne then beating CP comfortable. Ferny will take Coorparoos spot from last season in finals. UQ v Sandgate GF

U
I keep reading they haven't beaten anyone decent, yet they beat Jimboomba ...?

what is defined as decent?
yes they beat Jimboomba by a kick, but I would say Jimboomba are a different side now to 6 weeks ago. CP proved they aren't amongst the better sides yet from the woodsmen loss. Woodies haven't been playing that good a footy either. But woodies are still a side who come right finals time. CP haven't beaten anyone since. This crap that CP beat Mayne and Mayne beat Woodies. Crock of shit, woodies are still a better side than both Mayne and CP. CP always beat weaker sides and beaten comfortably by the better sides. I take it your new to the comp and unsure of the history of the teams to know who is decent?

Not being at all disrespectful to the club or players in any way shape or form but everybody seems to be raving about Zilmere but who have they beaten. Woodies by a point the other quality teams have done them easily. They have only beaten the lesser teams aswell. Same situation as us. Can only beat who they play but when they have played quality they have gone down.. I previously posted about the draw and how easy/hard some teams will find it and how it will affect the ladder. I also stated that it will be used against the teams with a favourable draw as to where they sit and as an excuse for the 'better' teams to justify where they sit. And as predicted the putting down of 'lesser' teams has already begun and albeit 'top' teams are using it to justify why this or that team sits above them. Now that might not be coming from the players/coaching staff or club itself but the 'back patter' supporters who seem to only ride a clubs success seem to have a bit to say. I said every team should play twice, Every team gets equality opportunity to win the same amount of games and no excuses or talk about draws can be made. I hope we make finals and I hope Ferny Grove do aswell. We can only beat who we are down to play. That's out of our hands so all the rubbish about either team being no good or having an easy draw needs to stop. If we aren't any good smash us when you play is simple as that.

Results are all over the place, which is a good thing. It would be pretty boring if every expected win/loss happened the way people expect it to.

You can't use Woodsmen as a benchmark, because their form seems to fluctuate the most. UQ appears to be the form team, yet lost to the Woodsmen.

Zillmere beat Woodsmen by a point. Jimboomba beat Woodsmen by a couple of kicks and their biggest loss was to Mayne...!

We got thumped by the Woodsmen and beat Ferny Grove. Yet Ferny Grove beat Collingwood Park, who beat Jimboomba. Trying make sense of it all is just silly.

At the end of the day, it appears Yeronga and the Cats are easy beats, and Coorparoo are struggling. The rest of the teams could beat each other on any given day. Seems like Sandgate have had close games against Jimboomba and Zillmere, and Woodsmen have had close games against Zillmere, Jimboomba, Mayne and UQ - but only managed to win one of them.

A couple of players unavailable here and there, seems to make a big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back