2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

When
Results are all over the place, which is a good thing. It would be pretty boring if every expected win/loss happened the way people expect it to.

You can't use Woodsmen as a benchmark, because their form seems to fluctuate the most. UQ appears to be the form team, yet lost to the Woodsmen.

Zillmere beat Woodsmen by a point. Jimboomba beat Woodsmen by a couple of kicks and their biggest loss was to Mayne...!

We got thumped by the Woodsmen and beat Ferny Grove. Yet Ferny Grove beat Collingwood Park, who beat Jimboomba. Trying make sense of it all is just silly.

At the end of the day, it appears Yeronga and the Cats are easy beats, and Coorparoo are struggling. The rest of the teams could beat each other on any given day. Seems like Sandgate have had close games against Jimboomba and Zillmere, and Woodsmen have had close games against Zillmere, Jimboomba, Mayne and UQ - but only managed to win one of them.

A couple of players unavailable here and there, seems to make a big difference.
When did I say Woodsmen were the benchmark, I said they are better than CP and Mayne. I also said u can't say a side is better than a side cause such and such beat this and that. I am saying Woodsmen are still a better side than CP and Mayne. Woodsmen played in Gf last year, won it the year before. They will have players to come back as other sides do. I am saying woodies come right finals time.

Not being at all disrespectful to the club or players in any way shape or form but everybody seems to be raving about Zilmere but who have they beaten. Woodies by a point the other quality teams have done them easily. They have only beaten the lesser teams aswell. Same situation as us. Can only beat who they play but when they have played quality they have gone down.. I previously posted about the draw and how easy/hard some teams will find it and how it will affect the ladder. I also stated that it will be used against the teams with a favourable draw as to where they sit and as an excuse for the 'better' teams to justify where they sit. And as predicted the putting down of 'lesser' teams has already begun and albeit 'top' teams are using it to justify why this or that team sits above them. Now that might not be coming from the players/coaching staff or club itself but the 'back patter' supporters who seem to only ride a clubs success seem to have a bit to say. I said every team should play twice, Every team gets equality opportunity to win the same amount of games and no excuses or talk about draws can be made. I hope we make finals and I hope Ferny Grove do aswell. We can only beat who we are down to play. That's out of our hands so all the rubbish about either team being no good or having an easy draw needs to stop. If we aren't any good smash us when you play is simple as that.
CP won't beat UQ Zillmere and lost comfortably to Ferny. Sandgate would of smashed them, they got beat by woodies too.

But if you use previous years as a measure, then Sandgate seem like pretenders.

100 point loss in the 2014 Prelim according to sportingpulse, and out in first week of finals last year.

Also in 2015 only beating a struggling Ferny Grove by 2 points and getting hammered comprehensively by the 2 grand finalists.

Using previous years results is probably not the best measure, given they now sit on top of the table.

As QAFL fan has also mentioned depth in you list plays a big roll. With 27 on our list and 8 injured players we are carrying injured players on our bench each week we manage to get s favour off a few former players to fill in which is lucky but we don't have the luxury to call upon former QAFL or higher division players to bring in. With our best team on the park round 1 we showed what we are capable of. However that's a part of footy every club has to work around it because it's not a valid excuse. Play your best 22 and if that's not good enough on the night and you get beaten tough luck.

CP won't beat UQ Zillmere and lost comfortably to Ferny. Sandgate would of smashed them, they got beat by woodies too.
CP didn't lose comfortably to Ferny. Was a kick in at 3 quarter time. Ferny won the game in the last 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you use previous years as a measure, then Sandgate seem like pretenders.

100 point loss in the 2014 Prelim according to sportingpulse, and out in first week of finals last year.

Also in 2015 only beating a struggling Ferny Grove by 2 points and getting hammered comprehensively by the 2 grand finalists.

Using previous years results is probably not the best measure, given they now sit on top of the table.
All I am saying is don't rule the woodies out yet, be interesting to see how they go against Sandgate next week. It's been same finalist and top sides for ages in this Comp.

As QAFL fan has also mentioned depth in you list plays a big roll. With 27 on our list and 8 injured players we are carrying injured players on our bench each week we manage to get s favour off a few former players to fill in which is lucky but we don't have the luxury to call upon former QAFL or higher division players to bring in. With our best team on the park round 1 we showed what we are capable of. However that's a part of footy every club has to work around it because it's not a valid excuse. Play your best 22 and if that's not good enough on the night and you get beaten tough luck.
You constantly say excuses for CP but then say can't use it as an excuse when beaten. ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Ferny aren't that good either then
I don't play with them anymore, but I do know there is an expectation from senior players and more so from the coach, to put your body on the line.

Ferny have improved from last year, but are they good? Time will tell. But you can expect a hard, physical contest.

I don't play with them anymore, but I do know there is an expectation from senior players and more so from the coach, to put your body on the line.

Ferny have improved from last year, but are they good? Time will tell. But you can expect a hard, physical contest.

I hope Ferny make the finals

It's a hard physical contest I can assure you they get a big tick for that one. Some of the attempted Banta from a few of there blokes leaves much to be desired.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back