2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours of a few Broadbeach guys heading over there. Even been suggested that they are actually paying a few guys. Couldn't possibly be true, blokes in this division getting paid is absolutely absurd.

If I was someone like Guise or Watson and they brought in a player and paid him, I'd walk straight out the door given the quality they have provided to that club for free!

QAFL with the inside mail early? Dillon and Tomlinson ? Broadys runner up b&f from last year and mostconsistant into redback jerseys!

Finger. On. Pulse.

I wouldn't be too worried by Tomlinson if I was one of the other top sides, but Dillon is a huge get.

He would be the best player in the comp, and makes a pretty good combo with little Guise.

Dillon has been around a bit, would get recognized fairly quickly in a game and tagged I would think. Jimboomba maybe rely on too few a players, sandgate possibly in the same boat.

would obviously be very familiar with the Woodsmen guys given the Magpie connection, probably a few premiership teammates.

Does anyone in this comp apply a tag though?

There might only be a couple of teams with the players that can perform the tagging role. A few try, but just don't have the discipline or awareness to do the job

Having a look at teams that are named.

Zillmere without Colvin, Smith, Duce, Burton, Dickfos and Cable.

But Rohan Cash comes back into the side, who can play a bit.

Can't see Zillmere getting anywhere near them with those 6 blokes out though, they've kicked 92 goals this season in total and over 60 of them have come from that group of players!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way the Coorparoo side that played tonight is the same team they have been playing all year. Their team tonight wouldn't drop many games in this comp. I would say a 15 goal better side than what their previous results would indicate.

Having a look at teams that are named.

Zillmere without Colvin, Smith, Duce, Burton, Dickfos and Cable.

But Rohan Cash comes back into the side, who can play a bit.

Can't see Zillmere getting anywhere near them with those 6 blokes out though, they've kicked 92 goals this season in total and over 60 of them have come from that group of players!

Looking at the results it seems Zillmere have a little more depth that people think.

I love how close the top 6 teams in this comp have been so far! Devastated I missed the first controversial Jimboomba game and even more devastated I'll be missing the first clash with Sandgate but I should be back in time for both those games later in the year. Already keen for finals to roll around and see everyone step it up a notch. That's in gameplay and in overall banter on bigfooty

No way the Coorparoo side that played tonight is the same team they have been playing all year. Their team tonight wouldn't drop many games in this comp. I would say a 15 goal better side than what their previous results would indicate.

I actually heard the same thing from another club a couple weeks ago. Looks as though they may be using that side as a rehab side for their seniors and reserves.

Sporting pulse said that morningside were playing at home so I turned up at about 7pm only to find no crowd and no lights on. Why was that game moved to Mayne? Surely morningside aren't dodging a home game to preserve their field before they play Sandgate in the QAFL today?

I actually heard the same thing from another club a couple weeks ago. Looks as though they may be using that side as a rehab side for their seniors and reserves.

Sporting pulse said that morningside were playing at home so I turned up at about 7pm only to find no crowd and no lights on. Why was that game moved to Mayne? Surely morningside aren't dodging a home game to preserve their field before they play Sandgate in the QAFL today?
Moved to Mayne the Mside boys said lights werent up to scratch, it had mott st as the ground all week just m'side listed as the home team

I spoke to Rexy from Colly Park yesterday arvo and he was concerned about Coorparoo dropping blokes back. I assured him they don't do that.

Then 5 minutes later i spoke to a mate who i work with that plays seniors at the Kings and he said he was heading down to the game because Coorparoo had an "all star" team named and it was a big night with BBQ mafia.

Turns out 6 or 7 players who are regular seniors have commitments today and can't play, but wanted a game. So it wasn't a case of dropping blokes back for a win, just circumstances.

I didn't have the heart to call Rexy back and tell him!

Let me clarify for Coorparoo. There were 2 players that played last night who played 3rds for the first time this year, because they have other commitments today. Not interested in trying to bolster the 3rds side at the expense of reserves and seniors. We are a 3rds side, players move between teams. Still no excuse for the behaviour of Collingwood Park who after starting to lose the plot on field had 2 blokes drive off before game had completed and no one including Rex bothering to stick around for a beer after.

There are a few guys in this Comp who need to realise that's it Friday night social footy. Yeah we all want to win but we aren't playing for sheep stations.

Last week against Sandgate there were 2 or 3 guys (Sandgate forward line) who wouldn't shake hands after the game but the majority of their team were good blokes.

On a positive Note. Good on Ipswich cats. Played hard all game, didn't stop trying and gained a lot of respect from the our playing group.

Jimmy Fitz told me 6. Nobody is suggesting 'stacking' just circumstances meant a few blokes couldn't play Saturday this week so 3rds into 2s , 2s into 1s and unfortunately for the power a few 1s into 3s.

Just the way it goes sometimes, luck of the draw.

Was't it the Collingwood Park boys bragging about how easy their draw was compared to other finals contenders in the comp? Interesting that when the going gets tough, they don't get going. Doesn't bode well for finals time.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back